Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40

Author Topic: [Gaem Ovar] MSPA Mafia -=2=- Jester + Cult + Survivor Win!  (Read 41454 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: [REPLACEMENT NEEDED] MSPA Mafia -=2=- Day 4, Ends Thursday
« Reply #555 on: March 02, 2010, 10:25:36 pm »

it shall be a horrific unnatural hybrid of HAMMERS and DEADLINES.

5 alive, 3 to lynch
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: March 02, 2010, 10:49:08 pm »

Ah. Then we should stop speaking.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 03, 2010, 03:22:52 am »

*Golfclap*

U Got Play'd

Pandarsenic [1] (Jim Groovester)
dakarian [3] (Cheeetar, dakarian, Pandarsenic)

Dakarian gets the "Most Rediculous and Convoluted Jester Win Ever" award. He leaps up onto the podium and bows to the audience, he waves his trophy once in an incredibly cool and ironic manner, and then he vanishes. It is ovbious from this little show that dakarian was BRO.

BRO

You are BRO, the ultimate ninja. During the night you can NINJA-PROTECT a targeted player, protecting them from night kills. Not only that, you automatically kill anyone who attempts to night kill the target of your NINJA-PROTECT.
You are also the master of irony and impossible to catch. You are immune to all night actions (including night-kills), but anyone who targets you with a night action will think their action succeeded. You’re just that good.

You are a JESTER. In the ultimate irony, you win when you get the town to Lynch you despite having what is possibly the best town power role ever concieved. This victory does not stop the game, but it is incredibly ironic.

Dakarian has won!

The game continues. Other players may also win.

It is now Night. Night lasts for 24 hours at this time of posting. (Which is like, Thursday at 9:00am GMT+0 or so.)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: [dakarian Wins!] MSPA Mafia -=2=- Night 4 continues, ends Thursdayish.
« Reply #558 on: March 04, 2010, 09:53:51 am »

I've just done a little math and the only way for Pandarsenic to lose now is to do so on purpose.

Since this seems unlikely, i'm going to skip over the 2 - 4 days or so it takes to kill Earthworm Jim. Every time you knock him down, another one pops up, four times he reappears, and four times you kill him. You lynch him, you redirect his kill to himself, causing him to commit suicide, you mob the crap out of him.

Finally, the last Jim falls. You all stand tense, waiting for any sign that another Jim might arise, but it appears that four was his limit.

Based on this information, you determine that Earthworm Jim was THE MIDNIGHT CREW

THE MIDNIGHT CREW

You are THE MIDNIGHT CREW, Spades Slick, Diamonds Droog, Clubs Deuce and Hearts Boxcars. You have a SUPERKILL ability, which bypasses kill protection. You’re also pretty damn pissed off by all this nonsense and would much rather be hunting down THE FELT, fortunately, you’re pretty sure they’re hiding here somewhere.
Be warned however, SNOWMAN is also hanging around, if you attempt to SUPERKILL her, the ability will backfire upon you instead! Fortunately, there are four of you, so you have four lives. The first three times you die, you will revive from death. The fourth time, you’re out of luck.

You are UNALIGNED, your win THE FELT are dead. The game continues after your victory, and it is not announced until you die.

If you survive to the end of the game, you double-win.

With a sign of relief, Pandarsenic sits back. It is over. He who was LORD ENGLISH, but is now something different (courtesy of a certain Cruxian method) has won. Redwarrior0 remains free and alive, but he is A PUMPKIN not A PUMPKIN, and thus does not exist, so he's no problem.

At last, THE FELT reigns supreme, over a town full of corpses, but supreme is supreme. Can't be picky.

DAKARIAN HAS WON!
PANDARSENIC HAS WON!
CHEEETAR HAS WON!
REDWARRIOR0 HAS WON!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: [Gaem Ovar] MSPA Mafia -=2=- Jester + Cult + Survivor Win!
« Reply #559 on: March 04, 2010, 09:59:38 am »

Here's the roles that never got released:

Just fixing the Bold in your role PM, makes it easier to read :D

Pandarsenic

LORD ENGLISH

You are LORD ENGLISH, the nefarious leader of THE FELT. Unfortunately at the moment you can’t actually find THE FELT, they appear to have vanished.
No matter. During the Night you may RECRUIT a target player into THE FELT, this will erase their old role and give them a new one. What role they get depends on what number they get. The first person you RECRUIT gets number 1, the second number 2, and so on.

1: ITCHY
   REDIRECT
– During the night, ITCHY can redirect a player’s night action to a different target.
2: DOZE
   DELAY
– During the night, DOZE can delay a player, causing their action to occur on the following night. Their vote will also be delayed, not showing up until one vote count after it is made.
3: TRACE
   FOLLOW
– Trace can FOLLOW a player during the night, finding out who they targeted.
4: CLOVER
   INTEL
–Clover has all the Intel, each night he is told a random player’s role PM.
5: FIN
   FUTURE ATTACK
– FIN strikes people in the past, from the future, or something. During the night FIN can kill a player, but that player will not actually die until the following night.
6: DIE
   TEMPORAL MESS
– During the night, DIE can create a TEMPORAL MESS on a targeted player. If used on a dead player, he may communicate with that player until the end of the next day. If used on a living player, DIE vanishes, becoming immune to everything and unable to talk in the thread until the targeted player dies. Whereupon he will reappear.
7: CROWBAR
   CO-ORDINATED ATTACK
– CROWBAR can initiate a CO-ORDINATED ATTACK. This power copies the night action of one of the other NUMBERS onto a different target.
8: SNOWMAN
   TRAITOROUS BITCH
– SNOWMAN is a traitorous bitch. If you manage to recruit her, you will learn the identity of THE MIDNIGHT CREW. SNOWMAN is also extremely elusive, never in the same place twice. So long as at least one other member of THE FELT is alive, she cannot be killed.
9: STITCH
   STITCH-UP
– STITCH can STITCH UP a dead FELT, restoring them to life.

