Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Some reaction addition/modification questions

(1/3) > >>

ShadowLuigi147:
So, I have a couple questions.
1. How do I add a reaction to have bauxite come out of my smelter?
2. Does changing a previous entry (i.e. changing lignite to coke to something else) cause fatal errors, or require worldgen?
3. Or, how to I change a matgloss or whatever to make something like granite magma-proof to be used in mechanisms?

Deon:
1)
[PRODUCT:100:1:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:BAUXITE]
Bolded number is the amount of items.
2) If you don't change the ID ([REACTION:BRONZE_MAKING] for example), you can change anything within its "body", you can even remove the content. However if you add NEW reactions, you have to regen a world.
3) IN matgloss_stone_***.txt find the desired stone and add the same data as bauxite has:

--- Code: ---[MELTING_POINT:13600]
[BOILING_POINT:15000]
--- End code ---

ShadowLuigi147:
Awesome, thanks!

Truean:
Smelter raw reaction changes typically require world gen don't they? If they don't that's awesome.

Deon's work is good (it typically is, I'm a big fan of his stonesense stuff). Here's another possible reaction you might like that helps with stone management (because most of us have that stuff lying around and this uses stone).

[REACTION:STONE_TO_BAUXITE]
[NAME:STONE_TO_BAUXITE]
[SMELTER]
[REAGENT:1:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:NO_MATGLOSS]
[PRODUCT:100:1:STONE:NONE:STONE:BAUXITE]

(If you don't want it to use up a stone, then just delete the "reagent" line.

Truean

P.S. Hey Deon, is it necessary to have all the things I do in my reaction or is there a more condensed version I could be using? Would placing "[PRODUCT:100:1:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:BAUXITE]" in my raws be sufficient? If so, how would this show up in the smelter task menu? Critique, please. 

deoxy:
I would suggest giving it a human useful name like [NAME:make any stone into bauxite] instead of the all-caps-with-underscores thing, but otherwise, that's exactly what you'd use, and yes, all of those things are needed to make it work.

I've added 10 "empty" reactions to my reaction_standard.txt file before I gen worlds, just so that I can add something later if I like without regenning.  Haven't actually used any of them yet, but I have modded existing reactions before, and yes, you can change ANYTHING you want except what's in the [REACTION:PUT_THE_NAME_HERE] part.  The Rose Gold reaction is a commonly suggested reaction to use, for some reason, though really, anything will work.  I'd suggest not using the ones that make steel, though... heh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version