Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24

Author Topic: Post Your Stonesense Screenshots  (Read 205056 times)

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Post Your Stonesense Screenshots
« Reply #330 on: June 13, 2012, 03:12:19 pm »

I hadn't realized how great vertical bars looked until I saw several of these shots recently.  I'm going to have to incorporate those into my fortress design from now on.
At last, she is done.

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 13, 2012, 05:22:13 pm »

All these massive structures, I attempted to make a giant gold colossus once but hit the height limit, where is the control to change that?
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Quote from: God
Nietzsche is dead and I killed him
Quote from: Douglas Adams
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 13, 2012, 05:23:19 pm »

All these massive structures, I attempted to make a giant gold colossus once but hit the height limit, where is the control to change that?
Near as I can tell, that's during worldgen: "Z-Levels above ground".

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 26, 2012, 05:32:31 pm »

Here's some shots of a new fort design I've been working on:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 26, 2012, 05:40:29 pm »

*snip*

Whoa, that looks awesome! Rooms that span Z levels always look brilliant.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 10, 2012, 10:03:11 pm »

The yer 1080 in Silverywhite.  Took a reclaim and close to 28 years for my dwarves to get this far.  Still planning on quite a bit of stuff, but damn its hard to get anything done with invasions turned on, and migration switched off. 
The outer walls are constructed from native silver blocks, with marble blocks used elsewhere.  The fort was constructed on top of a small hill, with a 2-tile-wide trench dug around the perimiter.  This prevents invaders from hugging the walls and avoiding archery fire.  The trenches themselves are full of war dogs and connected to the surface through the courtyard.  That way any invaders are lured in through the front gates, where most of my defenses are set up. 

The surrounding biome is a good, wild, black sand desert, with the corner poking into a mountain biome.  Highwood, Feather Wood and Saguaro are all over the place, but it's very very unsafe to send dwarves out there to get them.  What has turned out to be most dangerous are kobold ambushes; they tend to bring archers more than any other attacker, which can critically wound my dorfs before anything can be done to stop them.  The reclaim itself was also very challenging, since my fort was full of ogres and goblins, not to mention an angry ghost which almost immediately tore the legs off what I had intended to be the expedition leader. 

The original cause for the first set of dwarves' death was an unlucky encounter with a band of kobold archers.  They had made their way into the courtyard, and a that time the curtain wall didn't cover the forward approach, so they sat there taking potshots at my dwarves.  There was a retreat to the underground, but two of the starting seven died, causing a couple tantrums.  I had used a webspitting forgotten beast to trap several others in cages, which had been placed as decoration in my main hall, and unfortunately one of the tantruming dwarves released a particularly nasty one.  This was around the time a sieging army of ogres and goblins showed up, several of whom were riding flying creatures. 

I've had two adventurers visit the fort while it was abandoned.  The position of the fort places it on an otherwise uninhabited stretch of land between two sets of civilizations, so it was a much-needed pit stop when attempting to travel between the two.  One adventurer, a dwarf necromancer, managed to sneak into the underground and raise the corpse of another FB, which in turn was used to clear out most of the fort's inhabitants, making the reclaim possible. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 09:13:50 am by Caldfir »
where is up?

TKGP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 19, 2012, 03:42:58 pm »

This thread is way too far off the front page. Here's something I just started working on:
Edit: apparently too large for embedding, so: Link
Quote from: tomio175
Quote from: Mrhappyface
Well if COD players all have ADHD, and Minecrafters autism, then what do DF players all have?
Cave adaption.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 21, 2012, 10:30:34 am »

Massive borehole?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

TKGP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 21, 2012, 03:10:19 pm »

Massive borehole?
Some day it will be a semi-sphere-shaped hole with some things in it, but progress is slow. Amazing how much fps drops when you've dug out ~80k tiles and have over 13k stones lying around.
Quote from: tomio175
Quote from: Mrhappyface
Well if COD players all have ADHD, and Minecrafters autism, then what do DF players all have?
Cave adaption.

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 16, 2013, 09:20:47 pm »

bump

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #340 on: June 09, 2013, 05:01:29 pm »

How do you make these gigantic screenshots?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 09, 2013, 08:08:15 pm »

CTRL+F5

For a gigantic-er screenshot, do CTRL+Shift+F5. Both require either a good videocard, or a zoomed-out view.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #342 on: June 10, 2013, 04:57:15 pm »

Ohyes

*EDIT
Fixed it better with Japadvice
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 05:54:23 pm by Loud Whispers »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 10, 2013, 05:11:59 pm »

For best results, you may want to press n to hide the names, h to show the rock layers, and o to fix some artifacts that can come if you have deep water.

Apani

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Architect, Novice Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 08, 2013, 04:18:27 am »

https://imgur.com/a/BjQZnOg
An album with my architecture attempts.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 09:47:46 pm by Apani »
Some of my old Stonesense albums, check them out!

https://imgur.com/a/BjQZnOg

https://imgur.com/a/FmNzHhh
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24