Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I want to be able to Tear limbs off  (Read 7796 times)

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I want to be able to Tear limbs off
« on: October 04, 2011, 07:12:00 pm »

I want to grab the lower body then grab the  lower leg. Then i want to be able to Start Pulling... first the leg goes out of the socket. Then... slowly over the turns you rip off limbs ahahaha. I wish Interactions/Wrestling allowed that. Obviously limb ripping would usually result in the person being blacked out from extreme pain. That or they are usually already passed out from being strangled.
(Pinching doesn't really sound like ripping a limb off not to mention you use only one hand when pinching. (Pinching causing severed limbs confounds me i suppose maybe it is... Just Squeezing so hard it comes out... what?)

Does anyone else hope this gets incorporated?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 09:08:13 pm by Kromgar »

RayesKotrora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I want to be able to Tear limbs off
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 09:14:44 pm »

Pinching only causes severed limbs when the pincher is a skyscraper-height sentient statue made of bronze. Anyone else (humanoids) would not actually be able to rip off limbs in real life, period, unless they were this guy and the rip-ee was this guy.

Och skänk henne dessa vinflaskor in bed henne dricka all sorg ur sitt sinn.

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 01:06:30 am »

bite and shake, works quite fine.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 09:07:07 am »

No.

The Combat System is not designed to be silly.

You are not a Super Human/Dwarf/Elf.

Besides. Just Mod yourself some seriously tough hands.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 09:27:27 am »

I think it would be fine to implement a "Sheering" or "tearing" force for wrestling. If implemented correctly, things like humans just wouldn't have the strength to use it on other humans (just like giants can "throw" smaller creatures several tiles, but humans only throw them down on to the same tile).

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 10:19:57 am »

if the game was going to have some sort of limb ripping it would most likely involve getting a REALLY good grip on something and then putting a lot of force against where it is connected like a superwhatever strength guy with legendary wrestling and kicking grabbing someone by the arm with both hands and kicking them in the shoulder, even then that most likely wouldn't sever the limb
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 11:14:28 am »

I agree with piecewise. A human probably couldn't tear off another humans arm (maybe unless the tearer was like super strong and the victim was shockingly fragile), but i reckon something like a troll could rip off your leg and pummel you to death with it. Likewise could you probably go around and tear limbs off small mammals, such as rabbits or marmots. If you're feeling THAT cruel. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 12:21:55 pm »

I agree with piecewise. A human probably couldn't tear off another humans arm (maybe unless the tearer was like super strong and the victim was shockingly fragile), but i reckon something like a troll could rip off your leg and pummel you to death with it. Likewise could you probably go around and tear limbs off small mammals, such as rabbits or marmots. If you're feeling THAT cruel. :P
And we are. Time to catch little children and pull their heads off.

AfterShave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 01:26:00 pm »

I'd like to be able to try to pull too. Even if you wouldn't be strong enough to actually rip the part from the body, you could(should?) be able to at least be able to disjoint joints. Like pulling a finger crooked or pop the shoulder joint.
Gotta love the DF forums. A statement like this anywhere else could land you a couple years of counseling.

This is an anagram of my name
      Highborn Jerk Monster

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 06:25:39 pm »

And we are. Time to catch little children and pull their heads off.
Ahh, bay12 in a nutshell. Cruel, sadistic and abhorrent. Reminds me of how much I love you guys. :'D
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Quantumtroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 03:56:58 am »

I'd like to be able to try to pull too. Even if you wouldn't be strong enough to actually rip the part from the body, you could(should?) be able to at least be able to disjoint joints. Like pulling a finger crooked or pop the shoulder joint.
You can already pop the shoulder joint when wrestling. First you grab the limb, then you lock the joint, then you break it horribly.

For a challenge a few months ago I played an unarmed peasant.  Pretty soon I was pretty good at old-school gouging: pinching off the ears and nose, biting off fingers, gouging the eyes.  A lucky scratch could send a goblin arm or leg flying off in an arc, but that was rare.  If I wanted a fight to end, I'd grab and tear out their throat.

AfterShave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 12:37:54 pm »

There should be a milder alternative to breaking things ;). Maybe in preparation of being able to take people prisoner without maiming them enough so they can barely be sold as slaves.  :P
Gotta love the DF forums. A statement like this anywhere else could land you a couple years of counseling.

This is an anagram of my name
      Highborn Jerk Monster