Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48

Author Topic: Sigtext  (Read 962361 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Sigtext
« Reply #660 on: February 03, 2017, 11:46:09 am »

Damn, that's like being sigged twice. I made that courtyard. It's my personal symbol.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 24, 2017, 12:22:10 am »

Sig is already overflowing.

We're the ultimate buddy-"cop" duo. He's the one "finds" evildoers, and I'm the one to "apprehend" the "criminals".

Pocket the clay phone thing. Attempt opening communication channel with everyone.
Nobody replies. How sad. Here you had a friend in the making and you just go steal his soul. Now nobody wants to talk to you and you're all alone.

GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 08:51:50 pm by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 06, 2017, 02:34:10 pm »

Today my dwarves elected a mayor that "has a poor ability to manage or understand social relationships" and "quite poor focus".

Good use of democracy, Urist McFuckwits.
I want you to imagine someone seeing a bird, saying "oh s**t a vulture" and climbing a three story building.
I suppose that's where the limits of the simulation finally come up: Dwarf Fortress will track the weight of an unborn fetus, but not the weight of the clothes he's wearing.
Great. The prince is only a year old and he's already an egomaniac.[/spoiler]
holy shit maybe we don't do exposé on the hungry dead what the fuuuuuck territory.
I was thinking more like a raven crawls out of your skull leaving most of a human corpse behind.
Well played you glorious scumbag.
Every once in a while the game makes somebody with insanely high stats for no apparent reason other than "why not." This sounds like one of those cases.
Then they'll jump into magma for no fucking reason at all.  Fuck you, dwarves.
They choked on their own vomit due to drinking too much, most likely. I have had that happen, but I saved that dwarf through cheating: using the dfhack command clean all removed the vomit from her lungs and she could breathe again. And went right back to drinking.
Life is just a long series of broken dreams and abandoned forum games.
Do not try to clear your sinuses with fresh jalapenos, it just lights your mouth on fire and then you have a cold and are also on fire.
No, Sheb, I refuse to be sigged yet again.  I think there's three people running around with me in their sigs, I don't think I could take the stress of a fourth.  My skin crawls just imagining it...
I love kidnapping puppies.
I've spent all day trying to free up space on my computer, no matter how much I deleted it never seemed to help. Then switched to my second desktop and realized my audio editing software was open and I'd been recording for 60 hours.
fuck periods, all ideas can be grouped into the ultimate sentence.
Meshes even better with everyone getting themselves horribly murdered all the time. Free orphans for everyone!
How do these ''politicians'' behave in game
They kinda act like a less effective but more interesting and evil form of humans.
Realism?
I so badly want to sig this, but I would be quoting myself and that feels pompous.
I think Scourge just created the artifact that will one day inspire the Internet.
-snip- I would also like to report that I "accidentally" made the fire breathing snakes have arms also made out of fire, as well as having those arms come out of their eyes. Whoops. It doesn't really work, so I'm going to try to fix it. -snip-
DAMN IT! I have been spending years and years tripying to be sigged! Every single metric ounce of my fibre is dedicated to nothing but one day making my way into someone's sig! THEN WHY DOES SOMEONE NAMED BLARG POURING SMALL POTATOES ON PEOPLE GET INTO A SIG!!!!!!!! FUCK POTATOES!!!!!!!!
Blarg creates a big stinky pile of shit on E2.
Snag stares blankly for a while and then declares that Mexico.
Pathos knows the gate.
Pathos is the gate.
Pathos is the key and guardian of the gate.
Past, present, future, all are one in Pathos.
He knows where the Spambots broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
He knows where They have trod earth's fields, and where They still tread them, and why no one can behold Them as They tread.
Because really, who wants to live in a universal plane of reality without good old BoatMurdered?
Now a siege has came, but there are so many corpses in my fort that the retreating goblins are haggard, one is throwing a tantrum and the other one has slipped into depression.
...because they know what players can do with bridges when displeased.
When has killing people randomly ever been a bad thing?
It's called "the average woman chasing after the stereotypical man."  You don't become a breadwinner by virtue of having a lot of time.  I would posit that chasing after the perpetually unavailable is, for many people, just the way things is.
See Wile. E. Coyote.
This is why most of my dates tend to involve rocket-packs or large boulders being dropped off cliffs.
Note to self: get Acme Luck if ever on date.
Don't listen to him guys, women can smell your fear and their nails are razor sharp.
Because feelings are generally stupid and irrational. Your brain is like get over it, but your heart brain is like NEVER, and the rest of you just wants those two to get their shit together.

