Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I can't use any stone. Problem solved itself?  (Read 1255 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
I can't use any stone. Problem solved itself?
« on: January 18, 2010, 01:26:10 pm »

So, I can't use any stone. I tried enabling every stone from the status menu, but none of them shows up in the building material selection menu.

I'm using the version of the Utter And Newby DF tutorial, and I generated a new world with the pre-made thingy...
Edit:Now I suddenly Can use all stones again. Can anyone explain this?

E2:Ah, well locking this now.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 12:42:51 pm by Ottofar »

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I can't use any stone. Help?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 01:45:45 pm »

Do you have any stone?
Is the stone forbidden for some reason?
Can your dwarves reach the stone?
Is it already tasked for something else (dumping, craftsmaking, masonry...)?

That's all  I can think of. And this thread should be in the DF Gameplay Questions sub-forum. If you've already made a thread there, just wait. It can take a while before somebody answers your question, but they will do it. You can relocate (or at least lock) this thread yourself. Don't ask me how, but I believe it should be obvious when you (the OP) are in the thread.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: I can't use any stone. Problem solved itself?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 04:51:04 pm »

I would guess the spot where you were building stuff at didn't have access to the stone yet...where you building towers or bridges or some such?  I've had that happen when I'm not paying attention and try to build a tower floor that doesn't have access yet.

KG

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I can't use any stone. Problem solved itself?
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 09:35:09 am »

The version that guide has as a download is Mayday's. For some reason, virtually every stone in Mayday's version is labeled as economic by default.

Go to the stocks menu (z), select Stones, and mark all the stones you want to use as not being economic.