Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47]

Author Topic: Sigtext  (Read 314152 times)

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Sigtext
« Reply #690 on: November 03, 2017, 01:12:54 pm »

MCreeper, to get a link to your sigtext you click the "Re:Sigtext" above your post, copy the URL when it loads you back in, and copy-paste into your signature.

For example, here's a link to your post I'm replying to:

EDIT: And to make it look nicer:

Sig Text #2 Example
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
The first time you see this, copy it i

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm the strongest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 05, 2017, 04:00:26 am »

Thanks!  :D
Rest of the sigs
Again, we were meant to scout out the place, bribe the right people, get intel, sneak in, sneak out. We are currently somewhere beneath the crater, fumbling for gasmasks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: November 14, 2017, 05:13:35 pm »

crap screwed up ignore

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably a robot or something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 05, 2017, 09:19:35 pm »

It's even better if you take the three words before it as well.
then you breath zombie bees.
Do not fear death, as life only ends when the meat tower falls.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 05, 2017, 09:39:35 pm »

Can I reserve a spot here for when my signature Grows any larger?

Quote from: RedMageCole on July 12, 2017, 09:05:31 pm
Having dwarven pride is a lot like American pride. You shout how proud you are to be one, until you realize that the vast majority of them are complete and utter dumbasses.

Quote from: MetalSlimeHunt on September 02, 2017, 06:45:30 pm
There's no absolute demarcation between a slave who is legally property and a slave who is legally free but cannot control their own destiny. Nonetheless, both are forms of slavery.

First thing I thought when I read "aircraft carrier" and "provide aid" was "explosive euthanasia" and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Donald Trump supports free speech except burning the flag should be a felony and people shouldn't be allowed to question the authority of the President and libel laws should apply to criticism of public figures and neo-nazis should be allowed to march around assaulting minorities and hecklers at rallies should be lynched by the mob and people who oppose the President should be publicly targeted by him for his followers and news organizations shouldn't be allowed to speak ill of the government and people who run against him in elections should be jailed and

You know, free speech*!
It's a bad sign when the good news is that no world power has threatened to nuke each other for the last few days, so we're getting a break.
Bearskie is an elf.  Elves like trees.  Trees are like plants.  Plants are mashed to paper.  Paper is a document.  Documents are in PDF.  PDF are used in archives.  Archives are great halls.  This is Hall of Legends.  My vote is to the elf.  The elf is Bearskie!
I can see it now. Once workshops come out to the raws, I'll make the Dwarven Abortion Clinic, which requires a metal coat hanger and a bucket to construct.

Just Q on over and... (a)bort that Champion's pregnancy! It's for the good of the fortress, after all.

Hmmm, was this too far beyond PC for these forums? You're all hypocrites if you say so. ;)
Eating sapients is currently bugged. Might be fixed in the next release.

Eating sapients may be bugged... but is building castles with them?
Being awarded three hungry zombies because a necrocrat knocked you over while in a hurry might not seem like a good thing, but that's the kind of legal system I see showing up someday in DF. Internally consistent, but with occasionally very strange or unpleasant outcomes for any and all parties involved.
Honestly I think this discussion has been surprisingly civil thus far (I actually expected it to go downhill much faster than it did). It's been somewhat heated, true, but only a few posts resorted to using actual insults (and fairly mild ones, at that). Not defending it, just saying I've seen FAR worse.
Just the sort of mealy-mouthed liberal garbage a Plump Helmet Man would spit out!
Muahahahaha! I get a mention in the diary. Crushed a perfectly good apple. I'll crush more than apples next time you fuck up around my dad, twerp. I'll bake you a cake, stick it in front of you, and when you think you're going to get your face pushed in it, I'm just going to pick it up and drop it upside down on the floor.

Quote from: Dunamisdeos on November 14, 2017, 02:16:23 pm

Quote from: Gatleos on November 14, 2017, 02:12:22 pm

Okay bear with me on this one.

A real-time strategy / puzzle game where you have a horde of peons to do your bidding, but none of them are working of their own free will. You start with a set of resources that you can use as leverage (e.g. access to the only food supply, a monopoly on violence, the means of minting currency, or hostages of some kind) and you need to set up insane webs of convoluted incentive structures to get them to act in the way you want. The trick is to set up a Prisoner's Dilemma scenario, where it is in the best interest of your peons to continue doing what you want them to do, rather than cooperating to topple your control.

This game is called "parenting". I recommend against a horde, it's way easier to micromanage individual units.

which means the goblin would be pair off with some Demonic hellspawn daughter.
that would range from animal that twisted into a shape of man to flying eye ball and every thing between.
That is pretty close to what goblins actually do. (They have a tendency to have demon leaders.)
this could explain why we have Night creatures.
Too many goblin demon love children in their forts, that they just gave them all a shovel and kick them out.
We know where this ends. It ends with the evangelical bigots closing ranks in their own small towns, refusing service to people who "endorse sinful behavior" by serving gay couples or divorcees or single women or nonwhite people or whatever they want to claim, and making it impossible for anyone not exactly like them to live there or do business there, let alone own anything. Then, years later, they turn around and claim they're a persecuted minority in need of legal protection since there are no good jobs available in their compounds.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 11, 2017, 02:50:42 am »

Might as well start this big old thing.
Spoiler: Non-DF or B12 Quotes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bay12 and DF quotes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 04:56:48 am by kingawsume »
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"
Sig Text

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 30, 2018, 12:16:45 am »

*Sigs List*

((I try to inject Kool Aid into one set of eyeballs and people call me crazy? I need to step my game up.))

((AHAHAHAHAHA! Man, if I end up permadying from this it's gonna have to be enshrined on the front page or something, because 'elemental dissolution during an out-of-body experience caused by injecting a mixture of magic water and kool-aid into his eyes' would be by far the most out there death I've put a character through.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 12:25:21 am by Sir Elventide »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 12, 2018, 10:43:42 am »

More LPs:

The Miroslav Dynasty, Paradox Interactive AAR
"The Miroslavs," or "Miroslav Universalis Crusader Space of Thrones IX." A Pagan duke of Rashka spawns the Hapsburgs on steroids, accidentally all over the world

Stellaris: Never Leave Earth
The year is 2200. Mankind has canceled all funding for space exploration, its spaceport project discontinued as all of Earth under the aegis of the United Nations decides that fixing our problems on Earth is a better idea than fleeing into the stars.

Cog the Blind Drunk
This is Cog the Drunk's story. The story of a blind adventurer in a big Dorf Fortress world. Currently on hiatus
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47]