Scumbag brain.

We could just clone toady and in force his soul into the new body via some ancient dark ritual.

We could even use the pyramid for its intended purpose violating the most fundamental laws of nature and man
I imagine df and dfhack would merge into a huge monster that would be fueled by babies and pupies and souls of the damned. Though bugfixes would be guaranteed.
Well it was on page 7 or something.  It's not like I pay attention to dates?  What's an August?  It's Malachite of 112 here.  You're weird.
Wearing sports jerseys = Cosplay
magical ghosts actually have a normal part in the ecosystem that we've created
Do you WANT a tantrum spiral where the worst offenders are ungodly monstrosities who wear steel not to protect themselves, but to hide their scarred and desecrated body from civilians?
Yes. It'd be beautiful.
This guy gets it, the problem with the child torture dungeon is that they weren't set on fire first.
While interesting I assume, it doesn't -really- contribute to the work of destroying young children's minds and bodies to reforge the scraps into hardened horrors.
Man. I can't remember if I've ever been sigged before. So close!
I hope the lawnmower uprising more than makes up for it.
My taste for the blood of children has gone unsated
Still feeding children to badgers is what science is all about so it bears testing.
if you put 10 kittens into a room with a FB 9 will die and the other one will become a legendary fighter and kill it.
You are objectively the worst person in the history of forever.

I love you, have my babies and train them to be implacable killing machines via this method.
"Well, Mr. Urist, there's good news and bad news. The good news is that your spine had only mild bruising. The bad news is that our intern took your legs off anyway."
Oh yes, I remember the tales of Mormund the Vicious: The greatest warrior who fought with twenty-five arrows and a ballista bolt hanging out of him.
PETA are modern-day elves. Fuck them.
Urist McUnfriendlyDoctor the Butcher of Patients: 17 notable kills
Urist: Hi doc, just here for my checkup.  If all is good I'll go back to work.
Urist:Ok Urist, lemme just take a quick look see here...  CANCER!  You have cancer!
Urist: I have what?  How can that be? I feel fine!
Urist: Nurse Urist, please remove this dwarf's heart to prevent his blood cancer from spreading.  Next patient!
I think I would be caught up on a cabinet of raven teeth. Loads of sharp edges, I expect.
We're terrible people.
What is a good thing.
[CE_NUMBNESS:SEV:30000:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ALL:START:0:PEAK:60]
The syndrome code above will make the afflicted victim feel no pain, permanently.
Tested this in arena mode, the UberDorf was able to keep fighting, even with lots of broken bones.

The syndrome code below will permanently disable eyes, making for excellent siege operators:
[CE_IMPAIR_FUNCTION:SEV:30000:PROB:100:BP:BY_TYPE:SIGHT:ALL:START:0:PEAK:60]

This last syndrome kills anything that bleeds within a few steps:
[CE_BLEEDING:SEV:30000:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:ALL:START:0:PEAK:60]
Holy necropost batman
I just want to know if demons are butcher-able, and edible.
Urist McGeneral: Fear not the goblin hordes in that dark tower! For tonight, WE DINE ON PLUMP HELMETS IN HELL!
Urist McSpeardwarf: I've actually done that.
Urist McGeneral: Come again?
Urist McGeneral: I've eaten a roast made of plump helmets grown in Hell.
Urist McGeneral: Who, here, in the what now?
Urist McSpeardwarf: My cousin owns a little restaurant the next fort over that's actually in Hell. The back wall is slade and everything. A demon even came in while I was eating and started roaring at us. Some minor named Urist stared at it for a second, set his biscuit down, and jammed his pick into its brain.
Urist McSwordsman: You're putting us on.
Urist McSpeardwarf: Heck, I've got its skull right here in my backpack. Check this out.
Urist McGeneral: SWEET MERCIFUL ARMOK!
Urist McSpearfwarf: RARRR... I'm a big bad Falcon Demon named Murray who doesn't know what a Legendary Miner is. I'm a MONSTAAA! RARRRR! Oh, oh, pick in my brain. Down I go.
hell-cannon that shoots demons
I just had an evilgasm.
My brain just burst... THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING THING I HAVE EVER SEEN! You are Armok incarnate!
To the OP:

