Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! All that work~!  (Read 2144 times)

SinisterMinisterX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! All that work~!
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2010, 03:12:58 pm »

The worst is when you lose a gift of the RNG ... I had an elven caravan finally bring me interesting animals (giant desert scorpion and some other high-value ones) and then the game crashed. Went back to the seasonal autosave, but the next time the elves only brought the usual wood toys and cloth.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2010, 03:34:26 pm »

In a recent, but previous to the current, version DF had troubles with my x64 OS. It worked fine. Played fine for hours and hours. Saved fine too.

...Until I came back the next morning after only a couple hours of sleep due to me having been up until 3am playing, and tried loading my game.

The save was corrupted  :-[ When the game saved, it saved a corrupted save.

I found out I could use comparability mode to prevent this, and the current version does not have this problem, but it really sucked.  :-\
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Kyronea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2010, 07:29:06 pm »

Only once or twice with Dwarf Fortress, but I have had this happen with other games as well as other projects, which often makes me angry enough to toss whatever it is aside for a few weeks.
I have a woodcutter walking around who cancels his jobs and passes out every once and a while because he lost 3 of his 8 lungs

Particleman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2010, 09:14:17 pm »

It's exactly things like that that made me get a travel alarm and keep it in front of my monitor. I set it to go off every hour or so when I'm playing. When it goes off, I save.
Pages: 1 [2]