Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: iPick Mafia Signups, Game started (link to main thread at end)  (Read 19932 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

You Pandarsenic, are Legendary Gunslinger.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Well yeah, but in terms of my mafia playing.

*Hates Gunfight. Hates Gunfight SO MUCH. Almost as much as evomomir/momir*
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

IN

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Well yeah, but in terms of my mafia playing.
Scum.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile

I'm feeling better now I've got some sleep. So in, if you aren't taking Org.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

He's C-rank so I can't. :c
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

He's C-rank so I can't. :c
But...
Its a replace...

:C

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: iPick Mafia [Signups, 13/13. Balancing, 2Cobalt2Kobold] (A, S, and N Ranks)
« Reply #172 on: February 27, 2010, 09:45:09 pm »

Game has to start for you to replace, Org. <_<;
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 27, 2010, 09:49:04 pm »

*puts claw on the scale*
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 27, 2010, 09:50:05 pm »

Game has to start for you to replace, Org. <_<;
sorta.
>.>

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 28, 2010, 07:58:26 am »

The nice thing about mafia is that your opponents tend to adapt with you.  Since people work out your strategy and read your meta, there isn't really an optimal one to stay on.

For the record, I think the reason I'm often hard to read is moodswings.  You're more likely to be reading my current hormone levels than my alignment, in most cases.

Oddly enough, pretty much no one tries to use meta on me (though I can't fully understand why).  Accusations tend to run into the "you're being less irritable than usual" category =/  I also don't understand why so few serious lynch attempts are run on me, but that's just how it is.

For me, I believe it's a combination of 1. moodswings and 2. a giant mental program-thing I made to stabilize said moodswings.  Thus I vary erratically between being able to control my moods almost perfectly and not keeping them clamped down.  Often, a difference is visible between simultaneously-running games >_>

Your town and mafia play pretty much match to my eyes.  I havn't seen you do anything that I can honestly say "that's scum Vector talking."

Although I try not to rely on meta in any case.  It's too easy to manipulate and you really have to analyze multiple games just to get a real readout.  Perhaps the heavy attempts to use meta on me helped to spoil things. 

Instead I go traditional: look for normal scumtells regardless on who it is.  It's been highly effective.

As for the 1 year curse, I get that "can't go much farther" issue as well, especially if the next step in mastery is just repetition (ok, you know all the tricks, now just play it out 5000 times to work it into instinct).  Perfect example is in an MMO: once you get past the point where you're learning how to fight and deal with new situations and you have to just grind through the same monsters over and over and over using the same techniques I'm basically done.

The BIGGEST cause though is time.  I loved most of the Muds I played and was able to bypass the 'grind' by getting into RP and guildwork (I swear, if I could put my experience in Aetolia and Lusternia in a resume I'd be set for a management career).  However, work and life made the commitment impossible.  A good few other games hit the same problem.  %*)@ I can only find dedicated time to read while walking my dog (NOT easy to carry a hardcover WOT book while holding an umbrella and a dog that sees another dog and thinks she MUSTMEETTHATDOGANDPLAYWITHITRIGHTNOWOMGNOWNOWNOWIGOGOGOGOGOGOGO!!!!!!!!!!!!111).

So the problem here?  I'm unemployed right now but waiting on 3 government temp jobs to kick in this and next month, 2 full time and 1.. no clue since it's the first time I've done Census work.  If things work out, I'll be, at at least one point, doing 2 shifts.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 28, 2010, 03:00:17 pm »

As for the 1 year curse, I get that "can't go much farther" issue as well, especially if the next step in mastery is just repetition (ok, you know all the tricks, now just play it out 5000 times to work it into instinct).  Perfect example is in an MMO: once you get past the point where you're learning how to fight and deal with new situations and you have to just grind through the same monsters over and over and over using the same techniques I'm basically done.

Ah, when I say "can't go much farther" I mean that I did the repetition work, too.  Basically, I tend to not notice when I get into that area, because if I'm not doing it right every time, then I don't know the material.  If I can rip open a literary work 90% of the time, but not all the time, then I can't stop yet--I just have to go find the cases that eluded me.

So, if I find an unusual book, I'll read it.  I just refuse to read anything "trivial."  If I've already solved the problem some huge number of times, I'm not going to work out the solution again.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 28, 2010, 03:45:37 pm »

Why does no one try to read me?
I mean,
 it isn't that difficult?
Or is it?
I have never really looked at my posts,
 until months later,
 when I want a few laughs.
Is it that some games I don't have enough content,
 or that I am too confusing?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 28, 2010, 03:56:07 pm »

Well... sometimes it seems you can be read.  Your constant prodding of a lurking partner in BYOR made you kinda obvious (your reviver ability didn't help too much with two people attempting to kill you in the following night :P).

Actually, I'm thinking of just demanding a claim from Org at the start of every closed setup game.  His falseclaims tend to be horrible (LCS Mafia... double voter reviver?!  BYOR Mafia... some kind of weird overpowered bomb thing?!)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 28, 2010, 07:02:37 pm »

Why does no one try to read me?
I mean,
 it isn't that difficult?
Or is it?
I have never really looked at my posts,
 until months later,
 when I want a few laughs.
Is it that some games I don't have enough content,
 or that I am too confusing?
You're fairly blank-faced, but occasionally you will screw up and let something major drop. My experience is, if you're NOT trying to justify your vote, then you're town. If you are, then it's someone else's attack, but phrased in a manner that conceals it. You're slightly more active when scum, but this is unreliable. If you're doing something crazy (that isn't just get lynched like in BYOR) then you're town.

I haven't looked at your more recent games.

Two people? I know I was one...
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16