Considering the long odds of recruiting more than 9 people. The list ends here. If you manage to recruit STITCH I’ll expand it with the rest of THE FELT

You are THE FELT, you win when only players aligned with THE FELT remain alive.

What Webadict turned Pandarsenic into:

Your role has changed, you have become BROTHER RENEGADE!

Quote from: BROTHER RENEGADE
An amalgamation of the master of ironic ninjery and THE LAW, you are the ultimate force in the universe. You are completely immune to all night actions, including kills, and furthermore anyone who targets you with a night action will think their action succeeded.

During the night you may place a player under NINJA LAW, that player will be protected from all negative night actions, and to add insult to injury you will AUTOKILL anyone who attempts a negative night action on that player. During the day you may declare a NINJASTORM by posting such in the thread, the player who posted before you and the next player to post will both be immediately killed. It's not cool to do the same thing too many times though, so you may only declare a NINJASTORM once per game.

Your win condition remains unchanged.

Cheeetar

KERNELSPRITE

You are the KERNELSPRITE. Twice, at any time, but only once per day or night, you may PROTOTYPE with another player, gaining one of their powers.
Additionally, once per game you may SPLIT, erasing your gained powers and allowing you to PROTOTYPE twice more to gain new ones.

You are MAFIA, you win when you achieve parity or outnumber the TOWN, and all other killers are dead.

The MAFIA CHAT can be found here: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/BCEmkQxHng2DL

The MAFIA consists of Cheeetar, ExKirby and SirBayer.

RedWarrior0

PUMPKIN

You are a PUMPKIN, you might exist, or you might not. It's hard to tell as you seem to spend your entire life in a state of quantum uncertainty. This makes it extremely difficult to do, well, anything.
Each time you are targeted by an action there is a 50/50 chance you won't exist and the action will fail. Each time a vote count is posted in the thread (this includes the end-of-day summary) there is a 50/50 chance your vote will not exist. Should you be lynched, there is a 50/50 chance you will not exist, and thus will not be lynched due to not existing.
Once during both the day and the night, you can extend your PUMPKIN UNCERTAINTY to another player. During the day this will cause their vote to take on the same properties as yours and gain your 50/50 lynch immunity, during the night this will cause their action and any actions targeting them to get the same 50/50 chance of not existing.

You are a SURVIVOR, you win when you are alive at the end of the game, regardless of who else wins.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 04, 2010, 12:18:57 pm »

Remember people: this is why you don't play crazy games.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: March 04, 2010, 12:19:34 pm »

Remember people: this is why you don't play crazy games.

This is why we do play crazy games...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 04, 2010, 12:23:41 pm »

How? It's technically a draw, since everybody would simply still be fine, and then you'd just NL after all that, resulting in a draw, instead of... whatever this was.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 04, 2010, 12:28:30 pm »

Wait, I was playing in this.  Funnily enough, I lost due to a mafiakill, not due to broken mechanics  :-X

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 04, 2010, 01:28:59 pm »

When is it cool for a person to be able to day-kill TWO people?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 04, 2010, 03:22:54 pm »

I think I get it now.  Web took my role, which was an unkillable ninja and made it superpowerful.  That's how the double day kill occurred since there's not much else to build on from being untargetable and being able to protect someone while killing their killer.   

At first glance, I actually think the game wasn't actually THAT horribly unbalanced.  What happened is that just about EVERY SINGLE THING went right with the cult.  Even losing their conversion was nothing compared to becoming unkillable and gaining a doublekill close to lylo.  Meanwhile, ALL OF THE TOWN died early on as well as the scum, leaving behind a batch of 3rd parties (SK, Survivor and Jester).  It was like the Perfect Storm of Fail for anyone noncult.

Neruz also has a mass of complaints about the folks who didn't use their night actions.  Considering how role heavy this game was, that basically ruins your chances.

If there's anything I can say that needs changing, it's that we really can't have 2 different scum groups unless the game is BIG: I mean 19 player BIG. 

Oh, and Neruz, consider 'forced' roles.  The old "you MUST send in a night choice or you will DIE and LOSE" works wonders ;).
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 04, 2010, 03:23:48 pm »

Oh, and btw:

FIRST LYNCHING IN A FORUM MAFIA GAME AND WON FOR IT HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!

Though #*)(@*%($ that was hard as nails.
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 04, 2010, 05:43:30 pm »

Oh, and btw:

FIRST LYNCHING IN A FORUM MAFIA GAME AND WON FOR IT HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!

Though #*)(@*%($ that was hard as nails.
No, he also let the Mafia be recruited by Cult. That was, by far, the worst part of the game.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 04, 2010, 06:37:15 pm »

Well, I did think that as well but if there's only one scum group it solves itself.
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40