Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Prisoners are breeding.  (Read 1420 times)

globofglob

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
The Prisoners are breeding.
« on: February 11, 2010, 12:33:06 pm »

And I found myself in the care of four little prisoner babies. So, any ideas as to what to do with them? I had thought of throwing them off the sacrifical Ziggurat once it is completed, but by then they will be grown.

Also, Does anyone have any ideas for making more little prisoner babies?

monkeyfetus

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring:terrible puns]
    • View Profile
Re: The Prisoners are breeding.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 12:46:20 pm »

Captured goblins can have children? How does this work? Do they have to be captured with their spouse? Did they come to the fort pregnant?
Why does my adventurer keep crying?
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.

lucusLoC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 01:00:43 pm »

indeed. this is new information to me. i did notice they looked like a modded species though, perhaps that has something to do with it?
Quantum dumps are proof of "memory" being a perfectly normal dimension in DF. ~Gazz

globofglob

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 01:03:41 pm »

Probably. They're from the civ Unleashed mod, though there are no notable differences besides somehow having the [trainable] and [pet_exotic] tags. The adults don't seem to be trainable, but now that I've checked, the children certainly are...

Also, a wrestler just popped out twins.

Loyal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rogueish looks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 01:21:51 pm »

You should use Dwarf Companion (or whichever one does it) to convert the lot of 'em to your civ.

namragog

• Bay Watcher
  • How many woods can a wood wood chu- Wait, no...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 01:24:19 pm »

I need to do this. LOL

also, you could put them in a sealed room with a dead guy and wait until year 6.  :D
Erarngumrash!

Canadark

• Bay Watcher
  • meet me in the mead hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 02:13:57 pm »

The title of this thread = total win.
You all do know that we everytime we gen a world in DF, a new universe is created somewhere, and everytime we delete a save we kill a whole world?
Aye, we are Armok, god of blood, evil, villager gutting, fortress building, legend making and elf thongs.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 05:23:34 pm »

I want this mod now...
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 05:43:10 pm »

Captured goblins can have children? How does this work? Do they have to be captured with their spouse? Did they come to the fort pregnant?

I suspect it's the spouse reason somehow.

I also know there was a case of a human liaison who became trapped at a fort and started having children inside the zoo built around her.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 08:58:32 pm »

I suspect it's the spouse reason somehow.

I also know there was a case of a human liaison who became trapped at a fort and started having children inside the zoo built around her.

I remember that thread. It was extremely amusing. Someone should find a link. But not me.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit