Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Occult Chronicles. When a board game and a roguelike make a baby.  (Read 4192 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Occult Chronicles. When a board game and a roguelike make a baby.
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 03:21:37 pm »

I don't know what exactly you're pointing out

I am talking about the rock paper shotgun review at the top. Where the reviewer gave nothing but glowing recommendations of this game but outright admitted he never got anywhere with the game. Making the review nearly useless.

So anything negative anyone brings up is something not covered by the review.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 03:31:48 pm »

I don't know what exactly you're pointing out

I am talking about the rock paper shotgun review at the top. Where the reviewer gave nothing but glowing recommendations of this game but outright admitted he never got anywhere with the game. Making the review nearly useless.

So anything negative anyone brings up is something not covered by the review.

I saw the RPS article less as a review and more as a "so there's this thing I've been fiddling with lately, you may or may not be interested". And considering it's a work-in-progress beta, a review at this stage would be uncalled for.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2013, 03:32:59 pm »

considering it's a work-in-progress beta, a review at this stage would be uncalled for

If they sell it, a review is valid so long as it respects the current state of the game. (heck a lot of companies release games in unfinished states now anyhow)

As well the game is in Beta a lot of the features are not going to change, only the general balance is going to change and certain aspects are going to be smoothed out. I learned that from a very unfortunate Beta I was in.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 03:37:30 pm by Neonivek »

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2013, 04:26:01 pm »

RPS reviews are labelled "Wot I Think". This is more akin to a "preview". But it's not even that. He's basically a blogger blogging about cool stuff he's come across.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Azurestrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 04:32:10 pm »

Who else got the game that wants to share their experience? I'm considering trying out a heavy psychic cause I hear they're interesting to use.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2013, 04:33:18 pm »

So take a gamble if you like, or otherwise hang on for some impressions from me soon. Presuming you trust what I have to say, that is. You really should, I’m always right and honest.

His blog clearly reviews it.

Anyhow my point ultimately is a review or blog that is only of surface details will only give surface details.

"RPS reviews are labelled "Wot I Think". "

So an informal review (which is an Oxymoron)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 04:37:33 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 [2]