Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Diplomacy  (Read 970 times)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Diplomacy
« on: November 05, 2007, 12:24:00 pm »

Allright, we all know, that military - armies are going to be added in the next "big" release.
My question is related to this. Diplomacy will be very important after we have the military system. [Making alliances, request for military help, offer military help etc.] I was just browsing the Cores, and havent found anything regarding diplomacy.
However:
Core29, DUCHY, (Future): An extension of the county, receiving a duke would increase your population, outside infrastructure and interaction with the world. Requires Core28
Core30, KINGDOM, (Future): If you manage to get the king, you should obtain control of the corresponding dwarven civilization. This includes the movement of all dwarven armies on the map, to the extent that you can send orders to them. Requires Core29.

Perhaps these are the cores what will give us a diplo system?
Do we have to get the king or it will be enough to have a duke?

Doler 12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 01:30:00 pm »

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev_v1.html
DIPLOMACY ARC: There should be a lot more diplomacy between your outpost and the outside world, especially as you get more nobles. Right now there's hardly anything. Related to PowerGoal10.  
So there are some plans for dip
BLOCKQUOTE>quote:
Originally posted by Helmaroc:
<STRONG>I saw one peasant and all his family was dead of old age. Nephews, parents, grandparents, children, brothers. All dead. I let him jo

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 05:16:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Doler 12:
<STRONG>http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev_v1.html
DIPLOMACY ARC: There should be a lot more diplomacy between your outpost and the outside world, especially as you get more nobles. Right now there's hardly anything. Related to PowerGoal10.  
So there are some plans for dip</STRONG>

Ooooh, thanks. Ive missed this somehow, or just forgot about it.   :)