Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 987

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1563441 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! "Insert witty tagline here for next few months"
« Reply #1920 on: September 13, 2010, 09:01:29 pm »

P.S. I can vouch that heels are filled with nothing but pain, poor foot health, and shame. Of course, I might be a bit biased on the last one.

All of my boots have a medium heel on them, because I'm short and walk on my toes about that much naturally.  1 1/4" actually makes it a lot easier for me to walk than flats.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: September 13, 2010, 09:08:12 pm »

• I once saw a guy with dreads down to his ankles.  Real dreads.
  • I'm an advocate for buzzing off balding hair, or at least doing this with it.
  • As for peculiar hair patterns, my chest hair originally grew in a cruciform pattern (it's filled in a bit now).  Being an atheist, I found this hilarious.

I heard about someone who had a Ridgeback/Pitbull mix...  That thing must've been a doggy tank.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: September 13, 2010, 09:10:35 pm »

Oh, I meant those ridiculously high heels with the tiny points. I'm all about footwear that's comfortable to walk in, won't break or roll your ankle for you, and doesn't give you foot problems at 30.

I mostly wear flat hiking boots and flat sandals (or go barefoot), depending on the season. I like to feel the ground under my feet.

• I'm an advocate for buzzing off balding hair, or at least doing this with it.

My god, I love it. When I get to be a strange old man, I am doing something like that.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: September 13, 2010, 09:12:55 pm »

• As for peculiar hair patterns, my chest hair originally grew in a cruciform pattern (it's filled in a bit now).  Being an atheist, I found this hilarious.

Mine did the same thing for a while. Then, underbrush happened.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: September 13, 2010, 10:17:15 pm »

I have fairly developed neck/back muscles from both kendo and my stupidly heavy high school backpack.  It weighed something like 30 pounds and I used to sprint across campus with it on.
I know that feeling. I'm pretty used to carrying heavy things on my back now that I've spent an entire year ferrying three to four decent-sized textbooks back and forth from school.

As for footwear, because that seems to be the topic, this is the kind of shoe I wear. Not this specific one, but running shoes in general.
Spoiler: My god, a photo share! (click to show/hide)
It works out pretty well, actually. I get new running shoes to prevent injury every six months or so, and the old ones become extremely comfortable shoes for doing other stuff with. (Mowing lawns, walking, etc.) In addition, I'm always wearing shoes that I can run from a bear effectively in. The only exception is in the depths of winter, during which I wear boots because running shoes aren't very insulated.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: September 13, 2010, 10:24:45 pm »

I basically wear these, but cut to the calf, rather than the knee:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The leather is cracking and getting really thin, though, so I might have to get another pair at some point :'(  I got them at Goodwill, and don't know if I'll be able to find another pair of nice black boots that cheap in the current economy.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: September 13, 2010, 10:26:47 pm »

Ah, Goodwill. The best place to find nice things on the cheap.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: September 13, 2010, 10:56:14 pm »

They're pretty worn, but I love these shoes. They're some kind of fusion between sneaker and sandal, and I've had them since midway through high school. One of the straps recently fell apart, but I learned how to stitch leather, and fixed them.

Spoiler: My footwear of choice (click to show/hide)

They've seen a lot of places with me. I wore them to Hawaii (parents got their honeymoon, and we got a vacation with the grandparents), California (everyone thought we were nuts to go swimming on Christmas, but the water was still as warm as the Great Lakes ever get), while hiking the Pictured Rocks (a beautiful coastal rock formation made out of sandstone), and camping on the dunes at Pioneer Park (sand dunes, pine forests, and a huge freshwater lake).

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: September 14, 2010, 12:22:13 am »

I hate sandals for some reason, I don't really know why, they just feel uncomfortable.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: September 14, 2010, 12:45:10 am »

I mostly hate sandals because society dictates that I should.

My choice of footwear-

But I also have different shoes for pretty much everything.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: September 14, 2010, 04:05:47 am »

These are the boots I wear all the time-

I occasionally switch up with some nondescript brown running shoes I found in my closet, when my feet hurt.  Around the house, I wear my camouflage slippers.

I really want some Engineer boots, like these, but they're stupidly expensive-

And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: September 14, 2010, 04:26:59 am »

Now those boots look like some good Clunk right there.

I don't like wearing boots unless I can feel the weight when I run. That way you know your steel-caps are thick.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: September 14, 2010, 05:12:50 am »

I tend to wear my formal-shoes-cum-school-shoes-cum-everything-shoes. They're black leather slipons with a squared-off toe. I don't know why we're talking about our shoes, but I just want to be one of the cool kids, so I'm going along with it.

so lonely
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 05:16:31 am by Blargityblarg »
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: September 14, 2010, 12:44:26 pm »

I almost exclusively wear flip-flops, due to my uncommon foot shape, which I grew into after a childhood of wearing almost exclusively flip-flops.

...yes, the circle is known to me.  I don't think anyone really expected this to happen.

I have size 11 1/2 (US) feet that are 5E wide.  They're about twice as wide at the ball of my foot as they are at the heel, and my toes don't touch when they're relaxing, and they're also quite dexterous (I can actually "thread" my toes together like you do when clasping your hands, and I can do so without the aid of my fingers.  I frequently turn doorknobs with a foot when my hands are full, even the round ones).

Yes, I have alien flippers and I love them dearly.  Buying shoes, however, is an absolute pain.

Every shoe is either too snug in front, too loose in back, or far longer than anything I should actually be wearing.  The few pairs I have managed to scrounge out from the shoemountains are deeply guarded possessions.  I even have difficulty finding flip-flops that work, but they're naturally much easier due to the open design.

I've considered a couple times just saying "oh bugger this" to the whole shoe affair and just developing calluses from hell so I can become a really tall halfling.  I've even got the mat of curly hair on top of the foot.

I maintain that my feet are the "healthy" form of foot.  They haven't been squeezed into an unnatural shape through years and years of being shoved into shoes.  My little toe is free and clear of the toe next to it, damn it!  How many other people can make that claim?  FREEDOM!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: September 14, 2010, 12:55:10 pm »

11.5? Me, too! I used to wear these almost 24/7 (Yes, you read that right, I could sleep in these):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
No, I've never been in the army.

I still maintain that owning more than one pair of shoes is gay female.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 987