Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Disapearing gobbo's?  (Read 1184 times)

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
Disapearing gobbo's?
« on: December 06, 2007, 04:10:00 pm »

So i start on a goblin tower, then rewal there doors so they cant get out, kill the stragglers outside then proceed to train an army and 1 by 1 open the towers and wipe em out.  Sounds good but into the second tower all my dwarves got slaughtered and the fort is declared abandoned. Now on the reclaim all the goblins have up and left??

What gives?

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Metal Chao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Disapearing gobbo's?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 04:56:00 pm »

All the Dwarf corpses rotted and smelled so they left.

If you'd given your Dwarves soap, or stuffed their pockets with scented herbs, they'd still be there.

Trust me on this.

Wanderer No. 7

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 05:40:00 pm »

Aww, man, I have had an experience with disappearing goblins myself as well.  In my case, though, I think I managed to isolate the bug to a cage trap.  Except that by "bug" I mean "hydra", and by "disappearing" I mean "converted to bits of gore, strewn all over the place".  I was looking forward to experimenting some more with their towers.  Collapsing them wasn't as fun as I would have hoped, and I didn't get a chance to try anything with screw pumps.

Seriously though, that sounds like a bug with reclaiming and other fortress residents.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 11:51:00 am »

I duplicated it again so it is it seems.
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 12:27:00 pm »

I've had to happen, too. Strangely, it doesn't appear to happen consistently, as one other time is didn't actually happen, and I had 3 squads of military dwarves fighting their way through the towers.
Apparently they somehow managed to land on the roof. Didn't know dwarves had helicopters...

RedWick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 01:24:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Tahin:
<STRONG>Apparently they somehow managed to land on the roof. Didn't know dwarves had helicopters...</STRONG>

They call 'em Zepplins.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 02:43:00 pm »

How the hell did they leave tho the doors were walled shut, they must have jumped to their deaths.

Metal Chao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 03:46:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by berent:
<STRONG>How the hell did they leave tho the doors were walled shut, they must have jumped to their deaths.</STRONG>

They selectively bred beak dogs until they evolved wings, then rode their flying dogs off into the sunset.

grelphy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 07:09:00 pm »

I like the sarcastic explanations, but this is actually a "feature"-- for some reason, goblins abandon any fort which is touched by dwarven hands (or feet, or blood, or whatever). Even if they defeat all of the dwarves (which happened to me; hooray for spawning on the roof!), they do a mass abandonment.

Sorry.

If I had to guess why, it's probably because the game for some reason doesn't save all of the gobbos and when you reclaim, the area is a dwarven fortress. Easy pre-built aboveground fortress, plus random free equipment if you start, abandon and reclaim.

Given the general shape of coins and what most people seem to find the minted variety useful for: "Rounds".