Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]

Author Topic: The Ark Project - Help Wanted  (Read 68143 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: The Ark Project - Help Wanted
« Reply #345 on: December 18, 2010, 02:26:56 am »

Bump!  In case anyone hasn't seen it yet, Rainseeker and Toady have put together the Animal Sponsorship Drive.  Donate and choose which animal you want to get included in the game!  It's not part of the Ark Project, but it's in a similar spirit.

Supersnes

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Woodcrafter Competant Leatherworker
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 11, 2011, 03:05:34 pm »

Hey not sure if this is still active or has just moved onto differnet thread but anyway.  I'm interested in helping.  Is there anything that I can help generate either art or try my hand at writing raws.   I will likely start with venemous snakes if no one else has started them.  Also if needed i can help generate a lot of prehistoric creatures, because im a paleo student and got acess to data and can get up close with some specimens.
Personally, I like it because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
If murdering parents in front of their kids in the most gruesome manner possible is too much for you, you have not played Dwarf Fortress
You should be drowning babies by now, human.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 12, 2011, 02:36:02 am »

Unfortunately now that I found out that the Template creatures need to be made manually... it means that this entire project would need double the entries.

Supersnes

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Woodcrafter Competant Leatherworker
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 14, 2011, 04:45:24 pm »

I probably missed it when skimming over the older posts but is there a location where everyone who has been working on the project has put their stuff whether it be completed or partial.
Personally, I like it because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
If murdering parents in front of their kids in the most gruesome manner possible is too much for you, you have not played Dwarf Fortress
You should be drowning babies by now, human.

Ulmo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 12, 2013, 04:21:36 pm »

Noticed that conger eels are down as freshwater fish.  They should be saltwater as far as I am aware.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 12, 2013, 07:11:31 pm »

2-year necro...

MODcrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 16, 2013, 11:48:13 am »

Do you want to provoke somebody?
Or to get attention on... MODDING creatures in again?
If the second thing is the case, I would be glad to revive this thread and the project, but only when the new version has come out. I do NOT plan on doing something for a soon outdated version.

edited in:

Oh sorry Putnam, I initially thought YOU were necroing the topic ... anyways, doesn't matter, forget what I said. I will probalby start my OWN Creature thread.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 11:50:31 am by MODcrazy »

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 30, 2017, 07:17:41 pm »

(Call me Mr Necromancer!)

If I haven't said so before, I just want to mention that you're welcome to use anything you want from my Multitudinous Vermin postings, on the Forum, for the Ark Project. I think there's a few couple thousand different Vermin-type animals on there, and some others as well.
I'm not sure how many... Lots! They're not finished, but a lot of the set-up work has already been accomplished.

For they would be your masters.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 30, 2017, 10:11:11 pm »

3-year necro...

And also, I think you can treat a project that hasn't had any productive posting in 5 years to be dead.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 02, 2017, 02:06:40 am »

I might just have to Frankenstein it, then. There's plenty of good information here that can be recycled...

Apparently, there were technical issues that caused work on it to be halted, "temporarily", while the game itself was being updated. Between then and now, lack of anything to work on, or to actively support; caused the project to wither on the vine.

Does anyone happen to know if those original problems were ever addressed, whatever they were?

As far as necroing goes, although it can be annoying when people dredge up old forgotten arguments that have no real bearing on current events; it's not always a universally-terrible practice, and it can actually have a lot of benefits.

In part, it helps keep these boards from becoming ever more cluttered, while preserving still-pertinent comments and perspectives. In the case of mods, of course, it keeps intact all the time, hard work, and creativity that have been put into such a project. Particularly, such an enormous and potentially-useful
resource as this mod is. It would be a shame to just waste it...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 08, 2017, 06:15:58 pm »

I'm pretty sure what caused it to die was the actual inclusion of a crapton of new creatures due to the sponsorship drive.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 12, 2017, 10:10:03 am »

Oh yeah...I think you're probably right, Putnam.

Well, in a way that's good, because we still ended up with lots of new animals.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]