Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1336 1337 [1338] 1339 1340 ... 1346

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2673011 times)

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #20055 on: October 13, 2020, 02:11:16 pm »

where's the fleet training maneuvers button now?

also, where's equalize fuel?
Fleet training happens when you place the fleet in a Training Naval Admin Command (created under Admin Command tab in Fleet Organization).

Fuel isn't moved instantly between ships anymore. To transfer fuel out of a ship and into another, you need a refueling system (or a massive refueling hub) and you need to mark the ship as a tanker. You can then either select the tanker and under Ship Overview you'll find a drop down for auto-refueling, or you can give the fleet an order to refuel from own tankers (in the fleet) or from stationary tankers. Ships are refueled in descending order of refuel priority (followed by something else, I don't remember) under the Miscellaneous tab in the Class Design view.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20056 on: October 14, 2020, 04:37:30 am »

Fleets also train on their own when placed in any command, just slower (and less ressource intensive).

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20057 on: October 24, 2020, 05:02:40 am »

Very often seeing interruptions when passing 5-day increments, or even shorter increments when trying to OCD back to the 5th-day 12:00AM production tick(it's actually about half an hour earlier than that, much to my irritation). I did put 5 NPRs at the start of the game, could that be the cause? I've been getting this since the start of the run, and it's been about 8 years.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20058 on: October 24, 2020, 06:03:55 pm »

You can try changing the detection settings in the game settings to None without player presence. If the interruptions go away, then it's NPR sensor/combat. If not, then it's possibly happening in your systems undetected. Could also try changing to longer sub-pulses.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20059 on: November 24, 2020, 01:15:03 pm »

I'm trying to get into Aurora. I spent almost two hours setting up my ground units OOB. Is there a way to save it and re-use it in another game? Or use it on my second player race?

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20060 on: November 24, 2020, 02:55:30 pm »

no. that's part of the fun of Aurora, you know, playing the same exact opening hundreds of times, only to screw up or forget some important detail, leading to a restart and repeat of your last hour or two of fleet creation and research.

TBF I still don't know how to back up a save, but I also haven't looked into it too hard.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20061 on: November 24, 2020, 04:00:37 pm »

TBF I still don't know how to back up a save, but I also haven't looked into it too hard.

It should be backing up your previous database, renaming it to "AuroraDBSaveBackup.db", whenever you save. And the previous backup gets renamed to "AuroraDBPreviousSaveBackup.db".
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20062 on: November 25, 2020, 01:50:24 am »

no. that's part of the fun of Aurora, you know, playing the same exact opening hundreds of times, only to screw up or forget some important detail, leading to a restart and repeat of your last hour or two of fleet creation and research.

I see, and is there any downside to create battalions without the regimental and company structures? At least for the non-expeditionary main planetary defense force.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20063 on: November 25, 2020, 08:59:13 am »

Each commander gives some of their bonus to the units under them in the heirachy, so if you don't use a heirachy you miss out on that, but there's no inherent penalty.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20064 on: November 25, 2020, 12:56:42 pm »

I think there may be some supply issues.  Units can only rely on their own supplies if there is no HQ.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20065 on: November 25, 2020, 01:56:09 pm »

Each commander gives some of their bonus to the units under them in the heirachy, so if you don't use a heirachy you miss out on that, but there's no inherent penalty.

Okay, what if I do it like this:

Division HQ
                  Batalion HQ
                                      3Company HQ + 3x Company

I just merge those three companies into one unit and attach a Company HQ (+2 for redundancy). This way the fighting units still get 3 levels of HQ. ?

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #20066 on: November 27, 2020, 07:15:45 am »

I made cheap garrison infantry units without units above them.

I started with 8 billion population on the homeworld so I use these for that garrison:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm not sure if they are even functional but I haven't hit an NPR yet either (had to turn off Real Stars because it was almost empty in terms of potential NPR habitable planets for about 5 or 6 jumps from Sol and haven't explored with it off yet). I found one planet under colony cost 2 though that I made habitable.

To be honest I SM'd them in because initially I was using smaller formation templates that were reasonably movable by ship and when I saw how many I'd have to queue up I was like screw it I'ma SM in 2000 of these.

Then I looked at the order of battle tab and realized I had made a mistake.

After clicking delete 2000 times I made giant garrison formations that will never step aboard a ship.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 07:23:31 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20067 on: November 27, 2020, 12:44:09 pm »

I made cheap garrison infantry units without units above them.

I started with 8 billion population on the homeworld so I use these for that garrison:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm not sure if they are even functional but I haven't hit an NPR yet either (had to turn off Real Stars because it was almost empty in terms of potential NPR habitable planets for about 5 or 6 jumps from Sol and haven't explored with it off yet). I found one planet under colony cost 2 though that I made habitable.

To be honest I SM'd them in because initially I was using smaller formation templates that were reasonably movable by ship and when I saw how many I'd have to queue up I was like screw it I'ma SM in 2000 of these.

Then I looked at the order of battle tab and realized I had made a mistake.

After clicking delete 2000 times I made giant garrison formations that will never step aboard a ship.

Thanks.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20068 on: November 27, 2020, 12:51:10 pm »

Has the hotfix for that last big patch come out yet? There has been apparently some pretty big bugs in the patch (from seeing bug reports on the forum). been wanting to give this a try, but been waiting for the hotfix to come out.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20069 on: November 27, 2020, 05:58:49 pm »

There won't be a hotfix, if you mean a patch without a database change and not a patch that's being applied to a production system or a patch that addresses a single massive issue.  The next patch is 1.13 and includes database changes. 
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 06:00:55 pm by Culise »
Pages: 1 ... 1336 1337 [1338] 1339 1340 ... 1346