Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Mortal online  (Read 8015 times)

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
Mortal online
« on: February 02, 2010, 02:10:35 pm »

Well its in open beta now, you can grab the client from the site http://www.mortalonline.com/content/open-beta and make an account. I'm in the middle of downloading it now to see what its all about.

Anyone else interested in it, or gonna check out the open beta? I know a few people on here have said its pretty bad, but I figure why not give it a go any way, since its free? :P

Incase you don't know what it is... Apparently it's based heavily on ultima online, so open world, pvp, full loot, focusing on player/player interaction. I've heard it compared to darkfall, and I've heard that it does what darkfall does but better.

lumin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mortal online
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 02:15:26 pm »

Looks pretty promising.  Things like building your own cities and houses in a very open world remind me of FTO with graphics.  Although judging from what people are saying on the forums, it makes Darkfall look polished and bug-free.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 02:48:00 pm »

the interface is horrible and lagged out to all hell. I can barely swing a weapon :/ Had high hopes, will give it another go when it patches a bit more.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 03:10:38 pm »

Meh, no matter how much I download installer, or what download managers I use, it always comes out corrupt.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 03:52:13 pm by Pillow_Killer »
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 04:04:02 pm »

Ive not even got it patched yet, but this is a horrible way to distrubute a game, DDL from texas, or a crappy torrent, :(.

Qutie a few people I've talked too say that this has more promise than darkfall, but isn't anywhere near complete enough to be releasing in a few months, or whenever it's supposed to come out, so who knows? Hopefully they'll fix the bugs/lag and get some decent content in there soon. It'd be lame if it turned out another darkfall; awesome promise and potential but a complete failure to deliver on any of it...

diamok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 04:11:32 pm »

I singed up for this a while ago, of course that was before I realized the were charging to be involved in closed testing. (sigh)

Now I'm trying to install but can't even get their download app to run, I keep getting a "The Setup files are corrupted.  Please obtain a new copy of the program." error message. (sign again)

A Dwarven Smokeologist

• Bay Watcher
  • Shortcut to Mushrooms
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 04:13:53 pm »

Was so excited for this game (supposed to be like a new age pre-ren UO) but all I'm hearing is bad things.

Is there any thing redeeming about it yet? :P

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 04:26:53 pm »

I'll let you know if i ever get the patch downloaded ¬_¬ its been stuck with 100 megs left for about 2 hours now

diamok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 04:31:16 pm »

I'll let you know if i ever get the patch downloaded ¬_¬ its been stuck with 100 megs left for about 2 hours now

It did the same thing to me a few months ago when I first signed up.  I never did get it downloaded and now I have the issue I mention above.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 05:16:21 pm »

I'm going to wait for the wave of new players (and thus heavy patching) to blow over a little. I managed to get in, but the lag was legendary. I had commands actually happen like 20 seconds after trying to do them. :S

Game looks interesting, though.

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 06:20:16 pm »

I'll see if I can get it working on wine. If I can (a miricale) AND it isn't crazy slow on my computer then I might play it more than an hour or two. After that, who knows!

EDIT: And the installer is corrupted... fail!
VV That worked. Wonder how they screwed up the installer from their main site though.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 06:48:20 pm by HideousBeing »

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 06:30:54 pm »

Download the patcher from atomicgamer.

also they have found the solution for the huge lag and will patch soon.(apperntly)
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 06:43:50 pm »

also they have found the solution for the huge lag and will patch soon.(apperntly)

I got the patcher from a torrent, problem being that the patcher itself seems to use an incredibly slow and crap torrent to get the patches ¬_¬

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010, 06:58:16 pm »

I got the patcher from a torrent, problem being that the patcher itself seems to use an incredibly slow and crap torrent to get the patches ¬_¬

Yup, I'm here too. Im at 0kb/s now with a best of 5kb/s. Only 2gb to go!

Edit: up to 80kb/s somehow. At least it won't take 3 years  ;D
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 07:18:09 pm by HideousBeing »

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2010, 07:24:04 pm »

i just told the launcher to to go to hell after 2-3hours of downloading in around 10-100kb/s

put it in utorrent.

Volia 620kb/s(my line can't take anymore) and whooo!

anyone noticed you seed way to much with launcher if you compare it with the dl speed?
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe
Pages: [1] 2 3