You... you just... you beat the game. You, sir, have beaten the game at a level no one has done before. How does it feel?
BREAKING NEWS - Physicist Stephen Hawking declared that the flow of time in the vicinity of Earth may be slowed by the recent demographic explosion of cats. More information later.
MasterLagoz Lizard Moveset Guide
I think lizard players are just going through the signature move list to find a mythical game breaker move. It might not even be there, but gosh darn it, they are going find it.
Skymin Slash Stream BabyPyroshark
as long as the curiosity rover doesnt join your match you should all be fine
17:542: CONTROLS ARWE A CONSPIRACTY
17:47: Trip to bathroom interesting expertience.  I have spider in my bathroom, will name Mr. Samasa.  Nased black widow that once.  Can't stay straight oh god so much vodka.

DreaDreamer RTgames having a chill build day stream
If you see something, say something. Don't tolerate upheaval of the regime in your friendly neighborhood diner!)

LindyBeige Tanks of the future
If, in the future, we still live in a world which has things like mass and, momentum in it a-and I-I think that's likely to be the case

Call me Kevin Sims 4 but the grim reaper moved in next door agardner99
Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jim the Pickens? It's not one the living would tell you. He brought Death upon others to prolong his own existence, but eventually fell for Him himself. Ironic.

You're all terrible, awful, terrible, terrible hilarious people.   And we're building up the east wall.

Alright, enough's enough.  As for the wall, I lost a mason.  He went berserk when he didn't get the stuff he wanted for a mood, so one of the Earthen Quills got to use him for target practice.  By target practice, I mean he beat his head in with his crossbow.

Those demon spawn traps of Oaktree's have actually worked better than expected so far - I've only had a single demon attack since i set a few up.  They generally either spawn well away from the current building site, or inside one of the traps.

Congratulations Oaktree, you broke the random demon spawns of hell.

SLAVE LABOR!
SCORE~

Damn dorf fortress, you scary.

Damn uppity slave labour, I swear...

THE WORLD SHALL KNOW THE POWER OF MAGMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can anyone else feel Toady's burning glare hating Aussie and furiously fixing the Clown's pathing and behavior so players need to come up with more elaborate and fantastic methods of screwing them?

Hell has been properly, pwned, tea-bagged and trolled.

ooOOOooOOOOooOOOOO!

I just plump helmeted my pantaloons.

I like to think of it as dealing with the devil and winning the deed to his property.

‼LEATHER‼

There's no troll like a trollollo trolollllololollllllol

HAPPY FOR THE HAPPY GOD!
JOY FOR THE JOY THRONE
And so they lived happily ever after, and nothing voilent happened.

LOL, banana wins.

BANNANA ALWAYS WINS

shinies precious i need shinies to make my best creation ever all will adore it and love me but i need shinies right now SHINIES!!!!!!!!!!

No no no, you're getting that confused with family game night.
Life's a party
And now death is as well!

HEY GUYS!! LOOK AT THIS DOOR!! THIS F***IN DOOR MAN!!! OH MY ARMOK JUST LOOK AT IT!! I COULD STARE AT IT ALL DAY!

Has Doren ever had a strange mood? If not, she's doomed, DOOMED I SAY! We're all DOOMED! DOOMED to a life with no leather! Woe! Woe!

Someone didn't eat their Cheery-o's this morning.
Forest Gremlin - A thieving little shit found in both temperate and tropical forests, as well as wetlands.

Ghost babies are haunting everyone, which is to be expected given the quantity of dead baby.

[consolidated with prior posts]

BADGERS ARE MADE OF PASTA

So, let me tell you a story.

Once upon a time, there was a dwarf.

He totally beat the shit out of everything near him for no reason.

THE END.

By "The End", what I really meant was "is surrounded by a continual nightmare of horror"/ Which, when you think about it, is basically the same thing.

Yeah, the fortress is flooding. I probably should have mentioned that.

Magma is peace
Happiness is slavery
Berserk is strenght
-The Ministry of Urist slogan

Also: There is a bull skeleton inside of the screw pump. Because if there were a deadn bull, who WOULDN';T wedge its rotting corpse into the nearest piece of machinery?

Could you NOT kill someone? Like, once? Maybe try it on, see if it fits?

Some asshole has gone berserk because of COuRSE he did. Zugklar? Does Zuglar mean anything to anyonje? Because I';mm  pretty sure he's an asshole

Just for the record? Scruffty is a FUDKER. I think there are ore ghists than dwarves. We're all going to die.

Peach-faced loverbird man sounds like a homophobic slur. Soem years ago I learned that a mocking bird is a real bird too, so now this is merely strange.

Multilingual Drunk Fortress? My entertainment just got educative!

posted edit. don't know why im posting right now other than Im drink

Humans seem like perfect strawmen to illustrate some greater being's fallacious point in a divine argument.
You see? We don't need to worry about the influx of newcomers from the Steam release... We're perfectly capable of ruining the forums all on our own!
Welp, there is absolutely no sign that this area can support life in any capacity. Time to strike the earth!
I bet you 10$ if you managed to insult Trump's inability to produce a Harambe rap he'd do it within a day. Within an hour, maybe. During a staff meeting.
Little Baby Meatshield(tm)  does not perform as well in recent versions of the game though.
"Why isn't this baby blocking all these hits, it must be defective."
So it's basically a cage, but you can put babies into it?
Break that vicious cycle of boxiness! Be proactive! Choose cremation.
Being Human, a Guide;

Step 1: put everything in boxes.
Step 2: put the boxes in boxes.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: have an existential crisis when things inevitably don't fit neatly in the boxes you made for them. Get drunk and cry.

It's time-honored Bay12 tradition to pick apart threads like this! We use the discombobulated ramblings of the OP as a base on which to build our own discombobulated ramblings.
Is that sarcasm?
Nope. Hallucinogenic mushrooms really is the best explanation we have for this thread's existence.
Frequent frogs are the best. This poem makes solid sense! They almost match my mad fantasy world from where my very avatar and username come from...
guys.. just a quick question here. what are the advantages and disadvantages of getting a peloton bike? i am getting one from https://www.used.forsale/peloton-bike. what are your thoughts on this?
Well for one thing they make sure your spambots are in really good shape
That furthers my childish dick joke on so many levels ;D
I prefer the mental image of a dwarf struggling against a beak dog or something, getting hungry, and just swallowing it whole before rejoining the fight.
EDIT: I missed that there's a fifth and sixth volume in the series. Now to check that I didn't somehow miss a volume 7 of the Game Of Thrones of butt-pounding fiction.
Forgot about Terraria. Terraria is good enough.

A rousing endorsement if ever there was one.

I'm pretty sure my 600-hour Steam review says "It's okay."
You ever get those moments as an atheist, where it feels like the world is desperately trying to convince you to believe in a higher power? Because this entire week has been filled with string after string of non-stop coincidences.

From search algorithms giving recommendations that seem tailor made to a private conversation I had in person, to someone on an English reddit thread providing a link to a video in the foreign language of the region I just happened to move into a week ago, it’s all just too much! I know statistically speaking, coincidences our bound to happen but there are just so many!

Ah well, it will stop soon enough. The dice are bound to fail eventually.

Once is chance, twice is a coincidence, thrice is enemy action, and fice isn't a word.
0.1% habanero. A tenth of a percent. This is some goddamn homeopathic cuisine right here.
Sever part containing insufficient blood. Find healthy human. Cannibalize for parts.
Blood shortage solved, no need for transfusion.

Side effects of this strategy include being unable to date pisskop
Bloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodbloodblood
did repeatedly punching a giant bronze monstrosity give my dwarfs the incredible insight to observe that it wasn't really doing much?
- I observe that punching the bronze colossus shattered every bone in my arm.

