Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40

Author Topic: [Gaem Ovar] MSPA Mafia -=2=- Jester + Cult + Survivor Win!  (Read 41589 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: [GAME ON] MSPA Mafia -=2=- Day 1 - Ends Wednesday 11:00AM GMT+0
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2010, 01:14:18 pm »

Then how did you know the next person to post would die?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2010, 01:14:38 pm »

Toony stated that the kill was RANDOM.  Either he was just lucky in the shooting or the fact it actually worked the way he said wasn't mentioned (third option: he's lying which is still on the table).

As such with the information we had before the kill, we wouldn't be able to use it.

To be honest, though, if he WAS told that it would kill the person who posts after him, then it would be just a quirky Vig shot and, town or scum, it would be silly to use it up (more so as scum since a OSDV can be used to create the Mad Scientist lylo kill move to win).

Result: Toony's vig use is really just a Null Tell.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2010, 01:26:38 pm »

...Yay? Ok, I really don't get what has happened so far. So I can't really lay my suspisions.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2010, 01:31:04 pm »

...Yay? Ok, I really don't get what has happened so far. So I can't really lay my suspisions.

You're the second scum.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2010, 01:44:13 pm »

Toony, did you choose a target? Or did it target at random?

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2010, 01:44:54 pm »

You're the second scum.
Now, remind me how you drew to that conclusion? I can't get a tell because everyone is running around screaming.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2010, 01:53:11 pm »

Besides, I've yet to see RiA work as a scumtell.

Pandarsenic, MSPA I.

1. Why did you strike at Org for making a useless comment DURING RVS!?  You didn't go after him so it's not a pressure tactic, but you felt you NEEDED to poke at him anyway even though there's not exactly much more that he can give to you.

Poking at a mafia buddy or trying too hard to scumhunt and slipping?  Either way, HORRIBLY UGLY.

2. Why did you do the same to ToonyMan and on TOP of that, why did you rolefish to boot?  That "if you did this.." question was a clear attempt to find out just what he can do.

And a comment:  OMG YOU'RE A GIRL!?!?  (Yes, my mind is still blown, ignore me)

1. Mostly, I'm annoyed that no one seemed to be using the RVS constructively (no questions, just "Hi, Joe, you're scum.  Hi, Maribel, that dude's town so you're scum.  Greetings, George!  Will my vote go on you?").  I felt a response was needed, so I responded in the manner that made the most sense to me.

Before anyone says "The RVS is where we ask useless questions and do nothing," I'm going to say "No, it isn't, or we wouldn't keep engaging in it."  An RVS needs useful questions, not these bare statements which reveal no information.

2. I was trying to find out if Neruz had reprised his "If X person posts Y data in Z manner, it becomes reality!!" role.  When an insta-win has been available twice in the past and may be available again, you want to use it.

So yes, rolefishing.  Rolefishing for an end that I felt justified the means, but still rolefishing.

... And yes, I'm still female >_>  Glad to see I did a reasonable job of faking.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2010, 02:06:05 pm »

Toony, did you choose a target? Or did it target at random?

My role says I will "try" to target the next person to post, but it will likely miss and kill somebody else.

The Aimless Renegade is notorious for his horrible aim.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2010, 02:07:05 pm »

You're the second scum.
Now, remind me how you drew to that conclusion? I can't get a tell because everyone is running around screaming.

Stop acting confused and useless.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2010, 02:07:43 pm »

Besides, I've yet to see RiA work as a scumtell.

Pandarsenic, MSPA I.

Invalid as a matter of general scumtellosity - I was unlynchable and trying my damnedest to waste the town's lynch as much as I could.

Also, I suspect there is SOME way to make everybody win. We just have to find it and make sure the person in question isn't faking.

Or just have it shoved down our throats like last time.

PPE: Toony, thus "Aimless" I imagine?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2010, 03:52:52 pm »

1. Why did you strike at Org for making a useless comment DURING RVS!?  You didn't go after him so it's not a pressure tactic, but you felt you NEEDED to poke at him anyway even though there's not exactly much more that he can give to you.

Poking at a mafia buddy or trying too hard to scumhunt and slipping?  Either way, HORRIBLY UGLY.

2. Why did you do the same to ToonyMan and on TOP of that, why did you rolefish to boot?  That "if you did this.." question was a clear attempt to find out just what he can do.

And a comment:  OMG YOU'RE A GIRL!?!?  (Yes, my mind is still blown, ignore me)

1. Mostly, I'm annoyed that no one seemed to be using the RVS constructively (no questions, just "Hi, Joe, you're scum.  Hi, Maribel, that dude's town so you're scum.  Greetings, George!  Will my vote go on you?").  I felt a response was needed, so I responded in the manner that made the most sense to me.

