Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

New underground features

(1/1)

Thanshin:
I have a question for those who've read all updates on the new features more carefully.

As I understand it, a base of the new underground features is that while digging we'll find, from time to time, inhabited, already dug, caves.

The question is: Will we see the entire cave as we breach the first tiny little hole? Or will some kind of fog of war be implemented.

Lav:
It has been mentioned that underground features will not become visible instantly and you will have to actually explore them. Though I'm not sure if it relates to Adventure or Fortress mode or both.

Thanshin:

--- Quote from: Lav on January 26, 2010, 04:23:13 am ---It has been mentioned that underground features will not become visible instantly and you will have to actually explore them. Though I'm not sure if it relates to Adventure or Fortress mode or both.

--- End quote ---

I hope it's both, as viewing them instantly kind of defeats the purpose of having a new danger source underground (you could just wall the entrance you just built and avoid the cave entirely).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version