- Legend!

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
Mah Sigs
« Reply #663 on: August 02, 2017, 04:58:44 pm »

Equipped shields can withstand dragonfire, because Dwarven courage burns even hotter.
Congrats, Derpy Dev. You are the only man who can't intentionally find his way to Hell.
My Home is not a Hospice, you sick Hobbos
It's not like they put a "Made in China" sticker on Robert E. Lee's ass.
Great, now the image of singing Queen Derpy Dev and dancing fireflies around can't get out of my mind.
oh fuck there's a giant fire breathing T-Rex that just decided to show up. If you need me I'll be in a fetal position under my desk.
There's not enough weed in the world for this kind of crap.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 05:34:33 pm by Derpy Dev »

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 18, 2017, 11:54:22 pm »

From my sigtext:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 04, 2017, 04:56:10 pm »

Can I reserve a spot here for when my signature Grows any larger?

Quote from: RedMageCole
Having dwarven pride is a lot like American pride. You shout how proud you are to be one, until you realize that the vast majority of them are complete and utter dumbasses.

Quote from: MetalSlimeHunt
There's no absolute demarcation between a slave who is legally property and a slave who is legally free but cannot control their own destiny. Nonetheless, both are forms of slavery.

First thing I thought when I read "aircraft carrier" and "provide aid" was "explosive euthanasia" and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Donald Trump supports free speech except burning the flag should be a felony and people shouldn't be allowed to question the authority of the President and libel laws should apply to criticism of public figures and neo-nazis should be allowed to march around assaulting minorities and hecklers at rallies should be lynched by the mob and people who oppose the President should be publicly targeted by him for his followers and news organizations shouldn't be allowed to speak ill of the government and people who run against him in elections should be jailed and

You know, free speech*!

It's a bad sign when the good news is that no world power has threatened to nuke each other for the last few days, so we're getting a break.
Bearskie is an elf.  Elves like trees.  Trees are like plants.  Plants are mashed to paper.  Paper is a document.  Documents are in PDF.  PDF are used in archives.  Archives are great halls.  This is Hall of Legends.  My vote is to the elf.  The elf is Bearskie!
I can see it now. Once workshops come out to the raws, I'll make the Dwarven Abortion Clinic, which requires a metal coat hanger and a bucket to construct.

Just Q on over and... (a)bort that Champion's pregnancy! It's for the good of the fortress, after all.

[ETHIC_ABORT_FETUS][JUSTIFIED_IF_DELICIOUS]

Hmmm, was this too far beyond PC for these forums? You're all hypocrites if you say so. ;)
Eating sapients is currently bugged. Might be fixed in the next release.

Eating sapients may be bugged... but is building castles with them?
Being awarded three hungry zombies because a necrocrat knocked you over while in a hurry might not seem like a good thing, but that's the kind of legal system I see showing up someday in DF. Internally consistent, but with occasionally very strange or unpleasant outcomes for any and all parties involved.
Honestly I think this discussion has been surprisingly civil thus far (I actually expected it to go downhill much faster than it did). It's been somewhat heated, true, but only a few posts resorted to using actual insults (and fairly mild ones, at that). Not defending it, just saying I've seen FAR worse.
Just the sort of mealy-mouthed liberal garbage a Plump Helmet Man would spit out!
Muahahahaha! I get a mention in the diary. Crushed a perfectly good apple. I'll crush more than apples next time you fuck up around my dad, twerp. I'll bake you a cake, stick it in front of you, and when you think you're going to get your face pushed in it, I'm just going to pick it up and drop it upside down on the floor.

Quote from: Dunamisdeos
Quote from: :Gatleos

Okay bear with me on this one.

