Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Specific Stone for Mason Tasks

(1/1)

Markavian:
Can you add back in the ability to craft specific items out of stones found in the mountain? This was handled by 'set allowable stone type' in the old DF. The alternative is the metal-craft screen which displays allowable materials followed by allowable craft types. Example options:
Masons Workshop: Set default material
Masons Workshop: Set material preferences (allowed/disallowed) (per workshop)
Masons Workshop: Add task > Select material > Select item type
Its frustrating that I can't use interesting rocks such as realgar or omnipitent for making specific items of furniture without forbidding every other item on the map, or some such craziness. This is another area where I feel I needlessly lose control over the game.[ January 28, 2008: Message edited by: Markavian ]

Sean Mirrsen:
There's the manual stone selection hack...And then there are the usual custom stockpiles next to workshops.But yeah, we need some better way to make something out of a specific stone, while keeping the option of just telling "go make stone mugs". It frustrates me to no end, when an example of a complete-control system, the Jeweler's shop, does not allow to simply say "cut any available gems" or "encrust furniture with any available gem".

Squeegy:
Been suggested, many times.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version