Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33

Author Topic: BM8: The Eclipse (End: Town Victory)  (Read 53639 times)

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
BM8: The Eclipse (End: Town Victory)
« on: January 11, 2010, 06:33:41 pm »

THIS IS FINAL POST CONTAINING FULL ROLE DISCLOSURE.

The Rules:
You may NOT PM to anyone except to me or from one mafia member to another.  Furthermore, ALL discussion about this game, even indirectly, can only occur in this thread.

All votes must be colored red.  To avoid confusion, only use that color when you are voting for someone.  You must also Unvote before you vote for another.  If you do NOT unvote, your new vote will NOT count.  No Lynch votes are allowed.

"Days" will last for 2 RL days.  Nights will last 24 hours or until all night roles have been sent to me.  The deadline will be posted regularly and I retain the ability to hurry the deadline for inactivity or extend the deadline if enough request it.  Note that any deadline that falls on a weekend will be pushed back to the following Monday.  Note that you may request to extend or shorten the day. Because my personal schedule allows me odd, if regular, times to be on, deadlines may be at inconvenient times. I'll attempt to prevent that from messing anything up.

Upon deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched.  If there is a tie, there will be no lynch. Once dead, you may not speak or PM anyone about the game, living or otherwise.  A Dead chat will be made available.
Mafia will be given their own Chat to speak to one another once roles have been sent.

Bolded sentences can be used to catch my attention.  Italics used by me is story text, or "flavor" as they call it, and is just there to be interesting.  Note you are free to apply flavor as you wish.  Note that the flavor has nothing to do with the actual gameplay and can be ignored if desired.

Do NOT quote my PM text and do NOT edit your posts (you can double post if you need to)

Lastly any suggestion of breaking a rule in the main chat will be treated as the rule already broken.  If you have any questions or wish to make sure of the legality of an action, PM me first.

You can, of course, ask any questions you may have.

These are the Roles that may appear in the game:

Townsperson: The basic town role. Your goal is to help the town lynch all of the mafia players. You win as long as the town wins.

Mafia: The basic antagonist role. You and the other Mafia players work together to kill off the townspeople. During the day, you pretend to be normal townspeople and voting on who is to be lynched. During the night, you will tell me the name of the player you wish to kill along with which of you will kill them. You win once you have greater than or equal to the number of town aligned players.

Mafia Roleblocker: Similar to the mafia.  However, in nights when you are not the one assigned to kill, you may choose one person for yourself.  The person you choose will be unable to perform their night action.  Note that the Doctor will not know if they have been blocked, but the Cop will know.  You will not be informed if you had blocked an actual action.

Mafia Godfather:  Similar to the mafia.  However, when investigated by the cop, they will show up as an innocent townsperson.

Cop: An honest cop, he may choose one player each night to investigate. He will then learn if that player is Mafia or Town.

Doctor: The doctor may choose one player each night to protect from the mafia's night kill.  Note that neither you nor the mafia will know if the kill had been stopped by your action.

Players:
1. inteuniso - Replaced by Leafsnail
2. GlyphGryph - Townie
Spoiler: Role PM (click to show/hide)
3. dorf - Doctor
4. Akigagak - Mafioso
5. Halmie - Cop
6. Errol
7. Therion - Replaced by Webadict - Townie
8. Rolan7
9.  ExKirby - Townie

ICs:
Town: Webadict, Org
Mafia: Vector
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 10:07:33 pm by SirBayer »
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
Re: BM8: The Eclipse (Night 0, because I'm not done setting up)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 06:35:30 pm »

“As you all know, we are at war,” Captain Webadict announced, marching up and down the line of his collected crew. “At this point, however, the UNMS Eclipse is considered compromised.”
   Everyone knew what that meant. The merchant marine vessel on which they were serving was no longer safe. There were spies, and they were probably setting up to take the ship, primarily for its... special cargo. Nuclear weapons, in specific. They couldn’t be used yet - they weren’t finished, entirely without detonators - but there was enough of them to not only be used for scientific purposes by the enemy, but quite possibly blow away a few planets as well. This was very, very serious.
   “Some of you people are the spies. You know who you are, and I’ve done my best to make you impotent. I’ve taken the liberty of depriving this vessel entirely of small arms, aside from my own and Org’s handguns.” They were, indeed, still strapped to the thighs of the Captain and his First Mate.
   “So. We’ve worked out a deal. It’s a nasty one, but it’s the only effective way to purge this ship. We’ve gone into orbit over a dead planet somewhere in relatively deep space, and we’ve locked up the systems. That’s a permanent condition until we’re sure we’re clear of the spies. And you people are going to discuss amongst yourselves, find out which of you is the spy, and then we’re gonna kill that person. And we’ll keep doing it until we can safely continue.” Webadict smiled grimly. “We suit them up for skydiving, throw them in the airlock, and let them die of starvation on the planet.”
   “That’s - that’s -” The protesting crewman was cut off by the captain.
   “Would you rather see a planet obliterated?” Webadict demanded. “I didn’t think so. We have things to do, and they don’t involve the enemy getting hold of a couple thousand nuclear devices. Get to work. Now.” Webadict turned on his heel and went back to the bridge. Org saluted the various members of the crew before following him.

Day 1 will begin as soon as Role PMs are out.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 06:53:17 pm by SirBayer »
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
Re: BM8: The Eclipse (Day 1: Spies? On my spaceship?)
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 06:52:47 pm »

Day 1 has begun. Day 1 will end on Thursday, January 14th, 2010, at 10:00 AM PST.

I rounded up so you guys get more time. =D
Rules are for suckers.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 07:00:43 pm »

Well then, Errol, been spying lately?
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 08:13:23 pm »

posting to have it on my watchlist.  This will be my first and last post until the game ends.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 08:41:50 pm »

Hey hey hey

I thought Alexhands was going to be the other Icee.

WEBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 09:27:04 pm »

Town is so fucked. ^

Hey, dorf what role would you most like to be in this game?
Meh.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 10:05:57 pm »

Town is so fucked. ^

No, we're going to kill the spies and finish our journey.  Odd that you refer to "Town" as if you aren't part of the crew, Halmie.  I finger of suspicion you to get things going.

FOS: Halmie (not in red since it isn't a real vote, right?)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 10:17:42 pm »

FOSes are put in blue
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 10:43:19 pm »

Scared of an OMGUS scum? My vote stays.
Meh.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 10:47:51 pm »

FOSes are put in blue

The ship's guidance AI, Pan-D4R, interrupts. "Technically," it states, "An FoS has no official standing and thus can be in any color. However, blue is customary."
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 11:09:19 pm »

Captain Webadict sharply kicks the console in the bridge. "Enough protocol, mutinous robot!" He trails off, muttering about the robot uprising.
Rules are for suckers.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 11:16:20 pm »

"I'm afraid I can't let you do that, Davewebadict." Webadict is flushed out the airlock.

Pan-D4R has replaced webadict as a town IC due to his mysterious absence. But not really. He'd be a better scum IC.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 11:48:44 pm »

Webadict gets better.
Rules are for suckers.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 11:58:04 pm »

I see, the red names are votes even without the word "vote".

Town is so fucked. ^

Hey, dorf what role would you most like to be in this game?

Vote Halmie.  Are you trying to get dorf to claim a role, or am I missing something?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33