A real-time strategy / puzzle game where you have a horde of peons to do your bidding, but none of them are working of their own free will. You start with a set of resources that you can use as leverage (e.g. access to the only food supply, a monopoly on violence, the means of minting currency, or hostages of some kind) and you need to set up insane webs of convoluted incentive structures to get them to act in the way you want. The trick is to set up a Prisoner's Dilemma scenario, where it is in the best interest of your peons to continue doing what you want them to do, rather than cooperating to topple your control.
This game is called "parenting". I recommend against a horde, it's way easier to micromanage individual units.

which means the goblin would be pair off with some Demonic hellspawn daughter.
that would range from animal that twisted into a shape of man to flying eye ball and every thing between.
That is pretty close to what goblins actually do. (They have a tendency to have demon leaders.)
this could explain why we have Night creatures.
Too many goblin demon love children in their forts, that they just gave them all a shovel and kick them out.
I figure that horse counties represent low-key democracies where the population runs things themselves and the bureaucracy just props up the horse as a way to be technically feudal.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 09:49:10 pm by Paxiecrunchle »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 08, 2017, 01:36:25 pm »

By posting, that's essentially what you've done.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 15, 2017, 12:19:41 pm »

Spoiler: Autumn sig cleaning! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 12:35:35 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 03, 2017, 03:23:30 am »

Quote from: Someone on another forum about Tohsaka Rin
It just happened that an "ancient japanese lineage" traditionally practices and passes down through generations a "traditional german magic". Magic in general is a very conservative thing."

Meet the babies!

One flamethrower please!
All that remains the abhorrent consequence, a thin ichor, sickly in its verdancy, its surface branded by a shallow crescent of small pellucid pustules. The stench hits you, good god that stench, it is the redolent mephitis, the olfactory intrusion, of that unspeakable virescent viridescence that flourishes in the forsaken depths of the wild and the lands that man had relinquished to its dominion, carried aloft upon the zephyr of the godless heavens. They present it to you, a blasphemous concoction sealed within a cycloidal receptacle by both the Stygian walls of its obsidian prison and by the inexorable beckoning of a land forgotten to the earth itself.

It's sort of like matcha green tea in that is literally matcha green tea.
I know that when I testify in a murder trial, I need AT LEAST 12 pounds of weed.
I have had some success tying investigators up by creating an absolute fuckton of mystique cards from painting. They'll sometimes spend so long chewing on mystique that their evidence and my notoriety will expire.
"HEY INVESTIGATOR! YOU DON'T WANNA COMPILE EVIDENCE ON THOSE CORPSES! YOU WANNA LOOK AT MY PAINTINGS!
PAIIIIIINTIIIIINGS! PRETTY! LOOK!"
Was something that always bothered me, you've got a bonus to recalling dead gods, but those gods were either immortal to begin with or came back with nothing more than a few spare parts and an Ikea instruction pamphlet.
My dwarf went to "attend a meeting" with expedition leader TAD. In Horrofailed, meeting the expedition leader means hitting them. Multiple times.
And then a Elf Axeman vampire and a Elf Axelord vampire and Cave Fish Blowgunner vampire and an Olm Man Blowgunner vampire all hollered "I must withdraw!"
OBI-WAN's ship arriving on the table. Nose plugs are inserted and the collective wisdom of the Starfighter rips through a mass of wires
DARTH VADER: I couldn't possibly be as bad as all that.
Take a pig and start walking, sister
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 03:13:43 pm by MCreeper »

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 03, 2017, 01:12:54 pm »

MCreeper, to get a link to your sigtext you click the "Re:Sigtext" above your post, copy the URL when it loads you back in, and copy-paste into your signature.

For example, here's a link to your post I'm replying to:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49316.msg7608728#msg7608728

EDIT: And to make it look nicer:

Sig Text #2 Example
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 05, 2017, 04:00:26 am »

Thanks!  :D

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 14, 2017, 05:13:35 pm »

crap screwed up ignore

VolcanoQueen

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably a robot or something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 05, 2017, 09:19:35 pm »

It's even better if you take the three words before it as well.
then you breath zombie bees.
Do not fear death, as life only ends when the meat tower falls.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 05, 2017, 09:39:35 pm »

Quote from: RedMageCole on July 12, 2017, 09:05:31 pm
Having dwarven pride is a lot like American pride. You shout how proud you are to be one, until you realize that the vast majority of them are complete and utter dumbasses.

Quote from: MetalSlimeHunt on September 02, 2017, 06:45:30 pm
There's no absolute demarcation between a slave who is legally property and a slave who is legally free but cannot control their own destiny. Nonetheless, both are forms of slavery.

