Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Custom made maps/God Mode/Scenarios  (Read 1070 times)

driftkid

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Custom made maps/God Mode/Scenarios
« on: May 16, 2008, 08:15:00 pm »

I'm fairly new so don't crucify me lol.  I know its still in development but I just think that it needs a couple of things to make it feel a little bit more like a game.

Being able to create the area where you embark.
This will probably sound like blasphemy but while watching the creation of a randomly generated world is extremely cool, at the moment you can't really interact with the world(I know the army arc will change this) and it serves more as a way of explaining the events that happen (more sieges from setting up near kobolts) and these things could be done by making a map and changing how frequently you get attacked.

God Mode.
Most sandbox games have cheats or something similar but being able to test things out quickly and without putting your real fort at risk would be fun/cool.   Being able to place buildings, insta create items/dwarfs or weird stuff like being able to freeze water on command or being able to send an army of enemies to you. Doing that you could find out if a defense is effective or a waste of time.

Scenarios.
Sim city style. "Here is a prebuilt fortress but it is under siege! To win you must find a way to kill all the enemies".