Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Mortal online  (Read 8005 times)

diamok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mortal online
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2010, 07:27:48 pm »

Download the patcher from atomicgamer.

also they have found the solution for the huge lag and will patch soon.(apperntly)

Wanted to say the download patcher from atomicgamer worked for me as well.  We'll see what the download speeds are like now though.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2010, 07:46:58 pm »

i just told the launcher to to go to hell after 2-3hours of downloading in around 10-100kb/s

put it in utorrent.

Volia 620kb/s(my line can't take anymore) and whooo!

anyone noticed you seed way to much with launcher if you compare it with the dl speed?

You are a bloody genius! getting a much more respectable speed now (anything over 0.1kb/s is respectable after the last few hours). :P

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2010, 09:31:30 pm »

i just told the launcher to to go to hell after 2-3hours of downloading in around 10-100kb/s

put it in utorrent.

Volia 620kb/s(my line can't take anymore) and whooo!

anyone noticed you seed way to much with launcher if you compare it with the dl speed?

head saves the day again!

diamok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2010, 09:45:07 pm »

So I got this rar file MortalCache121618.rar, anyone know what to do, how to install the update and all that?

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2010, 10:32:24 pm »

Hurray i saved the day.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2010, 11:39:48 pm »

Now the stupid thing wont run. I load up the updater, or the launcher, click the button... and nothing happens. The launcher/updater closes and thats all. ¬_¬

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 01:18:59 am »

A friend of mine preordered this for me as a Birthday present.  Kind gesture, seeing as he spent 40 bucks, but the time I spent playing the beta test was pretty crappy.

99% of the userbase that I met were just running around exploiting whatever glitches or exploits they could find in order to kill people (especially newbies) and it was extremely difficult to get in and actually TEST anything. I think I died about 20 times before I even figured out how to put on pants, and I never had a chance to really try out the crafting system other than the few hours on the day of every patch (while people were still busy macroing). You had to spend ages to get up to the point that you could somewhat defend yourself, and it wiped constantly - so it was basically ruled by people who played 24/7 and would just macro for 2 days after every wipe. Logging in after a wipe would find a few hundred people macro beating on NPCs for weapon skill, then as soon as they skilled up they'd go and make themself the flavor of the week weapon that did too much damage for some reason or other and hadn't been fixed yet. At one time it was magic, which was added in a buggy state and waaay overpowered and required no reagents - people macroed it endlessly then ran around slaughtering everyone in town who started a bit late and hadn't had a chance to build up yet.

Have they fixed the town guard system yet? Last I saw the guards were killing the player who called them as much as the player they were calling them on.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2010, 02:05:22 pm »

Theres a new patch up, seems to have fixed the lag (for me atleast, theres no more). still gettin a crash every now and again, but at least its not cripplingly laggy!

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2010, 12:51:21 am »

NECRO bump:

Game goes live in 8 hours. Much improved, but still a long way from the "polish" of Darkfall.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2010, 12:56:23 am »

NECRO bump:
Game goes live in 8 hours. Much improved, but still a long way from the "polish" of Darkfall.
Darkfall... polished? ....

Man....

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2010, 01:03:05 am »

He's saying that it's still shitty.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2010, 02:39:31 am »

He's saying that it's still shitty.
I know that. But he's saying it's ultra shitty, not just shitty.

It's shitty as in shit hitting the fan shitty if it's not close to the polish of Darkfall

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2010, 09:44:57 am »

Yes indeed it is still shitty. Darkfall has improved vastly in the last 3 months but is still shitty, although not quite as bad as Mortal Online. Let's put this into perspective by ranking from least to most polished indie MMORPGs right now.

Wurm Online < Craft of Gods < Mortal Online < Darkfall < Fallen Earth

all are IMHO
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2010, 01:19:40 pm »

Any more news from this game? It sounds interesting, but I like hearing the tale from some people I know are the same kind of crazy as me.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2010, 05:43:17 pm »

Sounds like they never plan to have trials for this game which is about the stupidest fucking idea I've ever heard. Probably means they have no idea how to keep out hackers and spambots otherwise. They want too much fucking money for a game from an unproven company with no way of demoing now that the (horrible) beta period is over. Lame.
Pages: 1 [2] 3