Disagreeing, Fine
- 0 (0%)
Why you make a fuzz 'bout it?
- 3 (6.1%)
Lets just be happy
- 19 (38.8%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 66

Author Topic: My problem with modern games.  (Read 120192 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My problem with modern games.
« Reply #510 on: March 09, 2010, 04:20:42 pm »

Talking about the dumb generation...

So, some console tards (sorry) played COD6 on a PC today.
They complained that the controls were like so hard and you have to press multiple buttons at the same time.

OH MY FUCKING GOD.
WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE AVERAGE INTELLIGENT INDIVIDUAL?!

Arghh, I mean, their heads would explode by merely looking at something even somewhat sophisticated like Civilization!

What? Are you complaining that someone not used to PC controls was having a hard time using a keyboard? You know, some people just like to talk without actually thinking, so I think it's unfair that you'd take a small quote from someone, and then judge them based on it. I say dumb things all the time when I'm not thinking.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 09, 2010, 04:53:50 pm »

Video games are a secret club and the unwashed masses are too stupid to share in our glory.

It's true, though, going from a controller to a keyboard (or vice versa, or even going from one game to another.  When I first played COD5 after months of Gears of War, I was throwing grenades around and sprinting at walls like a retard) can be tough.  Being annoyed by the difference doesn't make them retarded simpletons that don't deserve to play paragons of depth and complexity like Civilization.  You just come off as elitist.
Shoes...

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 09, 2010, 05:11:54 pm »

Talking about the dumb generation...

So, some console tards (sorry) played COD6 on a PC today.
They complained that the controls were like so hard and you have to press multiple buttons at the same time.

OH MY FUCKING GOD.
WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE AVERAGE INTELLIGENT INDIVIDUAL?!

Arghh, I mean, their heads would explode by merely looking at something even somewhat sophisticated like Civilization!

As a dedicated strategy gamer I would probably have trouble playing games requiring me to press multiple buttons at the same time too if I chose to play something as shallow as an FPS.

The really deep stuff in the vein of Civ conversely requires minimal keyboard-related motor skills and more strategic thinking skills. They are not comparable.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 09, 2010, 05:23:42 pm »

Video games are a secret club and the unwashed masses are too stupid to share in our glory.

It's true, though, going from a controller to a keyboard (or vice versa, or even going from one game to another.  When I first played COD5 after months of Gears of War, I was throwing grenades around and sprinting at walls like a retard) can be tough.  Being annoyed by the difference doesn't make them retarded simpletons that don't deserve to play paragons of depth and complexity like Civilization.  You just come off as elitist.

Of course, to you, so does anyone else who complains about oversimplification.  Seriously Cthulhu, you're sounding like a broken record with your secret club crap.  Do you really have nothing worthwhile or new to add to the discussion?  Well no, obviously you do have something to add as you've just done, so why can't you add it without the pointless trolling?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 05:32:57 pm by Ioric Kittencuddler »
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 09, 2010, 05:46:41 pm »

Video games are a secret club and the unwashed masses are too stupid to share in our glory.[/sarcasm]

Of course, to you, so does anyone else who complains about oversimplification.  Seriously Cthulhu, you're sounding like a broken record with your secret club crap.  Do you really have nothing worthwhile or new to add to the discussion?  Well no, obviously you do have something to add as you've just done, so why can't you add it without the pointless trolling?
Edited to express his point better.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 09, 2010, 06:04:25 pm »

POST REMOVED:  I'm not going to retaliate, even though you too sound like a broken record.  I know where this will lead because I've seen it before.  It will lead to my being muted for three days for trolling*.

*Trolling:  Disagreeing with the prevailing line of thought in a thread
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 06:08:42 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 09, 2010, 09:17:58 pm »

Yep, and Episode 2 was clearly consolized.
What. It was exactly the same as hl2 and ep1.

:|
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 09, 2010, 09:33:19 pm »

POST REMOVED:  I'm not going to retaliate, even though you too sound like a broken record.  I know where this will lead because I've seen it before.  It will lead to my being muted for three days for trolling*.

*Trolling:  Disagreeing with the prevailing line of thought in a thread

Ok, maybe the definition of Trolling is a bit uncertain.  Let's just say you're making comments solely for the purpose of pissing people off.

Yep, and Episode 2 was clearly consolized.
What. It was exactly the same as hl2 and ep1.

:|

That is an entirely false statement.  They're different games in the same series.  Even if your intention was actually to say that EP2 is no more colsolized that HL2 or Ep1 there are several reasons why that's incorrect as well.  Ep2 first of all had several area with console style ridiculous bloom where you couldn't see anything because it was glaring so much.  They also color coded the enemies, giving combine with shotguns red markings for no apparent reason.  The final battle was the biggest thing though with the magic compass.  It was also supposed to have infantry but the consoles apparently couldn't handle that so they took them out of all versions.

And before anyone goes ballistic because they didn't read my previous statements I just said that EP2 is sort of consolized, not fully.  I'm not saying it's trying to be a Halo clone or whatever psychotic ideas whatever fanatic who's reading this might come up with, it's just taking steps in the wrong direction.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 09:35:38 pm by Ioric Kittencuddler »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 09, 2010, 10:00:41 pm »

I would like to see the source you got that from.

I thought trolling with trying to gain attention by being annoying/stupid. Disagreeing with everyone is a mind set.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 10, 2010, 01:58:27 am »

I would like to see the source you got that from.

I thought trolling with trying to gain attention by being annoying/stupid. Disagreeing with everyone is a mind set.

Disagreeing is fine, but saying stuff like "gaming is a secret club" when he clearly doesn't believe that is just what you said trolling is.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 10, 2010, 04:12:58 am »

As much as I dislike consolized games, I should point out that the console-game market is...what...four, or was it five times bigger than the computer game market?  Console games sell WAAAAY better than computer games.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 10, 2010, 04:38:01 am »

As much as I dislike consolized games, I should point out that the console-game market is...what...four, or was it five times bigger than the computer game market?  Console games sell WAAAAY better than computer games.

Yep, because consoles are simpler.  The main reason for the consoles' success is the main problem with them.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 10, 2010, 04:44:17 am »

Okay, cool.  But realize that we're all in a tiny, niche market, and nobody in their right minds would develop games for us for any reason except "I want to play them myself".  And of course, the old yarn of "PC gamers are smarter, more successful, and more willing to spend lots of money" is an outright fabrication because...well, just look at the sales figures.

It's sad, really, but what're you gonna do?
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 10, 2010, 04:51:26 am »

Well, "we", the secret club gamers, used to be the main market. We've been turned into a niche, and see the big money and big games go to the newcomers. Yeah, that sucks. But there's nothing to be done about it, except ignore it.

Making a new rule for myself: The more marketed a game is, the less I should play it. The problem is that that doesn't always hold true...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 10, 2010, 05:21:58 am »

Okay, cool.  But realize that we're all in a tiny, niche market, and nobody in their right minds would develop games for us for any reason except "I want to play them myself".  And of course, the old yarn of "PC gamers are smarter, more successful, and more willing to spend lots of money" is an outright fabrication because...well, just look at the sales figures.

It's sad, really, but what're you gonna do?

Um, you do realize that what you've just implied is that anyone who does something that doesn't have a large potential profit return is suffering from some form of mental illness right?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 05:26:16 am by Ioric Kittencuddler »

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 66