Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

What is your most recent mega construction?

(1/9) > >>

Cypress:
This thread is pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. I want to see what people are building!

For my part, I offer CraftedAbbey, the shine to Saint Urist. Not very mega, as far as mega constructions go, but it kept me busy for two in game years

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-7847-craftedabbey

SkyRender:
I've been stuck working on Towerscrape for a while now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not much progress has been made since this shot.  Green glass takes forever to build a tower out of, even with 30 to 40 glassmakers.

And here's why it takes forever: every floor is fully constructed.  This is not a hollow tower by any stretch of the imagination.

Cypress:

--- Quote from: SkyRender on January 25, 2010, 08:00:20 pm ---I've been stuck working on Towerscrape for a while now.

Not much progress has been made since this shot.  Green glass takes forever to build a tower out of, even with 30 to 40 glassmakers.

And here's why it takes forever: every floor is fully constructed.  This is not a hollow tower by any stretch of the imagination.

--- End quote ---
Jesus balls that's amazing. There really isn't that much to say beside 'wow'.
My question though, is what software are you using for the 3D? I've only got 3Dwarf, which doesn't render materials as visually distinct.

Untelligent:
Hard to say, as I tend to work on two or three at a time and exactly when I finish is kinda blurry.

I guess it would have to be the Hanging Jails of Dwarvylon, I can't remember doing anything in between them and my current project, the Tower of Nine Perils.

Nothing like trapping your criminals in tiny cages 70 stories above the ground to scare the **** out of them.

Dorfus:
On the right is the very beginning of my grandest dining hall. It may be hard to make out but the central column is completely hollow and the gold tipped towers are 2 of 6 to be build. The wall just behind them is as high as it will be. Towards the back on the left, the spikey tower is my living quarters.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version