Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34

Author Topic: Evolution Lite - The Returned [Turn 4]  (Read 27723 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Lite - The Returned
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 01:49:33 pm »

The Pythoses

The Pythoses started out as a species of digging mammals with four legs on the ground and two much stronger ones pointing up to grab the roof of their tunnels and pull them selves along if needed. They have think plates of bonny plates along their back to protect them. They lived in a simply under ground hive structure, were most where the males and females are equal in number and strength. The tribes are usually democratic where the hole tribe makes the big choices. They have evolved basic psychic powers and all Pythoses are linked  enough to talk to each other.

Spheres:

Food
Psychic Link III (T1, 10)
Mushroom Farm Building (T2, 10: Psychic Link III, Foraging, Hive Building)

Population
Action: Foraging (T1, 5)
Reaction: Hive Building (T1, 5)
Power:
Armour: Psychic Link (T1, 5)
Perception:
Stealth:
Range:
Generation: Live Birth (T1, 5)

Military
Action:
Reaction: Coordinated Defense (T1, 5)
Power:
Armour: Psychic Link II (T1, 5)
Perception:
Stealth:
Range:
Generation:

I was not sure if i was doing it right, but it should be good because it mostly a copy of the Longtongues.  :P

Also Issa sounds like my kind of god.
Very good. I capitalized, changed numbers to numerals, and removed the Religion (There was nothing there, so it was pointless.)

I'm assuming you're a Grey Hex kind of Species, unless you want something else (For food.)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 01:54:28 pm »

Ah yes sorry I will fix that.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2010, 03:18:37 pm »

I could remake Madric, but I think I'll go with a species this time.

Metroids incoming!!!

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2010, 03:46:24 pm »

I could remake Madric, but I think I'll go with a species this time.

Metroids incoming!!!
Quick, get the ice beam!

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 03:55:16 pm »

Yeah, I'm starting with very basic Metroids. They have no shell, and don't float. This is offset by toxic protoplasm (poisonous, can't eat me!) and a engulf and drain ability. They'll be really suceptable to cold though. I'll stat them out tonight.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2010, 04:00:53 pm »

Speaking of which, is there a system for flaws, or do you just not put any points in that area?

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2010, 04:03:54 pm »

My only issue with flaws is if they gave us bonus EP, as it's hard to balance that. Up to Web though, I was just going for accuracy, not looking for any bonuses.

It's too bad we can't have a species and an entity, as I would make the ascended Chozo, which would manifest an avatar as Samus the Hunter.

EDIT II: I'm having an issue with population generation. I know what I want to do (at the end of the Metroid lifecycle, the protoplasm hardens into a thin shell, the crystaline core separates into several cores, the new metroids absorb the shell asnew protoplasm. The old Metroid dies, creating a few more. But I need a blasted name for it and I can't think of one! >_<
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 08:01:11 pm by rickvoid »

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2010, 08:48:32 pm »

Mitosis?

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2010, 09:06:47 pm »

My brain finally fired off a synapse and thought Diffusion sounded good. Mitosis sounded good too. Think I'll look them up before I decide. Mitosis is probably the more accurate one. Curse you high school science! Curse you!

I think I've got it stated out right, but I want to mess with the numbers little before I get it up. Plus, big posts on a cell blow goats so I'm waiting till I can get back on my wi-fi later.

Edit: Here we go!

Metroids

Oldbird's log, Over planet SR499, entry 1:

I sometimes understand why other species are baffled by our ways.

We knew it would happen. Many turnings of the galactic wheel ago, we achieved our first glimpse beyond the veil of what we foolishly believed "is". The comforting lies of Past, Present, and Future were laid bare to us, and we Saw.

Therefore, when a critical engine component on our ship failed, and we dropped out of faster-than-light travel in orbit around this world, none of us were surprised. We knew the part was flawed. We knew it would fail. And we did nothing, because we must play our part.

While our technicians began repairs, I initiated a scan of the planet. I knew what I would find, and where, but I searched diligently anyway. As I must.

We found the creatures. Amazing beings. Though they knew it not, they are among the most advanced beings in the universe. They control, harvest, and transfer spiritual energy by instinct alone. Truly remarkable.

Yet these were primitive creatures, a far cry from the beings we knew they would one day become. The beings we would shape.

But first, we must observe, learn how we can best act to make them what they will become. We already know what we must do, but we Chozo must play our parts.

The journey, after all, is more important than the destination.

-End Log-

Creature notes:
Name: Metroid, Primitive

Decription:
Spherical mass of protoplasm, supported by a crystalline lattice. At the center sits a flawless crystal, the "brain" of the metroid.

Metroids are unique in that they are the only known creature that feeds upon life-energy. This, earliest incarnation of the species is a simple creature that oozes its way along the ground. Any creature it crawls over is caught within the protoplasm, and is drained of its life.

Metroids seem to have no natural predators. This is unsurprising, as its core is made of crystal, and the protoplasm is toxic to almost all other creatures. A poison resistant crystallavore (such as Urist Dwarven, for instance) is perhaps the only conceivable predator for such a creature, and there appear to be no crystallavores on the planet at this time.

Metroids seem to reproduce by a complicated version of mitosis. At the end of the creatures life-cycle, the protoplasm around the core and lattice harden into a shell. Within the resulting "egg", the crystalline strands unravel, and reform themselves into a number of new, smaller cores. These cores absorb the shell to create new protoplasmic bodies, and go on their way. If these creatures are capable of storing data, like knowledge and memories, within their cores, then all child metroids contain the sum knowledge of their now deceased parent. Fascinating.

Spheres:

Food
Drain (T1, 10)
Grey Hexes

Population
Action: Hunting (T1, 5)
Reaction: Cave Dwelling (T1, 5)
Power: Efficient Energy Storage (T1, 5)
Armour: Toxic (T1, 5)
Perception:
Stealth:
Range:
Generation: Mitosis (T1, 5)

Military
Action: Swarm Tactics (T1, 5)
Reaction:
Power: Energy Manipulation (T1, 5)
Armour: Crystalline Lattice (T1, 5)
Perception:
Stealth:
Range:
Generation:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 12:34:44 am by rickvoid »

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2010, 10:33:00 am »

Apologies for the double post, but I felt it was time for a bump.

Quick question for Web. If I'm using a T1 trait as a base for a T2 trait, can I re-use it as a base in another T2 trait? My initial thought is "probably not", but a number of my T1 traits make since as bases for several of my planned T2 traits.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2010, 10:49:20 am »

Fujin, Goddess of Wisdom, Power and the Hunt

Fujin has no specific form, but instead appears to each person in the form which most befits them. When a statue or other object is made of Her, She is most often shown as a female of the designing species and wears white, flowing robes. She is often depicted holding a bow, or the species equivalent, and is usually aiming it at a prize animal to the species. If She is not shown wielding a bow She is usually instead shown holding books.

Primary Sphere: Religion
Action:  2
Reaction:  2
Power:  1
Armour:  2
Perception:  -
Stealth:  -
Range:  -

Military
Action:  1
Reaction:  -
Power:  -
Armour:  -

Population
Action:  1
Power:  1
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 11:54:24 am by Kashyyk »

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2010, 04:34:29 pm »

Bump!
Also, as a Goddess of the Hunt, I think you might be my mortal enemy.  :D

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2010, 06:16:07 pm »

Lintok

Food
harvesting (T1 10)
planting (T2 10 Tribal organization, harvesting)
green hexes

Population
Action:
Reaction:Tribal organization (T1 10)
Power:-
Armour: Hut building (T1 10)
Generation: 

Military
Action:  -
Reaction: 
Armour:
Generation: Militia (T1 5)

Religion
Action:  -
Perception:-
Generation: belief (T1 5)

Description tomorrow.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2010, 11:50:14 pm »

Also, as a Goddess of the Hunt, I think you might be my mortal enemy.  :D

Seeing as how you two are the only deities so far, that would imply some sort of worldwide ideological divide between the hunter species and the farmer species. Interesting concept.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2010, 11:52:31 pm »

The fighting should be quite interesting, larger numbers and better ability to fortify there area verses better fighting skills.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34