Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24

Author Topic: Post Your Stonesense Screenshots  (Read 204892 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Post Your Stonesense Screenshots
« Reply #315 on: April 16, 2012, 10:12:27 am »

...whoa...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 16, 2012, 11:02:27 pm »

Best use of precious Blue metal i've seen for a long time.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 17, 2012, 01:03:10 am »

Tis unfinished by a long, long shot and I can't even do Justice to it as I intend to at the moment, but one day....

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=107552.msg3200677#msg3200677
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 17, 2012, 06:32:31 am »

From the old SS thread, a cave-in in progress:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

Alidus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 21, 2012, 04:14:55 pm »

Working on a new fort since my other one ended up with the nemesis bug. Making backups this time...

Year 3 is nearing its end and I haven't gotten as much done outside as I would like because goblins and kobolds seem super active this time around.

Here's the entrance, there will eventually be towers where the fortifications are. A pretty large area is walled in but most of it isn't interesting so I just took a close picture of the entrance fortification. That depot will be moved eventually.

This will be one of the main areas, I've got a mist generator set up in the middle of the dining hall.

Not much else interesting, yet.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 15, 2012, 11:45:48 pm »

Just a random question...

How do you increase the size of the stonesense viewport?  It is always waaaaaaay too small to show my fortress.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 15, 2012, 11:48:03 pm »

The window itself is resizable with the mouse, but the area that's read from DF has to be changed in stonesense/init.txt

Keep in mind that the bigger it is, the more memory is used, and the more it will slow down DF.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 16, 2012, 04:12:50 am »

I was having the same problem, i hope this helps: 
I finally found what i needed, changing the init settings allow for a much better view than what was offered as default, i'll just post a few images to show the difference.
In the stonesense folder inside init.ini change [WIDTH:800] and [HEIGHT:600] to mat.ch what your monitor can display, also i think making [SEGMENTSIZE_XY:64] slightly larger you'll get more Stuff loaded.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 16, 2012, 04:38:57 am »

width and height are just the window dimensions, and you can change those at any time. I generally just maximize the window.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 09, 2012, 07:01:20 pm »

This is from one model fort I use on the incredibly rare occasion I have any spare time. It's built for show primarily, though it does function pretty well overall. The idea is to have a cavernous dwarven city with several stone support pillars holding up the roof. Moreover, each super z level is 3 z levels high. The buildings are sort of free standing in a way and arranged into zones (parcels really).

Here we have a greater dwarven house; future occupant: one mayor. Notice the "yard" area containing several stone pillars to hold up the ceiling 3 z levels up. There is also a z level of stone walls with two points of entrance/exit, which gives it a feel of having a walled in yard.  There's also a balcony on the third floor, which will later be a bedroom. Second floor is going to be a dining room, first floor will be an office/throne room/court. (Notice the 1st floor entryway). You may also see the ramps acting as a rampway between levels. Furniture hasn't really been placed yet, but I think it's a nice example. The exploded view below shows the individual floorplans for each level.

This is a more common Dwarven house and several dwarves may live here (there's certainly space for several bedrooms. A house dining room and I suppose "living room" like office are also possible. The central room and its ramps provide access and common areas to the three different levels. Without furniture, the space can be very flexible.

Overall, I'm still designing a whole slew of dwarven houses across several levels currently. Looking for innovative and fun housing designs and arrangements. Will post full pics of a finished product at some point. Though admittedly, my life is sorta nuts at the moment.

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 10, 2012, 10:00:07 pm »

Y'all are setting the bar high when it comes to architectural standards. I'm sorry, my fort is nowhere near as showy, but... someday...

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 11, 2012, 09:41:40 am »

I only worry about the stuff on the surface looking good in Stonesense.

Fortressdeath

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 13, 2012, 12:04:31 pm »

Non standard Experimentation

So as you can see, I've just taken the sprites and added them in with simple editing in ways the game currently doesn't allow easily. I've created a little fireplace, a sofa, a counter area with drawers, and drawers set into the walls. Moreover, I've also placed several cabinets in closer proximity than would otherwise be allowed and changed their facing.

Certain problems are presented with sprites showing multiple facings (notice how the cabinets face to the lower right or lower left depending upon what wall they are on). The cabinets in this shot are also not centered in the tile, but are right up against the wall.

Also the non standard sprites such as the sofa and fireplace are not easily represented, though I suppose they could be built as a custom building and perhaps have a sprite linked to that.

The other problem comes from the foreground walls, that is those walls on the bottom sides of a room. This is especially true when things like drawers built into walls are present, because even then, cutting down the walls or making them transparent/translucent wouldn't really do the trick. Though showing the room from at least two opposing angles would. (rotating camera angle 180 degrees and taking a separate shot). Also, the floor tiles right next to the foreground walls are blocked by the walls themselves, though again, that could be solved by cutting down walls or transparency.

Of course, all of this is purely ornamental, but then so is much of the game in many ways.

This is just an idle exercise right now. I could easily see a coffee table in front of that little sofa. Chairs as well, and other equivalents of a living room. Basically you could decorate the place and make each room something cool. Heavy cloth banners on the wall with the fort's insignia or crest, small shelves displaying little trophies, or outright cases for trophies, etc,etc,etc. Beer Kegs, mug storage. Display cases. :P
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:23:44 pm by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 13, 2012, 12:53:27 pm »

Stonesense does drive me to build some elements of my fortresses with style:

Some of that stuff is totally needless and only exists because of how it would look in Stonesense.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:55:44 pm by orius »

Fortressdeath
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24