Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I tried putting [Civ_Controllable] in Humans and Elves.  (Read 3422 times)

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I tried putting [Civ_Controllable] in Humans and Elves.
« on: November 05, 2007, 08:55:00 am »

It worked! And I used cheat o matic to lock the starting points and get an anvil plus everything I need to survive the first four years, and reveal to find out where my minerals are, also to get a master trader, I put most of the skills in my miner, and found out that I had made a human fortress, and I tried my miner and I was thinking "Look at 'er go!" I'll post a movie soon, anyway my  proficient human miner was as fast as a Legendary dwarven miner! She also made several masterpieces.

Nite/m4re

• Bay Watcher
  • Too Deep
    • View Profile
Re: I tried putting [Civ_Controllable] in Humans and Elves.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 10:05:00 am »

I did that too. Ditched the anvil and got a ton-load of logs to construct homes for everyone. Very cool. Currently I am playing a leechman fortress. (Yes, these are in the game)

Temrek

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 05:59:00 pm »

If you use a human civilization, can you forge human-sized equipment such as two-handed swords?

Nite/m4re

• Bay Watcher
  • Too Deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 07:17:00 pm »

Yes you can. And I just tried playing with elves, and to my surprise, they can bring ALMOST ANY ANIMAL at the embark screen!!! I bought lots of grizzly bears to protect my fortress!

Buggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 07:38:00 pm »

Is there a way for elves to make wooden weapons?

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 08:05:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Buggy:
<STRONG>Is there a way for elves to make wooden weapons?</STRONG>

Not currently, I don't think.    I think the idea is that they use some sort of elven secret magic to grow or otherwise manipulate the wood into those shapes.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 06:30:00 am »

Have you tried generating a new world with those settings? I put [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] and [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] (controls the Play Now! I think) into the Elves, Dwarves, Humans, and Kobolds. Initially I could not do anything with elves, because they cannot bring anything but wood. But when I generated a new world...

You know, somehow Elven Mountain Halls doesn't sound right...  Those are generated instead of towns and retreats. Also, the list in the character civ selection screen (in AM) is too large with the kobold civs added, and cannot be scrolled.

I visited an "Elven Mountain Hall"...  This bug will probably occur with normal dwarves, but....  The hall entrance was near to a very steep cliff. Like 10 or so levels. And, uh....   from the ground up, the entrance rose like a nuclear reactor cooling shaft, for those 10 or so levels until it reaced a TWO WIDE (!!!) little bridge on top of the cliff, that led to the 10 level high tube of ladders down to the surface, at which point the normal mountain halls began.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 07:29:00 am »

Maybe it's the elven delay system. To slow down invaders and it might be trapped.

[ November 06, 2007: Message edited by: Bien ]

Necro

• Bay Watcher
  • ...trunk with her iron battlaxe, bruising the fat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 02:24:00 pm »

I also tried playing humans before the fix, but I didn't get any immigrants. Anybody has that problem now?

Wahnsinniger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 08:53:00 pm »

Regarding the Elves making wooden weapons...I assume it'd be totally against elves philosophy to ever cut down a tree. What about fallen trees? Wouldn't it make sense that trees would naturally fall over in the forest, and the Elves would use THAT wood? Should such a thing be modeled in the game?

Perhaps every once in a while, a tree should fall over and turn into a 'cut' log. On a similiar note, would it make sense that there could be a few 'mined' rocks and metal sitting around on the surface when you first settle a location?

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 02:34:00 am »

What Humans won't get any refuges in the new version? How will my human town made out of logs grow? :(
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 02:35:00 am »

What Humans won't get any refuges in the new version? How will my human town made out of logs grow? :(
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 03:58:00 am »

I got immigrants in 33a.

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 03:47:00 am »

I haven't dared try modding yet, I'm timid that way... What happens if you put [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] into more than one civ? Does it pick a civ at random, or do you get a choice? Or does it simply not work?
I>What happens in Nefekvucar stays in Nefekvucar.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 07:51:00 am »

You can choose at embark screen. You also get all civs living in mountain halls, if you generate a new world with the tags enabled. The only solution is removing the tags if you generate a new world, and reenable them before playing.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: [1] 2