Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What the...  (Read 2716 times)

RedWick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What the...
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2009, 07:33:27 am »

I always figured socks had some measure of telepathic control over the dwarves.  They bind with one particular dwarf, but if they drop to the ground, they send out a mental distress signal to the entire fortress.  This causes such agony, despair and pain in all dwarves that it becomes imperative to them that they go and rescue the sock.  Socks don't develop their telepathic powers until they bind themselves to a dwarf.  So unbound socks, such as those freshly created at a clothier or brought with a caravan, are telepathically inert.

Anyway, that's what I tell myself when I see them rushing out to gather dropped socks.

Mr_Bucket_Hat

• Bay Watcher
  • Celtic warrior Chicken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2009, 03:41:42 pm »

Thats probably why theres no such thing as a laundry: Everyone knows you lose the second sock.

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2009, 09:10:18 pm »

Socks are actually highly intelligent creatures that have evolved to have symbiotic relationships with dwarves.  Dwarves aren't running out to save their socks; socks are calling out for their own safety.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Desiderium

• Bay Watcher
  • [SELECT_SYMBOL:UNTOWARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2010, 05:58:42 pm »

You guys just made my day.

Edit: whoops, necro lol.

Urist McWounded has created a microcline bucket, on the bucket is an image of Urist, Urist is surrounded by the dwarves, Urist is wasting away, The dwarves are working, The bucket is empty.  On the bucket is an image of Urists third finger in dwarf bone.
Pages: 1 [2]