Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Suggestion and Opinions for next intermediate goal: dwar

(1/4) > >>

isitanos:
The dev pages state that the next big goal is to have armies working (go read'em if you want to contribute more significantly to this discussion).However there are many intermediate goals that need to be tackled on the way there, and the question is: which will come fist? I for one, would like to make a strong suggestion for that next one, and to gather your collective opinion: Dwarf Fortress is an awesome game with an even greater potential, no doubt on that. But currently it is really driving me crazy with the suicidal stupidity of dwarves, and I don't think I'm the only one suffering from that.So the question is open: what framework do we need to ensure the safety of our dwarves? My ideas:I would like to define safety zones which dwarves don't leave without explicit orders, and/or danger zones which won't generate jobs (such as pick up item or web) without you specifically flagging the item.Also, a dwarf tracking mode would be imho a priority, so we can follow them around more easily, and save them from themselves if they're heading toward a bloodthirsty ultra-fast giant bat.Lastly, we need the ability to get more detail on their job target and to zoom to it. So if even with a whole security system in place they still want to go pick up something dangerous, we can instantly locate the item and forbid it.We need to explore the whole topic thoroughly, so go ahead and post your safety ideas! If you'd rather propose another intermediate goal, please start your own thread.

Cajoes:
Hard hats.
Flotation devices.
Oven mittens.
Non-slip boots.
Fireproof aprons.
Elephant spray.Watchmen/sentry dwarves.
Alarm systems.
Canarys.
Safety rails.Safety consultant dwarf...But dwarven safety ultimately falls onto the player, no?

isitanos:
quote:Originally posted by Cajoes:
<STRONG>
Elephant spray.
But dwarven safety ultimately falls onto the player, no?</STRONG>  :D Precisely, I think the player needs more tools to achieve this dwarven safety. Elephant spray sounds useful, though!

Armok:
What exactly do you put in a elephant spray? Methane? Cyanide? Chlorine?  :confused:

Tahin:
Maybe it's not designed to repel elephants, but it in fact contains elephants in a convenient aerosol spray? Kind of like mace, but hurts a hell of a lot more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version