Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: [TES MOD] Dwemer fortress: The Elder Scrolls mod [0.97] .40d  (Read 47716 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [TES MOD] Dwemer fortress: The Elder Scrolls mod [0.97] .40d
« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2013, 03:58:05 am »

Nords and Imperials are two different races, as dissimilar as Dunmer and Altmer.

When considering combining the two, you might think of Hjalti Early-Beard. Hjalti, of course, was a Nord born in High Rock, not exactly the grand Shezzarine-From-Atmora-named-Talos-Stormcrown legend given by Imperial orthodoxy. He was Shezzarine, no doubt, achieved CHIM and even changed the entire landscape of Cyrodiil sometime after trapping Arctus/Wulfharth (one of the two) in the Mantella, but a Nord he was, even if the Imperials are named after him.

Or are they? In reality, Imperials (both in their native name, Cyrodiil, and in their common name, Imperial) are named after Reman Cyrodiil, the great warlord who was tearing out throats of enemy generals at the age of 12 and was once mentioned by name by Pelinal Whitestrake himself (hundreds of years before his birth; think Reman is John Connor and Pelinal is the Terminator, though the latter is actually pretty perfect1). Imperials have an entirely separate pantheon from Nords--they have Kynareth instead of Kyne, Akatosh instead of Alduin (though the line is a bit more solid than the Empire suggests, and the same is true for Auri-El, after the Marukhati Selectives' Dragon Break), and of course the Missing Shezzarr instead of the Hero-God of Men Shor.

Imperials are way different.

1Pretty perfect in that Pelinal and the Terminator (Arnie from 2, specifically) are both robots from the future sent back in time to save some woman;  "[And then] Kyne granted Perrif another symbol, a diamond soaked red with the blood of elves, [whose] facets could [un-sector and form] into a man whose every angle could cut her jailers and a name: PELIN-EL [which is] "The Star-Made Knight" [and he] was arrayed in armor [from the future time]." The difference here is that Pelinal is Shezarrine/Akatosh-related, giving him a bit of confusion (I.E he's completely insane)

Make sure time-traveling robots are involved in some way in the mod if you do work on it, btw. The time travel is optional..

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 22, 2013, 05:42:59 am »

Well since 1.0 of LOTR mod (actually 1.1) is now out, time to polish that with magic and turn into TES lore!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Thief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 22, 2013, 07:19:05 am »

LOL WUT? Oh i get this is the First era after/before the Ayelids...Were it after,the ayelids the Allesian order were here and their people were Cyro-Nords
Remind me never to leave you in charge of a fort that requires basic math to survive.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2013, 02:09:53 pm »

Indeed they were, but, again, that's about like saying the Velothi/Chimer/Dunmer are Altmer simply because they had golden skin at some point.

Thief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2013, 11:29:22 pm »

Dunmer were Chimer Dwemer hadgolden skin you must be meaning the Aldmer
Remind me never to leave you in charge of a fort that requires basic math to survive.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 23, 2013, 12:46:08 am »

Take a look at Almalexia. That's what a Chimer looked like. They had gold skin.

Thief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 07, 2014, 02:02:18 am »

I have a question...What happend to the Ayelids.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 07, 2014, 10:41:20 am »

Pelinal happened.

Aureolin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 07, 2014, 08:23:16 pm »

How well does this mod play with Adventure mode? (Curious about your LOTR mod too)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 07, 2014, 08:33:52 pm »

How well does this mod play with Adventure mode? (Curious about your LOTR mod too)

This mod is from the version before materials were added.

Aureolin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 07, 2014, 08:42:20 pm »

Ahhh just noticed the dates :P I figured the recent discussion meant that it had been updated recently. Thanks for the reply :)

Thief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 08, 2014, 03:43:03 am »

My laptop sucks.Anyway.....Why are their no Snow elves?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 08, 2014, 10:28:24 am »

In this or in general? In general, they're called Falmer. You see them a lot in Skyrim. The Nords nearly committed genocide on them and they went to the Dwemer to help. The Dwemer blinded and enslaved them.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]