Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Someone remind me...  (Read 1626 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Someone remind me...
« on: January 13, 2010, 03:46:29 pm »

If you break into some place(say one of the factories), steal/break stuff, and leave before the conservatives become Alarmed(they might be Suspicious, though), does it still show up in newspapers? What about alerting the CCS? It's been a while since I played(Back in 4.00), and I'm still in the recruiting/skilling stage. I've recruited two tailors so far, since even though it doesn't pay as much as it used to I can still make a decent, legal profit off making clothes. Working on recruiting authors and programmers now, and I'm trying to figure out something to do during the day to skill up without activating the CCS.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Someone remind me...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 03:59:02 pm »

If the conservatives aren't alarmed, there shouldn't be a newspaper piece.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 04:23:05 pm »

I think you can still make the news, but it depends on what you did. Smashing stuff and spraying graffiti have more political connotations and should make the news whether you cause an alarm or not; breaking in and stealing stuff won't, unless you shoot someone on the way out or something.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 07:44:50 pm »

Alright. Running in an stealing stuff is safe. Destroying equipment isn't.

Still in the recruiting phase though. I forgot how annoying it is to try and find good recruits. I have the hacker/writer, just need to find 3 other guys with decent dodge/disguise to join the squad... but I can't find (m)any.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 10:14:31 pm »

Those are fairly rare skills, and you may find it easier to just focus on their stats and then work on gaining those skills through practice -- some combination of charisma, agility, and intelligence seems to fit the type of character you're going for.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 10:53:27 pm »

Except if I recruit somebody with no disguise, the first conservative to see me gets suspicious. So there is no way to train it.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 11:42:12 pm »

Getting spotted by the LCS personal trainer gentleman's club bouncer, isn't a crime in and of itself, so you can't get in the news that way.  Also getting spotted by conservatives at the crack house or apartments wont be newsworthy if you don't break any laws while there.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 12:59:42 am »

You can train disguise even if conservatives see through your disguise. After all, making mistakes is the best way to learn.