Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 987

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1563416 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! "Insert witty tagline here for next few months"
« Reply #1905 on: September 13, 2010, 06:05:49 pm »

1.Braid them
2.Braid the end with a knife
3.Go to a metal concert
4.???
5.Profit !

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: September 13, 2010, 06:38:28 pm »

I don't get ringlets, I get wave.

And I haven't had short hair since I was...  Twelve?  Longest was 3/4 down the back, but I had to get a bit lopped off because the weight of the stuff dragged it straight and un-manly.  Shortest was to the shoulder.

In Vegas, it stays fairly manageable.  When I head out to slightly more humid climes like, say, coastal California, then I get what's referred to as a "halo".  I can almost hear the strands curling into that damned frizz...

I don't brush my hair particularly often.  Generally just for special events or when my hair demands it.  And then I'll make sure to do it half an hour or so before entering into public areas, because it turns into a freakin' lion's mane and I kid you not.  It stands straight out from my head for an inch or two and puffs up like a scared cat, swelling to about three times normal size.

I also find it interesting that ever since the thread title has been changed, nobody's mucked with it.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: September 13, 2010, 07:26:20 pm »

My hair is officially touching my shoulders.  It's kind of temperamental.  I've figured out if I wash it well (Using the massage setting), let it air dry for a half hour or so before I brush, it gets smooth, straight, and full.  Sometimes though, it doesn't want to cooperate and it looks like I don't know what shampoo is.
Shoes...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: September 13, 2010, 08:26:37 pm »

Shirley Temple style, but brown and wispy.

No, no my friends, I am keeping my long hair.  The people who tried to use my braid as reins were bad enough.  If someone tries to boing my curls, I might have to bite his hands off.

Vector, I'm sorry to be the one that has to tell you this...

but if your hair starts to drag along the ground, you may want to trim it, just a little.

like...

get rid of a few inches.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: September 13, 2010, 08:28:58 pm »

Haha.  No, it's nowhere near dragging--just mid-calf or so.  I'm hoping it gets all the way down to my ankles eventually.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: September 13, 2010, 08:30:25 pm »

Haha.  No, it's nowhere near dragging--just mid-calf or so.  I'm hoping it gets all the way down to my ankles eventually.
Holy cow, you must either have really thin hair or a really strong neck.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: September 13, 2010, 08:32:27 pm »

Holy cow, you must either have really thin hair or a really strong neck.

Both =/

My hair is irritatingly fine, and I have fairly developed neck/back muscles from both kendo and my stupidly heavy high school backpack.  It weighed something like 30 pounds and I used to sprint across campus with it on.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: September 13, 2010, 08:41:01 pm »

Oh, I know that.

I'm just saying that's the point where it has gone too long.

then again, you have a perfect beyonetta costume :P

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: September 13, 2010, 08:46:53 pm »

You shall never catch me in heels that large.

Nevar.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: September 13, 2010, 08:48:16 pm »

Even if they had guns in them? You could use it as an excuse to predict trajectories or some other math thing I couldn't hope to ever do.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: September 13, 2010, 08:50:05 pm »

Nah.

Guns go in your hands,
Heels remain glued to the ground.
Ass-kicking made easy.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: September 13, 2010, 08:51:54 pm »

I do plenty of ass kicking with no guns and no heels. I find both uncomfortable, thank you.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: September 13, 2010, 08:52:06 pm »

Even if they had guns in them? You could use it as an excuse to predict trajectories or some other math thing I couldn't hope to ever do.

Yeah, but, how the Hell would you walk?  Even without guns in the heels. 

My hair reached my waist at its longest.  It's now just over shoulder length, and I very much prefer it this way.  I don't have to tie it back at work, I can turn my head when sitting back in a chair, if I'm sitting in a desk it doesn't get all over stuff of the person behind me, I don't have to spend half an hour combing it out before showering or an hour to dry it, it doesn't get tangled around my face while I'm sleeping, and cops don't automatically assume I've got pot on my person.

But now it looks even more ridiculous than it did long, and I'm thinking of cutting it all down.  I need a proper style though.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: September 13, 2010, 08:54:46 pm »

I'm a bit envious of you people with hair that does something. I've always had heavy, oily, bone-straight hair that's too dark to be brown, but too light to be black. Every hair on my body is straight, with a slight curve; beard, arm-hair, everything. And I have my father to thank both for that, and the wealth of peculiar hair patterns I've got. I'm not posting pictures, but my body hair has a whorl to it like a darned Rodesian Ridgeback...

Spoiler: It's a breed of dog (click to show/hide)

Anyway, mine's getting long enough that it's in that uncomfortable limbo between long and short... and I need to decide what to do with it. Long hair makes the gradual progression towards baldness more obvious, and short hair accentuates the already thinned hair. Once more, I'm faced with a desire to buzz the whole thing off, and welcome my inevitable baldness with open scalp/arms.

P.S. I can vouch that heels are filled with nothing but pain, poor foot health, and shame. Of course, I might be a bit biased on the last one.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: September 13, 2010, 08:56:46 pm »

Open toed stacks can be quite comfortable, and they make your posterior look really good. The thing is, I'm used to being 5'1", and the new perspective was too weird to adjust to.

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 987