First thing I thought when I read "aircraft carrier" and "provide aid" was "explosive euthanasia" and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Donald Trump supports free speech except burning the flag should be a felony and people shouldn't be allowed to question the authority of the President and libel laws should apply to criticism of public figures and neo-nazis should be allowed to march around assaulting minorities and hecklers at rallies should be lynched by the mob and people who oppose the President should be publicly targeted by him for his followers and news organizations shouldn't be allowed to speak ill of the government and people who run against him in elections should be jailed and

You know, free speech*!
It's a bad sign when the good news is that no world power has threatened to nuke each other for the last few days, so we're getting a break.
Bearskie is an elf.  Elves like trees.  Trees are like plants.  Plants are mashed to paper.  Paper is a document.  Documents are in PDF.  PDF are used in archives.  Archives are great halls.  This is Hall of Legends.  My vote is to the elf.  The elf is Bearskie!
I can see it now. Once workshops come out to the raws, I'll make the Dwarven Abortion Clinic, which requires a metal coat hanger and a bucket to construct.

Just Q on over and... (a)bort that Champion's pregnancy! It's for the good of the fortress, after all.

[ETHIC_ABORT_FETUS][JUSTIFIED_IF_DELICIOUS]

Hmmm, was this too far beyond PC for these forums? You're all hypocrites if you say so. ;)
Eating sapients is currently bugged. Might be fixed in the next release.

Eating sapients may be bugged... but is building castles with them?
Being awarded three hungry zombies because a necrocrat knocked you over while in a hurry might not seem like a good thing, but that's the kind of legal system I see showing up someday in DF. Internally consistent, but with occasionally very strange or unpleasant outcomes for any and all parties involved.
Honestly I think this discussion has been surprisingly civil thus far (I actually expected it to go downhill much faster than it did). It's been somewhat heated, true, but only a few posts resorted to using actual insults (and fairly mild ones, at that). Not defending it, just saying I've seen FAR worse.
Just the sort of mealy-mouthed liberal garbage a Plump Helmet Man would spit out!
Muahahahaha! I get a mention in the diary. Crushed a perfectly good apple. I'll crush more than apples next time you fuck up around my dad, twerp. I'll bake you a cake, stick it in front of you, and when you think you're going to get your face pushed in it, I'm just going to pick it up and drop it upside down on the floor.

Quote from: Dunamisdeos on November 14, 2017, 02:16:23 pm

Quote from: Gatleos on November 14, 2017, 02:12:22 pm

Okay bear with me on this one.

A real-time strategy / puzzle game where you have a horde of peons to do your bidding, but none of them are working of their own free will. You start with a set of resources that you can use as leverage (e.g. access to the only food supply, a monopoly on violence, the means of minting currency, or hostages of some kind) and you need to set up insane webs of convoluted incentive structures to get them to act in the way you want. The trick is to set up a Prisoner's Dilemma scenario, where it is in the best interest of your peons to continue doing what you want them to do, rather than cooperating to topple your control.

This game is called "parenting". I recommend against a horde, it's way easier to micromanage individual units.

which means the goblin would be pair off with some Demonic hellspawn daughter.
that would range from animal that twisted into a shape of man to flying eye ball and every thing between.
That is pretty close to what goblins actually do. (They have a tendency to have demon leaders.)
this could explain why we have Night creatures.
Too many goblin demon love children in their forts, that they just gave them all a shovel and kick them out.
We know where this ends. It ends with the evangelical bigots closing ranks in their own small towns, refusing service to people who "endorse sinful behavior" by serving gay couples or divorcees or single women or nonwhite people or whatever they want to claim, and making it impossible for anyone not exactly like them to live there or do business there, let alone own anything. Then, years later, they turn around and claim they're a persecuted minority in need of legal protection since there are no good jobs available in their compounds.

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #674 on: December 11, 2017, 02:50:42 am »

Might as well start this big old thing.
Spoiler: Non-DF or B12 Quotes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bay12 and DF quotes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 09:28:03 am by kingawsume »
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48