Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Controllable Item Slots

(1/1)

Markavian:
Controllable Item Slots for dwarves - the ability to assign specific weapons, armor, crafts, to a specific dwarf using something like the 'cage' interface, such that specific swords could be given to a dwarf instead of them finding their own in some unspecified way.I did a search through the cores and bloats and found no suggestion. It is unclear which weapon or item of armor will be picked up by trainees, and it seems pointless that I can't tell recruits to use wooden swords to train with (the ones that I bought off the elves). I would also like to satisfy needs/wants such as 'likes obsidian and rings' by donating craft items to specific dwarves. An additional option/switch would be required 'Pickup equipment automatically [Y/N]' to preserve the current action.Benefits include: assigning red dye uniforms to all the recruits, and blue for the commanders; deliberately dressing the peasants in el-cheapo faded clothing, and giving the hammerer a wooden mallet in order to dish pain and justice out to the community.

Kyselina:
Yes if Toady can do it.

Armok:
Seconded.

gurra_geban:
gr8 ideas

Solara:
This, definitely this.Now if only 'health care' was a trainable skill that sped up healing, and there was a way to make dwarves understand that barracks created with beds were for sleeping in and barracks made with weapon stands were for sparring, I think I would finally stop being so frustrated with the military in general...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version