Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Quick poll re: MODS  (Read 3471 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Quick poll re: MODS
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2007, 12:59:00 pm »

I mostly just tinker with the raws myself. But I am using Metalax's deblocker mod just because I was too lazy to make my own and liked the functionality  :)
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2007, 01:24:00 pm »

Anyone try my toy mod?
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2007, 01:42:00 pm »

I just mess around with my own mods. Although I have to admit that a lot of the mods posted in the MODDING forum are very interesting, especially teldin's. And the hornet mod from Armok.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2007, 02:43:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by ricemastah:
<STRONG>...And the hornet mod from Armok.</STRONG>

:D   :D   :D

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
I think it has a value in and of itself to run completely mod-free, it is somehow closer to Toadys vision, something I value and respect greatly (there must be SOME reason why he made the bad thought for art defacement so big, right?), also if I begin to mod I tend to have a problem whit were to stop, if I use moded at all it sooner or later ends up cheatishly unbalanced, lack of discipline I suppose.

Still the moding capabilities of this game is to awesome to ignore, so I make a separate install of of DF where I mod and test my mods but don't generally play any permanent forts.

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2007, 06:32:00 pm »

I've experimented with, and been impressed by, most of the mods that have come out so far, although I'm curently only using a few of my own in my long running forts.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2007, 07:20:00 pm »

I'm not using any mods right now, but next time I gen a world I'll probably throw the gunpowder mod in.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2007, 09:01:00 pm »

I changed sandy loam to be count as sand for glassmaking, buffed up a few megabeasts, and, just for lulz and interesting combat, gave ettins sixteen arms, four heads, twelve hearts/lungs/kidneys/spleens, 8 legs, and 250 eyes.
The spinning steel spear strikes the ettin in the third head! It is mangled! The ettins eye is slashed out! The ettins eye is slashed out! The ettins eye is slashed out! The ettins eye is slashed out! The ettins eye is slashed out! The ettins eye is slashed out! The ettins eye is slashed out! The ettins eye is slashed out! The ettins eye is slashed out! The ettins eye is slashed out! The ettins eye is slashed out! The ettins eye is slashed out! The ettins eye is slashed out! The ettins brain has been broken! The ettin falls over. The ettin gives in to pain. The ettin has bled to death.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Karzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2007, 09:28:00 pm »

I'm using the prehistoria mod.  And I have my dwarfs set to [SPEED=500].  Sometimes if I have a big project I drop it to 1.  I like adding creatures mainly though.
Life is short, live it.
Pages: 1 [2]