Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Any good free games out there..?  (Read 2694 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any good free games out there..?
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 12:48:39 am »

If someone is going to make an all-in-one good free game post... they should add some sort of description to each post... probably own the 2-3rd posts too..  and be able/willing to update it....

Yes, someone do this. And then we ask Toady to sticky it. I'm not gonna do it, because I'm not the type to bother searching the whole thread for it :P

Anyway, here's what I found on abandonia yesterday.. Imperialism
I think you strategy buffs would like it. It's about owning a country, colonizing other nations, diplomatically or militarily. It's quite heavy on diplomacy and building an economy, and IMO, that's a good thing. You need a powerful economy to have a good military, need some good trading to build your economy, need good diplomacy to become favored trade partners (and always get your trades). Concept is simple to learn, but there's plenty of ways to do it. Oh, and the game has a great random map generator.

(Site is down, so I'll post link later)
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.
Pages: 1 [2]