Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Age of Restoration II Discussion Thread - It's possibly near-death.  (Read 21573 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Restoration II Discussion Thread - Signups Open, 4 seconds needed.
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2010, 11:32:52 am »

Ah ha! Searching this thread for wheel, apparently you mentioned it in the Empire of Basilius writeup, which I haven't actually read (Online roleplaying has conditioned me to not read spoiler blocks not meant for me). I guess I have a research priority other than Construction for the granary now.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2010, 11:36:55 am »

I'll join in although I'm currently in a few other games too so I don't know what my activity levels will be like. (So if someone else wants in instead I'm cool with that).

I'm thinking Criptfeind's Theocracy of He'ldian sound fun if he's okay with that :)

Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2010, 11:39:47 am »

Oh, that'd be it. I just assume that people read other people's spoilers, but I'll avoid placing new information in spoilers in the future.

Global map information will sent via PMs, and tactical plans for combat will be sent to me in PMs. Whether you read what your opponents are doing in their cities shouldn't matter too much, aside from military forces. The spoilers are mostly to keep things organized.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Restoration II Discussion Thread - Signups Open, 3 seconds needed.
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2010, 12:13:47 pm »

I more or less knew that, having read the original AoR, but it doesn't really feel right to read a private spoiler in a game I'm in without a go-ahead. :)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2010, 03:41:10 pm »

I more or less knew that, having read the original AoR, but it doesn't really feel right to read a private spoiler in a game I'm in without a go-ahead. :)
Commendable. Consider this a go-ahead then.

Alright, I've finished with the starting conditions. Please review them, as this will be the only chance I give to request a change.

Spoiler: Neyvn's Tahark Horde (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 06:56:31 pm by Nirur Torir »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2010, 04:32:59 pm »

Still looks good. To confirm though, the fertility bonus works this way:

If I have 6 morale, population growth is increased from 5% to 7% (assuming AoR I numbers again). That is a nice mixture of bonus and liability. Should hit overcrowding quickly, and needs close monitoring of food levels.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2010, 05:13:00 pm »

*appears*

Sigh. I do miss my zefies. Best group of characters I ever made for them. And I was doing so good with them.  :'(

*vanishes again*
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2010, 06:49:33 pm »

Other then Mixing up the name of My Warcamp. I like...
Names:
General : Warleader Gaaroth
Explorer : Pathfinder _________

I will allow the second of the Tahark Masters to name the Pathfinder...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 07:21:41 pm by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2010, 07:10:11 pm »

Fixed. I'm going to give the other four 24 hours to confirm, then I'll get the game thread and rules up. I can start without every civ having two players.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2010, 07:21:23 pm »

Just a question so I understand how everything works...

My first turn could go like this correct;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 07:23:07 pm by Neyvn »
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2010, 07:41:39 pm »

Yes, that's good, and I was going to post a sample turn just before the link to the game thread, after everybody's here. I'll be making unit stats myself, based on armaments. No fast scouts yet, as you need to research it. (I realize it's unrealistic for them to go the same speed with weapons as without, so I'll probably have heavily equipped units use more then 100 population, for squires.)
You can use that last laborer to start building something (Or clothes-making), rather then having him idle. I feel it's slightly better if the players keep track of their resources, so they can point out if I make a mistake.

As Nevyn demonstrates, resources can be used the turn that they are harvested. Military units can also be trained to use weapons/armor that won't be finished until the end of the year. Buildings cannot be used unless they are finished when the turn starts.

Bah, another player without enough food. I think I'll just hand everybody a small granary with 5 food stored.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2010, 07:43:22 pm »

I'll write up the stats for my race TONIGHT, I promise.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2010, 07:55:01 pm »

I Just noticed...
I can't build Mines or Smelters to process Ore. But does that mean I can build a Smithy and use 'purchased' Iron Bars???

So just as a secondary question then, how does Units work? Is it like Age of Empires where everyone has the same units but they get special units if they are such a race and have special bonuses from said race???

PS: Killer mate, looks like you are too late, (See top of Page 2), if you want you and be my second. Just name the Pathfinder...

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2010, 08:09:24 pm »

Nah. I procrastinated, that's that.
Screw that. I'll join with a player, play in such a way that I manage to overthrow them, and destroy everyone. Or look stupid trying.
I'M IN.
Who can I ruin second for?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 08:25:01 pm by 100killer9 »
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2010, 08:28:53 pm »

Sorry, procrastination killed AoR I.

I Just noticed...
I can't build Mines or Smelters to process Ore. But does that mean I can build a Smithy and use 'purchased' Iron Bars???

So just as a secondary question then, how does Units work? Is it like Age of Empires where everyone has the same units but they get special units if they are such a race and have special bonuses from said race???
1) Hmm. I think I'll allow that, but give you a doubled labor cost for making sharp pointy metal things (Or anti-sharp pointy metal things).
2) It's a bit like Alpha Centauri. Everyone can train the same units with the same equipment, if they're not locked out by unique techs. If somebody decides to train a unit of swordsmen with the same equipment you use, they will appear to have the same stats, but yours will have a hidden 25% attack and defence bonus. It keeps me from having to stick .25s and such in.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18