Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Quick poll re: MODS  (Read 3507 times)

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
Quick poll re: MODS
« on: December 06, 2007, 12:30:00 am »

So how many of you use DF mods, and what do you use? A premade one? Do you just tinker with the raws yourself? Graphics mods or text mods? Which are your favorite, and why? What would you love to see in a mod (even if its not possible to make, yet)?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Quick poll re: MODS
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 12:47:00 am »

I like the celestial mod, Teldin's (your) mod, and my own mod, the one where I make megabeasts alot harder and balance some broken creatures.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 12:48:00 am »

Right now I'm just using that alchemy mod I made.

RedWick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 01:14:00 am »

I'd love to play around with extracts and alchemy more.  I'm considering modding in some more plants and their subsequent extracts and starting a fortress devoted exclusively to exporting these alchemical products.  It would certainly make for a different kind of fortress...

Reynard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 01:30:00 am »

Right now, I'm tweaking a stone mod that throws Toady's carefully crafted geology into a blender. Basically makes it so that you're going to find some of just about any mineral on a map. No more worrying about flux or good metals.

Right now I'm trying to pin down how the numbers in the mineral/gem raws work, exactly. I'm getting -way- too many diamonds.

MindSnap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 02:49:00 am »

I'm using a goblin mod of my own make. I added some goblin booze and giant guinea pigs to ranch in addition to making them playable.

Greenwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 03:43:00 am »

i fiddle with the raws myself...
i think my next project will be a simplified version of DF.
limit the world to one type of stone layer, called rock or maybe granite.
then have small clusters of rock crystal throughout, veins of all the useful ores, and large clusters of marble, obsidian, and perhaps some colored stones for decoration, these would all contain small clusters of a handfull of gem types.
Ahh, and one type of soil layer as well... sand.

Thus there would be no need for me to scout around for the perfect map.. all I'd have to look for would be a nice mountainhome overlooking a forest. Maybe I'd use reveal to find a site with an underground river.. since I just like playing with underground rivers...

MyBeardIsOnFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 05:57:00 am »

I'm one of those that don't use mods. The most I've changed is my graphics set and I don't want to fiddle with the raws myself while the API is not set in stone. I've seen some apparently fun mods that I'd like to try though, perhaps when I feel like playing an unorthodox game...
iantspider stands before you!
Giantspider...killed Yourlast Adventurer
Giantspider...killed Yo Momma

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 07:31:00 am »

I generally just play with mods I made myself.

Freddybear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 08:44:00 am »

I fiddled around with killing off aquifers but gave that up and figured out ways to get through them.

Currently I'm playing with the "alpha blend" graphics mod and a reworked version of "Winterwing's" old 16x16 anti-aliased character set.

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2007, 09:57:00 am »

I'm using Teldin's mod and the Dragons mod.

Zurai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 10:46:00 am »

I run my Prehistoria mod and a mod that fixes Kimberlite so I can actually have diamonds.

Metal Chao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 11:00:00 am »

Teldins Mod (2)
Goblin Mod (By me 0 :)

Umm...
The random stuff I made.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 12:06:00 pm »

Sometimes I run the Dwarven Speed mod (SPEED=1), for lightning dwarves. I also added a few adventure mode races, including Goblins, Spirits of Fire, Spirits of Ice, and whatever else comes to mind. I also made a plant mod, but is was so incompatible with all the other plant mods I decided to start over. All that, and I have a custom made graphics set and tileset as well.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 12:31:00 pm »

I've modded all gems to be usable to make crystal glass. other than that? nothing really.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.
Pages: [1] 2