Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I tried putting [Civ_Controllable] in Humans and Elves.  (Read 3405 times)

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I tried putting [Civ_Controllable] in Humans and Elves.
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2007, 08:49:00 am »

Lovely. I should try modding some, then. A whole new world of breaking things! Losing is fun!  :)
I>What happens in Nefekvucar stays in Nefekvucar.

DDouble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2007, 12:02:00 pm »

Can you please explain to me how I can make the humans and elves controllable in fortress mode? I really want to have a Human Fort. Where do I put the civ_controllable tag?

Ok I found it. Now, do Humans and Elves go into fey moods? Does their art represent them?

[ November 08, 2007: Message edited by: DDouble ]

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2007, 07:43:00 am »

Humans go into fey moods.

Ryven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2007, 11:00:00 am »

Also, note that you can't trade with other civs that have the [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag. Workaround: when you decide which civ to play as, move the tag. When you later abandon your fortress, move it to the next one you'd like to play as.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2007, 11:34:00 am »

Can't trade? Maybe except for your own civ, you mean? Because I've got human traders in my human fort already...  with wagons...  I'll see where it goes, anyways.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Red Jackard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Page
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2007, 01:44:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Capntastic:
<STRONG>Not currently, I don't think. I think the idea is that they use some sort of elven secret magic to grow or otherwise manipulate the wood into those shapes.</STRONG>
quote:
Originally posted by Wahnsinniger:
<STRONG>Regarding the Elves making wooden weapons...I assume it'd be totally against elves philosophy to ever cut down a tree.</STRONG>

They could be Treesingers. 8B

My dwarves are not your dwarves.

Ryven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2007, 02:06:00 pm »

Sorry if I wasn't clear - I meant that your outpost can't trade with civs of other species that have the [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag, or at least they won't for me - if you add the tag to, say, elves, so that both dwarves AND elves have it, the dwarves and elves won't (in my experience) be able to trade with each other in fortress mode.

Arven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2007, 02:06:00 pm »

I'm playing as goblins and was confused to note that Elves and Humans will trade with me  :)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2007, 04:24:00 pm »

Okay, clarification.

You can't trade with other races that have civ_controllable, except your own. Additionally, only dwarves will get the trade liaison with the first traders.

Elves are pretty much useless this way. The only crafts they can make (if you play them like an elf outpost) would be made of wood, and trading elves won't accept wooden trades even from their kin...  I tried to make a "hacky" tool for the elves to cut wood (obsidian hatchet...  plus shovels for digging), but it used the same logic as the shortsword and my elves are now cutting wood with wooden hatchets...  fire with fire?   maybe...

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 [2]