Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

(Youtube) DF Adventure Mode Stories and other Realms

(1/4) > >>

A Dwarven Smokeologist:
Videos have been sorted into various playlists for different characters // games.
Adventure with me through the games I love!
I try to post all relevant mod information or game information in the first video description of every series as well on the off chance you are interested in trying out a similar setup.

**04-19-2010**

Active Games - Stalker:SoC, DF Fallout Mod, Arma 2

Updated with new playlist information.

======================

Dwarf Fortress: Fallout Chronicles I  - (Wasteland Soldiers for Hire)

Dwarf Fortress: Fallout Chronicles II  - (The Tower)

Dwarf Fortress Adventures:Spoiler (click to show/hide)A Series of Mistakes - By Boek Ritetombs
First video series.

Stukos on Tour - By Stukos Tourmonk
Second video series.

The Hero of Cowardice - By Riowrke Mortalcrafts
Third Video series.

Hippoman, Better Than You - By Lish Scaldhated
Fourth video series and a special one for Hippoman, feel his anger.
Hippoman in action, drawn by Hippoman.

Uddum Hammertuft Brotherhood of Adventure.
Fifth video series based on a group of adventurers trying to get home.

Minibites, A Collection of Short Sufferings
These are shorter stories, only one or two videos long more or less almost instant fails.
The Book of Blood - By ??
The entire Book of Blood, in order of authorship.
ARMA 2 - Guerrilla Warfare

IVAN - The Banana Revolution!

Sid Meier's Pirates! - Telkordai's Treasure

STALKER: Shadows of Chernobyl Complete 2009 - Sidorovich's Bitch

X3TC (on hold for a bit as I search for a setup I like) - An Empire On the Run

======================

Thank yous, explanations etc:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)-=old=-
Hello! I want to share with you all a little video project I made over the course of Monday night (though I've been trying to work up courage to attempt this for months now). It's something I've wanted to try (also to create something my friends might like to get them into DF) after listening to CaptnDuck and his Let's Play tutorial but I also wanted to mix it with a little bit more story telling and character development similar to Valcon and Kikoskia. After being completely addicted to Valcons Adventure mode romps it finally gave me the push I needed to do something.

The sub-zero weather outside had "nothing" to do with all of my bored free time either...*cough*

Learning how to play the game and master it is one thing but I want to open up some of the imagination that tends to be lost once we learn all of the game mechanics. For me at least there comes a point where the imagination is gone and all that remains is an internal clock, a simple time trial of pass or fail that is hard to break out of.

I'll be the first to admit that I am not the most outgoing personality(s), I have an extremely dry sense of humor, and listening to my voice can be a lot like listening to Ben Stein with a nose cold.

I can't promise you'll like them (though I hope you do) or that they won't be a waste of your time (you've been warned) but they are there regardless and hopefully some one will find them enjoyable :)

My warnings:Spoiler (click to show/hide)And now let me be the first to critic and respond to said criticism to let you know a few things before / after watching (thank you if you've made it this far). If it annoyed me at one point I tried to mention it below.

1. I am sorry about some of the sound and how loud / annoying it was. I recorded almost all of these in one evening then have been going through and editing them into order. On some I've been able to mask a few of the annoyances, on others I haven't. Any videos I do in the future will have much better audio. I will be doing more videos for a while provided the community doesn't think I'm bringing harm upon the Bay12 / Dwarf Fortress name. If it is that awful I will pull the plug!

2. Yes there are long segments of nothing but walking and talking with NPCs. That's probably how most of my videos will be unless I am playing a race / world that has been covered in-depth already. I think it is nice to be able to go back through past videos and find references to people and civs that we've bumped into or dealt with. I also like knowing as much about the world as possible as I am a fantasy junkie.

3. After watching many of my own videos I'm pretty sure I have a speech problem, oh well that's what I've been dealt.

I'll take any criticism on what I can improve or change to make it more interesting or less annoying if you think it's possible. I also completely understand that I may be so awful there is no hope for me which, I will accept as a valid answer too. My goal from all of this is hopefully to see more people creating things like this (where is the DF version of James Cameron?!), bringing some of the greatness that DF (and other games now) has to life.

Horseplank:
Watching your first video; will give feedback shortly

Edit: So far so good, the beginning was hilarious... magma man meat... the RNG hath no mercy today!

Anyways, I think it's good, my only point of criticism would be to be more entertaining. It's mundane watching a roguelike in the first place, seeing as a primarily a game based in the player's imagination.

Always good to have another LP. I'm particularly interested in this Mega Mix mod, looks bizarre.

XSI:
Also watching, you have a very full world, I just hope there's enough megabeasts to kill for you.

I'll go watch some more.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)I like how you burst into fire within 10 steps of getting control

Just got done with video 6, is there anything in that world that isn't horribly powerful?

valcon:
Awesome, checking them out! 

First one was really funny too, and this mod looks frickin awesome. 

I'll link to this one in my channel and the next vids I upload so the people who aren't from B12 can find it! 

Horseplank:
I am curious about your set-up, by the way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version