Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Yet Another Warhammer Dwarf Fortress Mod - v0.1 RELEASED!  (Read 9281 times)

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
Yet Another Warhammer Dwarf Fortress Mod - v0.1 RELEASED!
« on: January 16, 2010, 09:12:59 am »

Presenting...

YET ANOTHER WARHAMMER DWARF FORTRESS MOD

v.01

This mod aims to be a definitive mod of Dwarf Fortress, inserting every official Warhammer race and other useful things into the game, including many weapons, metals, crafts, behaviours and several new civs.

This is its beta - the only changes so far are renamed creatures, personality tweaks and some minor edits to a few creatures' behaviour and areas.

--Link-- (comes packaged with 40d, for your installing pleasure)

Future Plans

- Make civs (preferably playable civs at that) for every major civilisation in the Warhammer world.
- Add orcs. Of the green and stupid kind.
- Flesh out the Dwarves' unit selections - I want a Gyrocopter dammit! >:(
- Remove any unimportant creatures and replace them with Warhammer equivalents. Purring maggots and knuckle worms are not grimdark enough, thank you.
- And much, much, more! :P

Feel free to suggest anything suitable to put in. Since all the current creatures are modded off old ones, this mod IS tileset compatible. Sort of. As tileset-compatible as any most mods can be, really.

Enjoy!

ungulateman

README:
v0.1a
-Griffons are now creatures.
-Fixed HFS bugs. Strand extracting is now uselss, but that was always the case. ::)
-Dwarves now have different weapons and toys / instruments.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 09:46:53 pm by ungulateman »
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Yet Another Warhammer Dwarf Fortress Mod - v0.1 RELEASED!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 11:15:30 am »

Well if it's Warhammer shouldn't you be calling them Orks?

Also are you going to attempt to implement the vampire lords and slaan etc too?

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 02:35:08 am »

In Warhammer Fantasy they're referred to as Orcs most of the time.

Yes, I will eventually add cool things like the vampires and Slaan, etc.

NOTE: I've altered the name of clownite, but not raw clownite. So you can just change raw clownite into "raw gromril" in the matgloss_stone if you want.

Also, gromril doesn't use wafers, so I'll be adding a proper smelting reaction in the next release, which should be soon. No promises, though.

EDIT: Fixed. I'll put it into the next release, once I do a bit more work on it.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 06:02:33 am by ungulateman »
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 09:50:19 am »

DL link is broken, you can guess it right now, but better fix it for more comfort :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 09:52:19 am »

Looks interesting, DL'ing

EDIT: Yes your DL link needs a bit of cleaning up.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 09:31:54 pm »

...huh. I'll upload the next version (not quite done, but stable) and edit the first post.

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 01:12:12 am »

Have pet-creatures that are called gyrocopters, so you can use them as war dogs? Might work for you.
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 01:25:15 am »

Now, that would work...however, because a new version will be coming out fairly soon, I plan to keep this version to easily changed-over modification for now.

So, consider it for the future. Along with artillery, if we get custom siege weapons.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 07:09:37 pm »

the right link
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1786
if you have no complaint then i will try and add some chaos civs.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 08:02:01 pm »

Sure, just be aware I have power of veto over this sort of stuff, being the creator and all. ;)

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 05:04:05 am »

Got rushed by the empire. I guess thats what you get for proclaiming your self the Chaos dwarf race, building a fort on a human road and pilfering every caravan that comes your way.

Next up, those pesky pointy ears.

Loving this mod. Whats your next move going to be?
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 12:54:55 pm »

If you plan to keep this updated when the big release rolls around, send me a PM - I'm working on a skaven mod, including warpstone and whatnot.
Also known as Zuhayr.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 02:41:20 pm »

Cool stuff - I was just going to chop the ratmen and make them a civ to represent the skaven, so I'm quite happy to have you help / me help you (lol grammar?). I'm going to be busy for a while, so I may not do another update for a few days.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 08:43:50 pm »

Random progress update!

I've created a Slaan Mage-priest, and I'm planning on putting in a Lizardmen civ fairly soon. I may be a while.

Also, bump.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2010, 08:49:10 am »

More bump!

The Lizardmen and Skaven civs are done - however, I'm leaving out the Slaan as I prefer them as "hiding in the background", and the thing about multi-creature civs? You end up with seperate civs for each instead.

Fixing a few bugs with Slaan using human town setups and looking like dwarves.
Pages: [1] 2