Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Other Civs noticing/not noticing your fortress?  (Read 2248 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Other Civs noticing/not noticing your fortress?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 08:04:57 pm »

too much Scoot

How about adventurers and wandering bandits(Could merely be a party of adventurers) acting similar to the scouts.

Adventurers/bandits could wander in (stealth may not be necessary), and if they find your fort, trade, fool around, possibly steal something or kill someone, and leave, or decide to settle, as squatters (suggested elsewhere on the forums) maybe allowing them to build a hovel for themselves and farm/hunt. All that would be dependent on the relationship of their civilization to yours, and would affect that relationship in a minor way.
If they chose to leave, they may return to do further business, this would be an opportunity to allow the player to go on the offensive and ask/pay them to attack your enemies/be kind to your friends. They'll spread the word about you to any civs they're in good relation with over some time period.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 [2]