Before anyone says "The RVS is where we ask useless questions and do nothing," I'm going to say "No, it isn't, or we wouldn't keep engaging in it."  An RVS needs useful questions, not these bare statements which reveal no information.

There ARE NO useful questions to say in RVS.. not in the first 4 posts.  Why do you think my first attack style changes with each game: it's determined by WHEN I was able to post.  After about 6 or so posts, you start being able to find something, ANYTHING, real to talk about.  BEFORE then, though, there is literally nothing, so you really are left to just post garbage.

Funny thing, the argument really isn't about RVS and it's uses.  The real issue is YOU.  The problem?  I'm FULLY accepting of attacks like yours against the first RVS since that brings pressure and pressure brings real information.  Thus attacking Org all by itself was a Good Thing.

But you softballed it.  No FOS, no direct accusation.  In fact, your post now proves your real aim: you weren't trying to figure out who was scummy in their RVS posts (and yes, you CAN find scumminess in RVS posts.. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it happen against me), you were just making comments. 

In short: You weren't scumhunting, just filling up space with posts that SOUND like attacks.

I do believe you are being honest now and not just backtracking.. however, I do believe you SHOULD'VE backtracked instead.  There's reasons why scum can't be too truthful.

2. I was trying to find out if Neruz had reprised his "If X person posts Y data in Z manner, it becomes reality!!" role.  When an insta-win has been available twice in the past and may be available again, you want to use it.

I did very little to follow the first game, but I read how Neruz felt about that.  He found that method of winning so easily broken and needed fixing. 

Sort of silly, then, to put it right back in.  Also sort of silly that you'd think Toonyman would use it for a RANDOM KILL rather than, say, finding out if someone is scum or gamebreaking.

So yes, rolefishing.  Rolefishing for an end that I felt justified the means, but still rolefishing.

If the mafia hunts down and lynches a cultist, it doesn't make them any less scummy.

In other words: Scummy is always scummy.

... And yes, I'm still female >_>  Glad to see I did a reasonable job of faking.

Gives me a sudden twinge to wish I had joined this forum as Jacquain like I would do back in the day.
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2010, 04:54:00 pm »

In short: You weren't scumhunting, just filling up space with posts that SOUND like attacks.

I do believe you are being honest now and not just backtracking.. however, I do believe you SHOULD'VE backtracked instead.  There's reasons why scum can't be too truthful.

... Uhhhhhhhh

No, I wasn't scumhunting.  I was responding to a dumb RVS post.  It wasn't an attack, a riposte, or a defense.  It was a stupid reply to a stupid statement.

Should I have backtracked?  If I were scum, yeah.  I could say "By virtue of his crappy post with x, y, and z DAMNING SENTENCE STRUCTURES, Org is scum!! WE MUST LYNCH HIM."

But no.  I'm town, trying to get information and being unable to get it because the RVS posts are so extraordinarily full of crap this time around.

I did very little to follow the first game, but I read how Neruz felt about that.  He found that method of winning so easily broken and needed fixing. 

Sort of silly, then, to put it right back in.  Also sort of silly that you'd think Toonyman would use it for a RANDOM KILL rather than, say, finding out if someone is scum or gamebreaking.

He then turned around and put exactly the same thing back in Neruz/Vector's Bastard Mod.  Thus yes, it'd be a bit silly to put it in a third time, but I wouldn't put it past him.  I figured it was a modification to the role to make it a bit harder to use.

Additionally, I wasn't aware it was a RANDOM KILL at the time.  It looked like "Toony says 'I AM THE LAW.'  He posts a condition for a certain event.  When the condition is met, the event occurs."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2010, 05:04:08 pm »

I AM THE LAW activates my one-shot vig power.

Which like I said earlier, was random.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2010, 06:11:58 pm »

Funny you talk about there being so little information.  I found plenty from it.  The early vig shot disrupted it but enough slipped through.

You claim you would've backtracked.  Nah, you don't backtrack often, and the post was well made so that it wouldn't have been easy to spot the trouble with it.  Now that I've mentioned it, you know (town or scum) that pulling back now would be your death, so you hold your ground.

Of course, now that we're deep into an extended RVS we'll need to make the most of it, so if you want this RVS to stop being useless you'll need to put it into use.

Meanwhile:

I imagine I'll have to wait until after the superbowl to get many of the other responses (or read the ones already stated).  I know once kickoff occurs I won't be around :P.

I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 40