Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Friendly Black-dragon Mega-beast  (Read 3033 times)

Lord_Shadow

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNDEAD]
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly Black-dragon Mega-beast
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 02:31:39 pm »

So does this feature allow for a megabeast to immigrant to your fortress.. I'm sorry but my fortress guard would love to have a Dragon as a squad member.
You can use Dwarf Companion to mod an arriving megabeast to become a member of your civilization, but Dwarf Fortress is a bit buggy with non-dwarf civ members.  I don't know if you can actually make them part of your military.

"Who's this new recruit I've been hearing about?"

"Oh, just another useless immigra-HOLY SHIT DON'T EAT ME!"

Dwarf military would be pointless... Legendary Shield User, Legendary Armor User, Legendary Wrestler, Legendary Hammer DRAGON!!!! Naturally you would kill half your fortress training him fire breath won't work well with other dwarves but hell.
Urist McCarpenter cancels rest: QUITSCREWINGWITHMAHBUCKETSYOUSONOFABITCHES!!!
Urist Mccarpenter has gone stark raving mad!
Urist McWalrusCarpenter cancels rest: Has u seen mah bukkit?!

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 11:56:14 am »

I don't have his corpse. I believe he set some of the goblins on fire and the fire bled over to his corpse as well. It makes me sad that I can't commemorate his death with a masterwork dragon soap pillar.

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2010, 01:17:53 pm »

So does this feature allow for a megabeast to immigrant to your fortress.. I'm sorry but my fortress guard would love to have a Dragon as a squad member.
You can use Dwarf Companion to mod an arriving megabeast to become a member of your civilization, but Dwarf Fortress is a bit buggy with non-dwarf civ members.  I don't know if you can actually make them part of your military.

You can. When you make them part of your civ, they'll just be considered a peasant (or maybe not, if they managed to gain skills in world gen) and you can go to them and activate them. You won't be able to assign any weapons or armor to them, though I don't think dragons have grasping appendages to pick them up with anyway.

You also can't assign them to squads (without a lot of other Dwarf Companion tinkering) and thus will be unable to order them to do anything. They have a tendency to follow your other military dwarves around though, so at the very least they might attack enemies.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 09:12:11 pm »

I bet he was all black except for his feet, which were white.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 09:22:26 pm »

It bled scales, smooth rubble and goo?

tastypaste

• Bay Watcher
  • "It's delicious!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 09:54:26 pm »

So the two guys he murdered were his own worshipers? Or did they worship a different Sox?
Denethor cancels stewardship:  Went Insane.
Denethor went berserk!

Holy Mittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2010, 02:41:25 am »

Goblin leaders often murder their own underlings. As a way of proving they shouldn't be fucked with.
Pages: 1 [2]