Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 633540 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #2520 on: July 23, 2012, 12:49:31 pm »

I just saw a new weapon in Floris and fell in love instantly.

Grosser Zweihandler (Translates as Huge Twohander... go figure..
A freaking 2H sword with... waiforit... 160 reach.

It's longer than most polearms and hits harder than any of them (53 swing).

The only problem?
It's a mercenary weapon and most likely only attainable through winning tournaments and being lucky.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: July 24, 2012, 11:26:54 am »

I wondering if there was a mod based on China's Three Kingdoms period, and funnily enough, I found one...

Only it's buggy, and is guaranteed to crash every few minutes. The translation is just awful, and it uses some pretty poor language(one line your character says while hearing one of the villains talk is "What is this bullshit?. Prepare to die!", and that's not the worst of it). And it's not even historically accurate, since while travelling through the Japanese Empire(was Japan even an empire in 200AD?) I came across Sanada Yukimora. Odd, considering Yuki wasn't born for another 1300 years.

The only good thing was the graphics. Some of that armor looked fantastic.

Does anyone know of a better mod for that time period, for the original?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: July 27, 2012, 11:13:03 am »

It only crashed because it's for version 1.4something, not the current version.  That's common with all the mods that haven't been updated to the current version.

But yeah, the ROTK mod was too silly for my tastes.  As soon as I saw that my companions included a bear, I was out.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: July 27, 2012, 12:00:16 pm »

A bear companion in China? That's a bit far-fetched even by my standards.

If it was a tiger on the other hand...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: July 28, 2012, 08:55:56 am »

To be fair, one of the bear companions was a panda bear.  The other seemed to be a brown bear that was decidedly out of place.  Note I'm going from memory here, as it's incompatability with the current version keeps me from testing it out again.

Also note that the mod bills itself as Dynasty Warriors / ROTK.  Hence the arcadey fantasy feel.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: July 28, 2012, 05:56:18 pm »

If I can put a tin hat on that bear I dont give a stuff how lore breaking it is, thats freaking awesome.

Reality can take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut.  I have the right to arm bears dammit.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #2526 on: July 28, 2012, 06:00:51 pm »

Reality can take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut.  I have the right to arm bears dammit.

But NOT the right to bear arms.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: July 29, 2012, 04:50:49 pm »

If I can put a tin hat on that bear I dont give a stuff how lore breaking it is, thats freaking awesome.

Sorry, you can't change the bear's equipment (most likely because the "bear" is actually a bear suit, but without being able to access the bear's equipment it is hard to tell).

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: July 29, 2012, 09:22:17 pm »

Figured it was something like that, its a pity though, some more variations in the character models could open this game up even more for modding.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: July 29, 2012, 10:02:33 pm »

How did I miss we having a M&B thread.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: July 29, 2012, 10:41:24 pm »

Same as me. You never looked.

You all knew that you could find a rival to any of the kings, support the rival, and become your own kingdom? I mean, the rival guy is the new king, but he asks you what to do with cities you capture, and you're the de facto marshal, basically you're the man behind the throne.
I did this as a Nordic lord. I had Yalen, filled with six hundred huscarls and a truly hideous amount of various other soldiers. It switched sides, because rebelling takes any turf you own.
I had to fight six hundred fucking huscarls. Plus supporting troops. It was insane.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: July 30, 2012, 09:27:41 am »

You all knew that you could find a rival to any of the kings, support the rival, and become your own kingdom? I mean, the rival guy is the new king, but he asks you what to do with cities you capture, and you're the de facto marshal, basically you're the man behind the throne.
I did this as a Nordic lord. I had Yalen, filled with six hundred huscarls and a truly hideous amount of various other soldiers. It switched sides, because rebelling takes any turf you own.
I had to fight six hundred fucking huscarls. Plus supporting troops. It was insane.

That is why I'm going to attempt to mod in neutral troop garrisons, It'll be so much easier to rebel.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: July 30, 2012, 10:10:17 am »

That is why I'm going to attempt to mod in neutral troop garrisons, It'll be so much easier to rebel.

I just play Warband, where I can be a king de facto instead of a marshal de facto, but both are fun.  I like to do a rebellion before declaring for myself, as it gives me all those juicy castles and cities.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: July 31, 2012, 12:27:31 pm »

Several mods in the original allow this too. I've already completely conquered the Rhodoks in Sword of Damocles, and after building up all the villages and castles, I'll be heading out to take the next kingdom.

Which should I choose? A rapid beatdown of a large Swadian deserter party shows that Void-worshipping Villianese Longbows rip through Swad infantry, but on the other hand, I don't think the Khergits even use shields.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: July 31, 2012, 01:01:17 pm »

Several mods in the original allow this too. I've already completely conquered the Rhodoks in Sword of Damocles, and after building up all the villages and castles, I'll be heading out to take the next kingdom.

Which should I choose? A rapid beatdown of a large Swadian deserter party shows that Void-worshipping Villianese Longbows rip through Swad infantry, but on the other hand, I don't think the Khergits even use shields.

No, Khergits use horses and run over puny arrowspitters.  I've actually never played that particular mod, but I'd suggest some sort of knights to defeat the Khergits in the field.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 310