Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1281 1282 [1283] 1284 1285 ... 1346

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2672684 times)

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #19230 on: May 27, 2018, 06:58:23 pm »

Finally got around to reading the newer C# changelog posts. The ground forces overhaul is going to be gorram amazing.

That's honestly the biggest reason why I can't wait for C#. That and the performance overhaul.

Ranged66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19231 on: June 03, 2018, 07:02:20 am »

You think that's great?

Once communication is established, the NPR will inform the player which systems it claims and which systems it believes should remain neutral (i.e. not claimed by the player). Beyond those systems, it will recognise player sovereignty claims unless it decides to start a war.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10096.0

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19232 on: June 03, 2018, 07:09:34 am »

You think that's great?

Once communication is established, the NPR will inform the player which systems it claims and which systems it believes should remain neutral (i.e. not claimed by the player). Beyond those systems, it will recognise player sovereignty claims unless it decides to start a war.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10096.0

Wait, so you're telling me I wont have to have constant border disputes with neighbouring NPRs? They just agree to a neutral zone? That's awesome!
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19233 on: June 03, 2018, 10:12:48 pm »

Im quite hype about that as well.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19234 on: June 04, 2018, 05:25:16 am »

Well, more they'll dictate their demands. Watch them demand that a vitally important hub between Sol and the rest of your empire needs to remain empty.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19235 on: June 04, 2018, 05:27:23 am »

Well, more they'll dictate their demands. Watch them demand that a vitally important hub between Sol and the rest of your empire needs to remain empty.

Then there shall be blood. And it shall all be xeno blood. Maybe I'll save their lifepods just to jettison them into space myself...
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19236 on: June 04, 2018, 07:09:03 am »

Still much better than previously. Although Steve also said they might accept peace if they think achieving their objective isn't possible anymore, so there will be more than just "crush the enemy, and enslave their entire population".

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19237 on: June 04, 2018, 06:40:50 pm »

Unless, of course, the only way to convince them that their goals are untenable is to crush the enemy and enslave their entire population. But, you know, you can't make an omelette without breaking a few empires.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19238 on: July 10, 2018, 01:12:14 pm »

I mean whatever, my SOP was already a coinflip between total extermination or enslavement, so any change is positive change.

Also, going by one of Steve's more recent posts, it sounds like he's tweaked empire AI to stop spamming JP gates everywhere and not suicide endless quantities of commercial shipping into contested systems.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19239 on: July 10, 2018, 05:09:28 pm »

I mean whatever, my SOP was already a coinflip between total extermination or enslavement, so any change is positive change.

Also, going by one of Steve's more recent posts, it sounds like he's tweaked empire AI to stop spamming JP gates everywhere and not suicide endless quantities of commercial shipping into contested systems.

Aww... But raiding the enemy was so easy with a free highway to their homeworld.

Epicfaillord

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19240 on: July 10, 2018, 08:22:39 pm »

Aww... But raiding the enemy was so easy with a free highway to their homeworld.

If your military ships have jump ships in their squadrons it doesn't matter whether there are jump gates or not. I just build gates on everything with civilian or industrial presence and have my military, scouts, and survey ships use jump drives.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19241 on: July 10, 2018, 09:55:15 pm »

If your military ships have jump ships in their squadrons it doesn't matter whether there are jump gates or not. I just build gates on everything with civilian or industrial presence and have my military, scouts, and survey ships use jump drives.

Yeah but now I'll have to look harder.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19242 on: July 11, 2018, 03:48:09 pm »

You're forgetting the most important part: culling civilians.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #19243 on: September 30, 2018, 10:07:53 pm »

I designed and built my first freighter class that doesn't blow up halfway between Earth and Luna from maintenance failures (I forgot maintenance spaces on my first freighter-designing attempt). Turns out, though, that these freighters are 60,300 tons.

Earth's maintenance facilities are only able to handle ships downward of 13,800 tons.

I'm going to scrap the two freighters to try to prevent system failure. Their maintenance clocks are at 82 right now. Hopefully the scrapping goes quickly.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19244 on: September 30, 2018, 11:37:35 pm »

Your freighters shouldn't be blowing up, period, unless they're being actively shot at by something. It makes me think that you've accidentally added non-civilian parts to it.

If you have, don't do that - one of the big advantages of civilian parts is that you don't have to worry about maintenance.
Pages: 1 ... 1281 1282 [1283] 1284 1285 ... 1346