Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 778 779 [780] 781 782 ... 987

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1546072 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! Play nice while I'm out being nice, okay?
« Reply #11685 on: February 20, 2015, 04:01:46 pm »

To those people who told me off for generalization: I'd like to note that the next thing I said was a question about specifics of the person implying that depending on the person and the circumstance, things could be different.  I know some very straightforward girls and very deceptive guys.
Sorry. I just dislike generalizations, especially gender ones, because over here they're rampant, almost everyone believes them, and many people are expected to or forced to act based on them, which isn't very nice.
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend.  I wasn't saying that was true of all girls, but frankly, when it comes to relationships, I'd say that what I said is actually true of most PEOPLE I've met.  I was mostly just quoting what someone else said.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #11686 on: February 20, 2015, 04:14:28 pm »

To those people who told me off for generalization: I'd like to note that the next thing I said was a question about specifics of the person implying that depending on the person and the circumstance, things could be different.  I know some very straightforward girls and very deceptive guys.
Sorry. I just dislike generalizations, especially gender ones, because over here they're rampant, almost everyone believes them, and many people are expected to or forced to act based on them, which isn't very nice.

Generalizations are inevitable. It's how our brains work, and how humans manage to do anything at all in new situations. Otherwise you'd have to ask every single person you met a slew of questions before you could properly react to anything they do. The problem, really, is the bolded part of your quote. No one should ever be expected to follow a generalization.

But, too many people tend to think that their view of reality should be the only one. Which causes a lot of problems, sadly.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11687 on: February 20, 2015, 06:47:11 pm »

Are we doing the generalizations thing again? Oh, oh, I wanna chip in!

I like generalizations. Not all of them, of course, but most.
They make thinking much easier for topics where a high level of precision is not truly necessary, such as common social behaviours and the like.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11688 on: February 21, 2015, 10:05:30 am »

I like generalizations. Not all of them, of course, but most.
I see what you did there!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #11689 on: February 21, 2015, 10:14:33 am »

Here I come, bro, to support you in all your deeds!
When were your photos taken, by the way? They look pretty similar to mine. And they're almost of the same place... We might have met!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Russia is more beautiful than I expected, that looks pretty neat!

Moscow isn't quite Russia, in the bad sense. It is mostly filled with vocal minorities, pro-governmental jackheads, morons of all sorts, barely literate office workers, illegal immigrants, greedy assholes, bandits, oligarchs, snobs and folks like that. There are also scientists, artisans, musicians and other fine folks, but it is still rather hard to run into one in Moscow City.
I don't like this place much.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 10:17:43 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11690 on: February 21, 2015, 01:43:42 pm »

Damn those minorities and their vocalizing!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11691 on: February 21, 2015, 01:55:11 pm »

You know how there are a group of people in every movement existing that shout out stupid things and make the whole movement look stupid despite its true nature? That's what I mean by vocal minorities.

I don't always get sarcasm :(
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11692 on: February 21, 2015, 01:58:53 pm »

Ah, those. Yeah, those I can get behind wanted to punch them in the gullet, so no sweat.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11693 on: February 21, 2015, 02:09:02 pm »

pro-governmental jackheads
And anti-governmental ones, in equal measure. They have fights sometimes.

But I think everything you mention happens to every city once it gets large enough. All those people make each other twitchy with their spacey-wacey mindfield projections. It's a natural consequence of being a hub of trade/work/political power.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11694 on: February 21, 2015, 02:14:59 pm »

pro-governmental jackheads
And anti-governmental ones, in equal measure. They have fights sometimes.
But I think everything you mention happens to every city once it gets large enough. All those people make each other twitchy with their spacey-wacey mindfield projections. It's a natural consequence of being a hub of trade/work/political power.

You're right. If I eventually find any work in my field of knowledge in Kaluga, I'm totally moving there, to my grandmother. Kaluga's nice. Kaluga's a town in central Russia, not that far from Moscow, but already a center of another subject of our federation, which is nice.
Sigs

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11695 on: February 21, 2015, 02:23:46 pm »

Russia is more beautiful than I expected, that looks pretty neat!

Moscow isn't quite Russia, in the bad sense. It is mostly filled with vocal minorities, pro-governmental jackheads, morons of all sorts, barely literate office workers, illegal immigrants, greedy assholes, bandits, oligarchs, snobs and folks like that. There are also scientists, artisans, musicians and other fine folks, but it is still rather hard to run into one in Moscow City.
I don't like this place much.

Obviously, you were born and raised there. Otherwise you'd have to avow that it's still better to live in Moscow or St. Petersburg than anywhee else. Perhaps it's kind of unhealthy but more comfortable and interesting. Morons are preferrable to alcoholics and it's nice to have an opportunity to see anything else but plants and soviet cubical buildings.
Plus, once you had the experience of being a Muscovite it's extremely hard to stop being in a hurry. The lifestyle becomes habitual incredibly fast. It's true: I came to Moscow quite recently (to study) and I already feel like in a Slowkingdom when I come back to Tula for a while. I mean, you can't escape anyway. And I almost don't want to. At least in winter or to some other city. Village, summer, may be. Do you truly feel different?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 04:08:47 pm by Bumblebee »

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11696 on: February 21, 2015, 02:27:12 pm »

It all turned into a huge discussion already, but I was typing it for too long not to post, sorry.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11697 on: February 21, 2015, 02:37:11 pm »

That's a strange city - those who live in for a long time either stay here forever or want to leave it for as long as they can, and all the others want to get in and try it. I think I heard that expression referring to something else, let me think...
Ah, here it is - drugs.

The point is, if I'm given an opportunity to work somewhere else in Russia, I'm going for it.
Sigs

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11698 on: February 21, 2015, 03:26:44 pm »

Eh, someone is in an elevated poetic mood today, right? Don't dramatize it, I can stop at any moment :P

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11699 on: February 21, 2015, 03:35:44 pm »

Keep sobering me up, I'm indeed born and raised in Moscow. I don't know much about everyday life in elongated periods in smaller towns. Correct me any time.
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 778 779 [780] 781 782 ... 987