Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

World of everlasting "Fun"

(1/2) > >>

Yaddy1:
I would like to have a world that is fun to play for a very long time without it getting boring due to everyone interesting being dead. I would not like to use mods. Any ideas for the perfect settings?

Lumbajak:
This all goes to personal preference, and it's rare for a single fortress to last forever as you'll probably get bored of it sooner or later.

If you want to start a megaproject then all that matters are the materials you need for it.

And if you want every single material, look up Dwarf Heaven.

Skorpion:
Redefine your idea of fun.

Otherwise, dwarf fortress gets hard to have 'Fun' after the first few years. Monsters die off, your military gets capable and experienced, resources build up, and migrants make things run smoother and faster.

I suggest self-imposed challenges, such as not having a designated barracks. No sparring means training the hard way, or attracting military migrants.

Loyal:
You could try participating in a community/succession game. The game's always a little more exciting when you see what others have left you to work with, or operate with the input of others.

ed boy:
with some modding you can do it - every year, increase the size and damblock of the goblins by 1.

Give elves firebreath and flying and start a war with them.

Every year, increase the damage of the weapons which invaders will use but not your dwarves (such as whips)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version