Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Resource Request Thread  (Read 1003 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
The Resource Request Thread
« on: July 31, 2016, 07:00:28 am »

This is the thread where you can ask for resources for a creative project of yours. I'll start:

Does anyone have an image of the inside of the IJN Yamato's bridges? Better yet, a 3D model?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 03:09:30 am by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Resourse Request Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 10:04:46 am »

This is the thread where you can ask for resources for a creative project of yours. I'll start:

Does anyone have an image of the inside of the IJN Yamato's bridges? Better yet, a 3D model?

Wikipedia Commons seems to have some pictures from the Yamato Museum, including a recreated(to what accuracy, I dont know) bridge: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Collections_of_Yamato_Museum

The museum itself: http://www.yamato-museum.com/en/

You probably need to try various search engines, in Japanese...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 02:52:59 pm »

I could use some guitar or ukulele instrumentals for a song I wrote for a game. It's kind of slow and bittersweet, but I can't post the lyrics yet for spoiler reasons
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 03:34:01 am »

Wikipedia Commons seems to have some pictures from the Yamato Museum, including a recreated(to what accuracy, I dont know) bridge: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Collections_of_Yamato_Museum

The museum itself: http://www.yamato-museum.com/en/

You probably need to try various search engines, in Japanese...
I need stuff for the inside. I have the outside down pat, plenty of models show the outside REALLY well.
I would call the museum, but a) I don't speak Japanese and b) I don't have handy access to a phone. I can't find a contact us section nor an email address on their website.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Resource Request Thread
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 03:50:56 am »

They dont have it on their website... The place seems to go by many names and the information in English is spread out over multiple sites.

Their e-mail seems to be info@yamato-museum.com

edit: heres the bridge photo: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Collections_of_Yamato_Museum#/media/File:Yamato-bridge.JPG

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Re: The Resource Request Thread
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 06:20:50 pm »

Anyone with musical talent/skill/ability would be appreciated, but obviously only if they'd be willing to work on a game that isn't planning on going commercial. We might be getting donations, but I wouldn't count on it. Anyone willing to freely make (somewhat good) music would be much appreciated.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay