Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 629028 times)

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
Mount and Blade
« on: February 05, 2010, 03:37:39 pm »

So I get the trial and start playing, learn go to training camp yadda yadda. Get really impressed get new armor,couple of soldiers and sign up for some king called matheas or something see a battle with some friendly lord against an enemy lord. Fight Get even more impressed at the awesome battles and such.
Oh yeah Mount and Blade general discussion thread.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 03:42:56 pm »

The search function, you know of it?
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=24576.0

But yeah its a good game. Slightly lacking in content though.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 03:59:49 pm »

That thread is a little old... I don't think a new one would hurt all too much, perhaps?

Anyways, I'm waiting for the expansion to come out...

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 04:09:23 pm »

Its pretty awesome at first. Theres lots to do and it looks great. Then you start to think, "If I can do all of this, why can't I do more?" There is a lot of room for improvement. Before too long it starts to almost feel like grinding. And all the mods do for the most part is add extra weapons/armor, though some have some clever scripting done to them to give you more game options.
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 04:10:05 pm »

About as old as the ever reviving elona thread, and the last post was just little over one month ago in that M&B thread.
Will there be something interessting in the expansion?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 04:11:54 pm »

Multi-player mode.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 04:29:53 pm »

And a new faction, apparently. Also there's supposed to be more options in singleplayer mode, though I don't know any of the details. I wish they would give us a bit of info.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 04:31:11 pm »

Wait, what, really?  Glorious.

Anyway, I really miss the Dark Knights from the first version I ever had.  .808, or something.

It'd also be nice if generic Farmers were more easily recruitable, or I could join fights between parties I'm neutral to (Say, if I wanted to save a Vaegir caravan from some Swadians or whatever).  Or... well, a lot of stuff could be improved, really.  I don't want to attack caravans or villages, but then I can't initiate hostilities on any of the kingdoms.

Nowadays, whenever I try to play again, I usually end up giving up on the file before I even join a faction.  I'm not sure if they still offer you a fief once you hit renown 100 or whatever, but I rarely get that far... :\

I also miss the Paleolithic mod, from version .808 or so.  It loaded really quick on my old crappy computer, and that was just awesome.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 04:51:27 pm »

Since I bought the game ages ago when it was nothing but a really obscure indie project hiding on the net, I was auto-magically accepted into the Warband expansion multiplayer beta testers.

What I notice so far?

New weapons, armor, shinier graphics (bump mapping on items), and most importantly - running down Ruskies with my lance and getting shot in the face by Chinese with bows who type silly. The netcode seems surprisingly well done -I remember them saying there would never be MP in M&B- there's none of this registering melee hits from 15 feet away like some other games.

Considering the damage is always full scale (unlike the standard game which defaults to 1/4) You will die really, really fast if you don't learn how to block&dodge.

Game modes that I've played so far are: team deathmatch (last man standing), and capture the flag (two constant spawns with flags close by and people charging the hell out of each other) It works like Counterstrike, in that you are rewarded for kills and winning matches and gain money which can be used to buy different equipment for your class. Classes are infantry, archer, and horseman.

You don't gain skills in MP, so it's not like anyone is riding around on a horse sniping everyone in the face while galloping full speed (fucking Khergits).

Full server 64 player matches are amazing. That being said, I can post more information and screenshots if anyone wants.

Also, as I mentioned in the other thread, get Polished Landscapes:
It makes the game look like Stalker with minimal performance hit.

Screenshots:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 05:00:40 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 05:11:57 pm »

Yeah, I bought this game on steam. Its pretty fun until you own everything in one it.

Also, those screen shots look amazing!

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 05:31:46 pm »

Yea, M&B Warband (the expansion) is great fun. My favorite is the battle server where if you go down you're down for the round. It makes tactics much more important instead of everyone just rushing in. I haven't played it in about a month, though - got busy with other things and wound up getting into some other games.

Each of the factions has a bit of a different feel to it in the multiplayer, and they are pretty well balanced given the differences. Nobody likes playing against Khergits, though - horse archers are kind of a pain. They get the super maneuverable steppe horse, and a good player can just outmaneuver everyone and slowly pick off the enemy team, even horribly outnumbered with 10 cavalry on coursers chasing him around (I've done it before, heh - I had to do ride-by arrow pickups from my slain teammates to have enough ammo).

Great game, though.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 05:36:41 pm »

Scratch that I can buy it in the UK never mind.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 08:40:58 pm by Huesoo »
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 05:37:48 pm »

I think that your not allowed to ask for serial keys in bay12.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 06:30:44 pm »

I wish I knew all the different things necessary to mod this game. I've got some really simple additions to make but no real way of going about them. Also, does anyone else find that any type of polearm, no matter how far it claims to reach, always seems to barely get past your horses head? Makes it annoying because my horse usually has a further reach for trampling people than my spear has for stabbing.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 06:48:44 pm »

Since I bought the game ages ago when it was nothing but a really obscure indie project hiding on the net, I was auto-magically accepted into the Warband expansion multiplayer beta testers.
Wheee! I've just tried and indeed I got unknowingly accepted for apparently the same reason.
And to think that I bought this game for less than ten pounds.
I'm just sad that Onin no Ran mod was never ported to the full version.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 310