Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31

Author Topic: Realm of the Mad God  (Read 91648 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Realm of the Mad God
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 12:06:30 am »

Awesome game, a priestly duo is surprisingly efficient. Definitely going to spend time on this.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2010, 12:20:16 am »

Started an archer, reached level 3. Magic potion is a lot more common than healing potion (filled all my slots), and I have no use for them... T_T

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 01:12:07 am »

A couple of tips:

Fighters and knights have a shield and an armor slot, so they can go right up against weak monsters and expect to take no damage. They have horrible range, but that can be fixed by getting a mythril sword; which triples your attack range.

Anyone with a magic slot (Priests, Wizards, Paladins) can equip both attack and healing spells. Priests/Wizards can't wear armor, so their defense is crap. Obtaining a ring (or two) of defense/greater defense should be a priority.

Monsters do not spawn on beaches, but they can still shoot and be lured there.

Use your minimap to find other players. They're the green dots. Zoom out (-/+) to keep track of players that are farther away.

TRAVEL IN GROUPS.
1. If you hit the monster at least once and someone else kills it, you still get experience.
2. Every person with a heal spell improves your survivability massively.
3. Every bullet they take is a bullet you don't.
4. Heal spells affect everyone on the caster's screen, so spreading damage around makes their healing more cost-efficient.
5. If you do die, they can salvage your equipment and maybe even bring it back to you.
6. Unless you stay near the beaches, you're going to be swarmed on all sides.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 01:13:12 am »

Hi guys I was on your raid too. So awesome I decided to join the forum. I was Tellah for a while, then I came back as Ginormo.

Okay since your new you have to a initiation test:

Play dwarf fortress

Lose dwarf fortress

Do that and your one of us  :D

edit: I think you only have to be in the same screen to get exp for a monster getting killed

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2010, 01:21:58 am »

Blaze, you might want to edit the original post to mention which server to play on. Now that the thread has progressed, I see several people agreeing that they're all playign on Medusa, but when I first saw the thread and started playing, there were two or three B12ers on Beholder.

It would be best for us to all stay together.

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2010, 01:23:07 am »

we all just went on the first one, i forgot what its called

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2010, 01:40:18 am »

Apparently you can take your existing character to any server, so it's not such a problem after all.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2010, 02:35:28 am »

The game's default server choice is "First open", which just dumps you into the first server with an open slot. It usually chooses Medusa, since it hasn't reached full capacity.

Oh, and be careful not to click "Delete" on the main menu, there's no confirmation.

I'm X the Paladin, I usually just stay in Medusa unless it gets too hectic.

Edit: Oh, and a few more control bits: "t" for autofire, n/m to mute sfx/bgm.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 04:44:20 am by Blaze »

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2010, 05:23:47 am »

Heh, Blaze :) I'm Stoners, currently a lvl 2 priest, after my lvl 7 archer died to a SLIME GOD. This is surprisingly fun, and I didn't need to find out about it 5 days before my greatest and most difficult exam. Eh, life is full of difficult choices - get a good mark, or slaughter pixelated boxes? Only the wisest of philosophers could make the right choice.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2010, 05:33:16 am »

Heh, this is a cool little game. 
My first character logged on as Niltria the Wizard and was killed about 2 seconds later by an "Undead Dwarf King"
Time to try again.
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2010, 08:04:48 am »

WTF... people made a death trap right at the spawn point. I went home (so don't have my level 3 archer cookie with me), and started three new characters, all killed before I can make a single move or run. >:(
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 08:07:24 am by kcwong »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2010, 08:45:57 am »

It's not intentional, new players tend to run backwards when attacked since they don't know about the strafing control scheme. Monsters tend to follow them back to the spawn, where they kill the newbie and hang around.

All you can do is keep trying, the game will eventually assign a different spawn point.

Also, AVOID THE SOUTHEASTERN PART OF THE MAP, seriously, it's like I was playing Touhou.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2010, 10:51:04 am »

Def gonna give this one a try...

Wild Shadow

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2010, 11:00:09 am »

Hi B12 folks!  We are the developers of Realm of the Mad God.  Thanks for playing!

Let me encourage you to post thoughts, suggestions, gripes, etc over at our TIGSource forum thread.  Also, if you like the game please vote for us in the Assemblee competition.

Thanks for all the playtesting help!
Rob & Alex, Wild Shadow Studios

Tellah

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2010, 11:09:36 am »

Hi guys I was on your raid too. So awesome I decided to join the forum. I was Tellah for a while, then I came back as Ginormo.

Okay since your new you have to a initiation test:

Play dwarf fortress

Lose dwarf fortress

Do that and your one of us  :D

edit: I think you only have to be in the same screen to get exp for a monster getting killed

I've always wanted to try dwarf fortress.

It's not intentional, new players tend to run backwards when attacked since they don't know about the strafing control scheme. Monsters tend to follow them back to the spawn, where they kill the newbie and hang around.

All you can do is keep trying, the game will eventually assign a different spawn point.

Also, AVOID THE SOUTHEASTERN PART OF THE MAP, seriously, it's like I was playing Touhou.

I remember the southeastern area from the raid last night. There were lots of gods. I can name a few.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31